Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Xeno-ITZ: Ultimate doom expansion set for Kodexia

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Oh my, look at the time! It's time to die!
:decline:for LARP, most people cannot into good one. Soory.

And promise me.... If I ever survive the raep - make me a shotgun lady.

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
Comrade Lightbane is willing to join with the intention of die horribly fight for honor and glory!

34scell

Augur
You can mod the troop number for the first two dropships up to 20. I'd change them to 10 and 13, as just 8 troops kind of sucks.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I'm planning to keep things vanilla (additional maps notwithstanding). Adding more troops to a carrier just makes the game easier.
Besides, if I was going to mod the game, I'd re-introduce this thing I made earlier:

VRZMYad.jpg

Essentially a stunrod that deals physical damage instead. I had a power sword as well that dealt plasma damage and had huge armor penetration.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Dude, where are your rocketeers.

Roxorowski volunteering for demolition service! :incline:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Regular rockets are a bit meh. I may get a rocketeer once I get alenium/stun rockets. But odds are I will wait until plasma rockets + shrike.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer

Not wishing to say anything bad about the game, but I've found this entry rather annoying. Like, dudes, you have pistols which fire faster than rifles, grenades which can be thrown only if one of your hands is absolutely free and fucking shotguns being used for serious military purposes, and you crap on the dual pistols for being unrealistic? Lol.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron

Not wishing to say anything bad about the game, but I've found this entry rather annoying. Like, dudes, you have pistols which fire faster than rifles, grenades which can be thrown only if one of your hands is absolutely free and fucking shotguns being used for serious military purposes, and you crap on the dual pistols for being unrealistic? Lol.

I think the original idea was that there should've been stats in the lower-right, telling you weapon range in tiles, damage values, armor pen etc. A bit like the armor entries. I guess they just forgot at some point and left the placeholder thingie in. But meh... It's a single page in the xenopedia. I can live with a single page being derp. At least it tells you there is no in-game benefit to dual-wielding pistols besides looking awesome. And you can totally throw a grenade with both hands full. It just costs more time units.

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Regular rockets are a bit meh.

Never underestimate the power of blindfire aoe and demolition :rpgcodex:

especially in urban environments!!!

Case in point from just 5 minutes ago

Lt Roxorowski rushes into a building, straight into the loving embrace of a reaper!

point blank shotgun hit doesn't kill it!!!

Is this the end for poor Roxorowski?!

There are some windows across the building, and three potential shooters who could save the hapless leutnant, BUT ALAS! A single tile of flimsy office wall blocks the view 100%

BUT THERE IS YET HOPE! CALL IN THE ROCKET ROOM SERVICE!

Lt Excidium fires a missile over some pipes, through the windows and straight into the wall, blowing it into smithereens! :incline: After that, the BROs waiting outside can save the buttocks of Roxorowski from horrible forced penetration!

Ashery

Prophet
That's pretty much the main reason I carry rockets.

Had an annoying little Caesan guard that wouldn't leave this little two story building in the corner of the map. And considering that I was completely unarmored at this point, it was pretty much guaranteed to cost me a couple lives in a rush.

A rocket to the side of his camping spot on the second floor solved the issue quite satisfactorily :smug:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Main problem is who to drop for rockets in a squad of 8. 2 shieldmaidens is pretty much mandatory after the nerf where you can't carry shields in your backpack.
I *could* drop the sniper, but he's quite useful after the rifles got nerfed.
HMG and Shotgun are mandatory for close range and suppression.
And since riflemen are the best candidates for carrying medkits, I'm not sur eI am willing to settle for 2.
Medkit on sniper makes no sense, since he's typically too far away to use it in a timely manner. HMG dude needs all his carrying capacity for gun&ammo. Shotgun... Fneh. I could, but then I'd have to shunt either grenades or ammo into the backpack.

Last edited:
Eh - you can get away with one shield. I'm not a huge fan of them personally - shields are rather flimsy and they don't kill enough. I change my shield to shotgunner after wolf armor.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
12112.jpg
Right. We got some late arrivals to the team. Give the new guys a welcome and make them draw straws for gear.
15370.jpg
Sweet! I got a riot shield! bet you suckers wish you were getting extra protection! :smug:
RN5WTjb.jpg

15668.jpg
CAN I TRADE ROCKETS FOR KNUCKLEDUSTERS? I WANT TO BE UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL!
16993.jpg
Seriously? Everyone has been craving heavier weapons and you assign it to the one person who wants to be in melee range?
12112.jpg
:codexisfor:
t4Rqbes.jpg

11282.jpg
I got a murdershotgun. I'm content. :smug:
JM7jBSQ.jpg

f4LR1yu.png
Ugh... I wish you would start carrying your portable radio around the base commander. I don't like sullying myself with breathing the same air as these... grunts.
12112.jpg
Eh. A little exercise will do you good sciencedude. What have you got for me?
0A6ASs0.jpg

12112.jpg
Excellent! We'll start cranking these out immediately! So should we focus on preliminary research for stun weapons or armor ne—
11748.jpg
11950.jpg
10508.jpg
14374.jpg
16993.jpg
8745.jpg
BETTER ARMOR!

cEYtUpS.jpg

12112.jpg
4 days to build a plane? I can live with that. It should take us 5 days to have an extra hangar ready. Get to work, Ivan!
V1Dp0Ys.jpg

P2Sl4Zs.jpg

8Xn3MIA.png
Phase two of base construction is complete! We have extra workspace in the labs and workshops now.
AO0P9wf.jpg

Qa9JrP8.jpg

MwUzfjZ.png
We have UFO contacts over Iran!
12112.jpg
Meh... Sandniggers. They'r enot paying us for protection.
MwUzfjZ.png
Actually, the Sheiks donated 50 camels and a Rolls Royce to your pers—
12112.jpg
Scramble Interceptors!
6zFe5dD.jpg

Kda2BAY.png

lRu58Po.png

dIuQoA3.png

8vmiPvs.png

12112.jpg
Get a full nights rest people! You're departing to clean the crash site at dawn
QEOwd6r.jpg

14374.jpg
Can I sit this one out commander? My old war wound is acting up? :(
12112.jpg
Really, Tzaero? Really!? Get your ass in the helicopter before I have you flogged!
Ra3Fps3.jpg

11748.jpg
I haff a doktor note! See? It says "unfit for battle".
12112.jpg
This looks suspiciously like your handwriting. But ERYfKRAD looks like he'll start gnawing at furniture if he doesn't get to perform violent acts soon. *sigh* Tell him to grab his rocket tube and take your spot in the chopper.
o4FDA8o.jpg

YzORKnd.jpg

10508.jpg
Contact! We need to clear a line of fire!
4yZDpXR.jpg

15668.jpg
I SMASH PUNY OBSTACLE WITH BOOMTUBE!
aWo8F42.jpg

8745.jpg
Poland thanks you for your contribution for her greater glory! :smug:
wlb7T2c.jpg

14374.jpg
OWW! Ok, who was the fucker that just shot me in the back?
*whistles innocently*
phTuSHg.jpg

15370.jpg
I have visual contact with the Xenoship!
bStp00P.jpg

14374.jpg
You also ran right past a xeno without spotting it! Eyes open, rookie!
QcZO5YZ.jpg

MtGFUmw.jpg

15668.jpg
I SEE MORE WEAK FLESHTHINGS!
8yMSokO.jpg

15668.jpg
BOOMTUBE FAILS ME! :x
BN5SlV1.jpg

15370.jpg
Good thing I'm in cover behind this brush and have an undamaged shield to pro—
uJ7TYev.jpg

15370.jpg
AAAAAARGH!
dead.gif

urNk1uq.jpg

10508.jpg
Bam! Rookie avenged! I honestly have no idea why people are so desperate to have shields. They seem like they're cursed.
wIwPGCD.jpg

15668.jpg
BOOMTUBE KNOCKS ON DOOR!
7nQLDzz.jpg

11950.jpg
Yes! A static target to feed the thirst of Sascha! Booyah! Phoenix carries the team again! :smug:
eTEJ2t9.jpg

ExdKbvN.png

f4LR1yu.png
We're ready to process the recovered aliens, Commander.

AWn23vP.jpg

Code:
Project TURNCOAT interim report, 17th September 1979

I am pleased to announce that work has progressed ahead of the revised project schedule. We have
entered Enrichment phase B, which builds on previous work. In Enrichment phases A&B test subjects
are drugged using a alien-compliant synthetic derived from LSD, and exposed to a variety of high-quality
visual images, coupled with a mixture of ultrasonic and infrasonic sounds designed to impress the images
on the subject. The initial images and sounds in phase A are designed to break down and depress the
subjects' sense of self, as much a cult might break down a new member in preparation for its teachings
(but compressed into a much shorter period of time). In phase B, the images and sounds are designed
to fill the gap made in phase A with a new set of basic-level social and mental triggers. Subjects that
complete both phases A and B will be primed for interrogation by other staff and possibly repogramming
to become agents among their own kind.

Pleasure/pain conditioning is being trialled as an alternative to drug sensitisation as balancing the
increase in sensory acuity with mental stability and biochemical/neurological compatibility has been far
more difficult than previously expected. Work into exploiting the telempathic link between Caesan
subjects have been shelved to concentrate efforts on producing stable, primed subjects.

Please find attached to this report a requisition for more subjects. While I understand this is a sensitive
matter, the less than ideal conditions that project members have to work under necessitate higher burn-
through. I point out that this projects' worth has already been proven with the valuable information
passed on to project CLARITY regarding toxicological and neurobiological processes for both Sebillian and
Caesan subjects.

Henry Green,
Project Director

Addenda: I append the list of recently deceased subjects.

Subject C12. Adverse reaction to batch 10, sudden cardiac arrest.
Subject C13. Catatonia (complete withdrawal), euthanized.
Subject C14. Irretrievable state of amnesia, euthanized.
Subject C15. Toxic overdose (batch 10b), no response to recovery methods, asphyxiation.

12112.jpg
popcorn01.gif

10CJEKi.jpg

RFOOzNB.png
We haff first prototype readik for you. Is good, da? Superior Soviet Tech for bringing glory to motherland.
zqsLkr5.jpg

12112.jpg
What do you mean, "we can't wield them effectively"? Can't you just tweak the handle or add a stock to use it as a SMG!? I'm not convinced you fuckers arne't just being lazy.
N3Fcyfn.png

11748.jpg
11950.jpg
10508.jpg
14374.jpg
16993.jpg
8745.jpg

15668.jpg
11282.jpg
WOOHOO!
t0Yj5QA.jpg

12112.jpg
sinc eyou eggheads are obviously too stupid to figure out how to retrofit a grip that' suable by wimpy greys, you better get cracking on an alternative firepower upgrade for me.
XjeNUr2.jpg

70LHiBk.jpg

MwUzfjZ.png
Question, sir.
12112.jpg
What is it?
MwUzfjZ.png
Why did you send the foxtrots out loaded with avalanche missiles? Won't the light scout UFOs be able to dodge those with ease?
12112.jpg
Watch and learn :smug:
lFv7tl4.jpg

ABGreqa.png

6XeTIzB.png

12112.jpg
Bam! UFO can only dodge left or right! Pincer maneuvre, then hit it from the side and it cannot dodge. :smug:

15668.jpg
BE VERY QUIET LITTLE WEAK FRIENDS! ERYFKRAD SNEAK MELEE LOADOUT ONTO FLAPPY FLY THING! NO MORE BOOMTUBE FOR BARBARIAN AM SMASH!
Nw6zVbH.jpg

12112.jpg
So we have a prototype of the new heavy armor suit ready for one lucky sol—
14374.jpg
DIBS!
16bsX60.jpg

ci3zM4n.jpg

12112.jpg
I hope everyone brought lunches! You're going to a second crash site after this.
FMkWjeR.jpg

15668.jpg
ERYFKRAD AM SEE ENEMY! MAYBE IS NOT GOOD IDEA LEAVE BOOMTUBE AT HOME :(
vBVcJsg.jpg

11950.jpg
Set up a distr- firing line while Sascha and I find a line of fire!
g0M1bNO.jpg

dGYZnWD.jpg

10508.jpg
Ambush!
S1YDlj6.jpg

15668.jpg
RAGE DESCENT ON ERYFKRAD! EAT GRENADE THROUGH WINDOW!
BTWXNjE.jpg

11748.jpg
Surprise, Xenos! The beer at base was crap!
fXy6Lno.jpg

15668.jpg
ERYFKRAD GRENADE AM SMASH PUNY WALL! IS MAKE WITH SHOOTING PUNY ALIEN NOW!
bpEQCwt.jpg

11950.jpg
Ta mate. You are a good support to my glorious carry. :smug:
qmJ0K3r.jpg

rYrVpBc.jpg

8745.jpg
Siema, Xeno! :outrage:
PYmGIMm.jpg

5ppSx2u.jpg

11748.jpg
*yawn* ...waiting for the rifles to pop moles is not why I signed up for this gig.
dKnaAym.jpg

10508.jpg
....Hey. Did anyone see where Scrooge went?
yGPy2Bv.jpg

0ntXzHB.jpg

14374.jpg
Why the fuck are you not in formation, corporal?
EQHoQO7.jpg

11748.jpg
Ah, there you boys are! I found friends!
czXxeJP.jpg

11748.jpg
And you're just the distraction I needed! :smug:
0gZWVlH.jpg

15668.jpg
ERYFKRAD AM MAYBE MISS BOOMTUBE A LITTLE NOW
k4FeJYI.jpg

14374.jpg
Then grab it from the chopper instead of whining. You realize the commander left it under your seat, don't you? FLASHBANGS OUT!
cSVgxb2.jpg

8745.jpg
Polant stronk! :outrage:
Ur7Jg0R.jpg

11748.jpg
I'll take the last one up close while it's dazed!
15668.jpg
ERYFKRAD MAYBE WANT SAME BOOMTUBE AS RUN OFF LADY!
tzctyml.jpg

12112.jpg
You actually managed a full mission without killing yourselves? I'm shocked. Here, have some randomly assigned promotions.
O87R9hq.png

12112.jpg
How're the seats in those helicopters anyway?
RFOOzNB.png
There is no seat. Only hard metal floor. You said "seats cost money. I am not made of seats".
12112.jpg
Oh. Right. I did, didn't I. How long do you think it'll take to fly from western Africa to North of India?
MwUzfjZ.png
About 14 hours in the helicopter.
12112.jpg
Really? Huh. whatever happened to those in-flight toilets on the plans.
RFOOzNB.png
You said "I am not made of toilets".
12112.jpg
I did, didn't I?
IQj7IDi.jpg

15668.jpg
ERYFKRAD AM REunitED WITH BOOMTUBE! MAKE MUCH MORE HURT THAN PUNY HANDGUN! :love:
OcwBaxK.jpg

16993.jpg
Wait... did additional suits of armor just teleport onto the helicopter?
12112.jpg
*waves hand* I am not abusing a glitch in the loadout screen
16993.jpg
You. Are. Not. Abusing. A. Glitch. In. The. Loadout. Screen.
12112.jpg
*waves hand* The armor was always there.
16993.jpg
The. Armor. Was. Always. There.
12112.jpg
*waves hand* Put it on.
C9myzyx.jpg

NKpSNJk.jpg

Z5DSMa2.png

14374.jpg
Excuse me. Farmers. Speak-a you eng-a-leesh? See any Xeno?
sOYR6fO.jpg

No contacts yet. Are you sure we landed in the right spot?
5dMtUkt.jpg

15668.jpg
ERYFKRAD AM DEMAND TINY ALIEN SHOW ITSELF!
M5Ng7H5.jpg

14374.jpg
Contact! Flash out!
LhxuG6q.jpg

11748.jpg
That's my cue! BLITZKRIEG!!!
JrfcuAj.jpg

11748.jpg
Er.... Little help here guys?
14374.jpg
The fuck? How did you manage to miss at that range with the entire spread?
M748XGS.jpg

11950.jpg
The Kraut is on her own. Reported for feeding!
PAgfNDh.jpg

11748.jpg
MEIN LEBEN!
rVwES3t.jpg

11748.jpg
....Wait. I'm alive? HA! Superior German armor wins the day! FEUER FREI!
pt93IBl.jpg

11950.jpg
Did that alien just wander into our line of fire without shooting? It'd be impolite not to take advantage. :smug:
2RWwCcY.jpg

11950.jpg
Another? And it's not even my birthday! :love:
WsKgyRE.jpg

12112.jpg
Two missions in a row without you guys getting yourself killed!? This calls for celebration! Medals for everyone!
RFOOzNB.png
You told us: 'I am not made of medals'.
12112.jpg
Medals for some people!
9ffl3ec.png

12112.jpg
Ok. This one I can sort-of understand it could be tricky to retrofit for human hands. But I am still sad and confused. Also angry.
f4LR1yu.png
Well... I suppose we could settle for lasers. They'll do less damage than plasma weapons. But they'll look extremely stylish and futuristic in the 80s.
er6CeIc.png

12112.jpg
Make it so! Try to have it done quick. I just heard from mission command that one of our foxtrot shot down the largest UFO yet.
rrTM17W.jpg

Ashery

Prophet
Main problem is who to drop for rockets in a squad of 8.

You don't.

Instead of using your high Str guy to carry an HMG (Which, after trying to use them a couple times recently in the early game, I consider to be rather shitty due to their enormous TU cost), use him to carry a rifle and a rocket launcher with one or two rockets in his backpack.

Ashery

Prophet
The thing is, I *LOVE* the scatterlaser/plasmacaster/magstorm. :love:

They certainly have their uses, especially with the rifle range nerf, but their limited mobility makes it difficult for them to adapt to dynamic situations. Both rifles and snipers can move a pretty significant distance and still fire off a decent shot afterwards. Or, better yet, move out into the open, fire, and then move back into complete cover.

Yeah - Machine gun is legit. I kind of use them as Snipers in a way - give them a line of fire and watch them clean up.

I normally do what you suggest with a high STR rifleman, Ashery. I tend to have two or three of those - so having one pull double duty keeps the squad more balanced.

Also - Predator Armor.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom