Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

X-COM XCOM 2 + War of the Chosen Expansion Thread

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
I love the patch notes
- Significant updates to reinforcements and arrival timing to go along with increased mission timers. Decreased reinforcement rates on most missions on rookie and veteran. Reinforcements won't occur if more than 70 living enemies are on the map. Reinforcements of 10 and 12 enemies are now possible. Initial reinforcement pod strength will depend on infiltration %. Reinforcement Rate still depends primarily on region strength.
Because battles with 24 visible aliens, with 3 grenadiers, 3 heavy rocketeers and 6 vipers among them, were not exciting enough. That perfectly describes their understanding of reality.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I love the patch notes
- Significant updates to reinforcements and arrival timing to go along with increased mission timers. Decreased reinforcement rates on most missions on rookie and veteran. Reinforcements won't occur if more than 70 living enemies are on the map. Reinforcements of 10 and 12 enemies are now possible. Initial reinforcement pod strength will depend on infiltration %. Reinforcement Rate still depends primarily on region strength.
Because battles with 24 visible aliens, with 3 grenadiers, 3 heavy rocketeers and 6 vipers among them, were not exciting enough. That perfectly describes their understanding of reality.
If you let number of enemies reach those numbers that is your own fault.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
I played vanilla.

This LW 1 and 2 sounds like...

XCOM - Fuck You! You're Dead!

Zep--

Never thought I'd see the day the Codex cried because a game with adjustable difficulty levels was too hard.

LW2 is amazing. If you don't like some of the things like reinforcement numbers you're an .ini edit away from perfecting your experience.

LW1 is good and is pretty much mandatory for me if I would ever play the game again. But LW2 feels like a step forward (randomised maps, finally!), two steps back. Way too many rough edges and fuck-you things that happen without even a chance of countering them (especially on the strategic level), while some things that I liked from the previous game/mod are missing or implemented only half-assed.

ArchAngel

Arcane
After I got totally demolished in a Supply Raid mission by aliens way beyond my tech level - I only got basic Laser weapons and no armor and they had Muton Centurions and Heavy MECs - I learned that in 1.3 skipping Supply Raids is how you play now. In their attempt to stop everyone farming Supply Raids in 1.2 and below they went the other way now and made them almost impossible to do.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
After I got totally demolished in a Supply Raid mission by aliens way beyond my tech level - I only got basic Laser weapons and no armor and they had Muton Centurions and Heavy MECs - I learned that in 1.3 skipping Supply Raids is how you play now. In their attempt to stop everyone farming Supply Raids in 1.2 and below they went the other way now and made them almost impossible to do.
100% infil? and less than 6 advent str in the region?

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Something's up
jtay6q.jpg

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The real war? I'm getting inception vibes. Are we finally outside the dream? Is the top spinning?

ArchAngel

Arcane
The real war? I'm getting inception vibes. Are we finally outside the dream? Is the top spinning?
Xcom 2 ends by you finding out Elders were preparing to fight someone. I guess now we get to fight that someone. I don't have a clue how it is going to work.

Mazisky

Magister
Xcom 2 ends by you finding out Elders were preparing to fight someone. I guess now we get to fight that someone. I don't have a clue how it is going to work.

I doubt they make an expansion as a stand alone post vanilla, generally they do mid content with the same campaign

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What is your problem with timers? They are what make the game tense, and prevent you to wait 4 turns to reload every weapons, or move 1 dude at a time.

I'd rather have the pods removed instead.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What is your problem with timers? They are what make the game tense, and prevent you to wait 4 turns to reload every weapons, or move 1 dude at a time.

The timers aren't always bad.
But each mission has them, which is just annoying to play.

Let some missions have them (where it makes sense), and have some without.
And, yeah, definitely remove that pod nonsense.

Mazisky

Magister

The timers aren't always bad.
But each mission has them, which is just annoying to play.

Let some missions have them (where it makes sense), and have some without.
And, yeah, definitely remove that pod nonsense.

I don't get timers complains in a turn based game, it's not like u have 1 min to end the turn, u can have a 10 turn timer and 4 days of free thinking before it expires lol

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom