Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline XBawks 360 & Xbawks backwards compatible recommendations

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I've been thinking of buying an XB360 soon, mainly since I want Tenchu Z. But I feel it's pretty dumb to buy a console just for one or two games so what XB360 and backwards compatible XB games would Codex recommend?

So far I'm thinking of getting

Tenchu Z
Lost Odyssey
Dead or Alive 3/4
Ninja Gaiden Black

boot

Prophet
Blue Dragon sucks, it's just a really long boring jrpg. The art guy is famous -I think I remember reading- but the aesthetic is still boring. Very banal. I sold all 12 discs with the manual and case to Gamestop for 1$, never felt the urge to play that game ever again. It's not fun, man.

Operation Darkness, Kingdom Under Fire: Crusaders, Fable, Halo series xD (they are cool though, serious). MechAssault was a launch title for Original XBOX, was nice, but it is not backwards compatible. MechAssault 2 is but it's not as good.
SPLINTER CELL <--- :kwafuckyeah: (forgot this is multiplatform, still, if you haven't played it)

You should look through the arcade and indie arcade games, some are decent. Platformance: Castle Pain is a 1$ indie game that was fun.

If I think of more I will edit this post. :salute:

Last edited:

Falksi

Arcane
The Last Remnant is a damn fine game. Flawed and annoying here & there, but overall really good fun and worth playing.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The Last Remnant is a damn fine game. Flawed and annoying here & there, but overall really good fun and worth playing.

Who would play it on the Xbox though, when the PC version is much better and fixed much of the annoying stuff?

Don Peste

Arcane
168639-breakdown-xbox-front-cover.jpg
37609-brute-force-xbox-front-cover.jpg
19313-buffy-the-vampire-slayer-xbox-front-cover.jpg
59683-conker-live-reloaded-xbox-front-cover.jpg
25177-dino-crisis-3-xbox-front-cover.jpg
368351-dinotopia-the-sunstone-odyssey-xbox-front-cover.jpg
39064-dungeons-dragons-heroes-xbox-front-cover.jpg
189634-galleon-xbox-front-cover.jpg
26453-grabbed-by-the-ghoulies-xbox-front-cover.jpg
28579-hunter-the-reckoning-redeemer-xbox-front-cover.jpg
47722-kingdom-under-fire-the-crusaders-xbox-front-cover.jpg
38618-kung-fu-chaos-xbox-front-cover.jpg
37742-otogi-myth-of-demons-xbox-front-cover.jpg
20117-phantasy-star-online-episode-i-ii-xbox-front-cover.jpg
121929-raze-s-hell-xbox-front-cover.jpg
171493-shenmue-ii-xbox-front-cover.jpg
17037-star-wars-obi-wan-xbox-front-cover.jpg
19441-toejam-earl-iii-mission-to-earth-xbox-front-cover.jpg
26676-voodoo-vince-xbox-front-cover.jpg
66063-whacked-xbox-front-cover.jpg

Breakdown, Brute Force, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Conker, Dino Crisis 3, Dinotopia, Dungeons & Dragons: Heroes, Galleon, Grabbed by the Ghoulies, Hunter: The Reckoning - Redeemer, Kingdom Under Fire, Kung Fu Chaos, Otogi, Phantasy Star Online, Raze's Hell, Shenmue II, Star Wars: Obi-Wan, ToeJam & Earl III, Voodoo Vince, Whacked.
Edit: Check https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games_compatible_with_Xbox_360

Bonus
Metal Wolf Chaos is a third-person shooter video game developed and published by FromSoftware, released for the Xbox in Japan on December 22, 2004.

The game revolves around a fictitious President of the United States named Michael Wilson. Using a suit of powered armor named Metal Wolf, he battles forces who have taken over his country in a coup d'état, including his nemesis, Vice President Richard Hawk.

Although released exclusively in Japan, Metal Wolf Chaos has full English voice acting.

This one has rats.

Plain silly.

For the 360 I can add: Halo 3: ODST, The Outfit, Saints Row I, Doritos Crash Course.

Max Stats

Liturgist
360 BC for xb is shit. Every game I've tried has at least some not insignificant graphical issues, and I'm running a version of the BC that was leaked after the last official version and supports a lot more stuff than what you can get on an unhacked system.

If you really want to play xb games, I'd greatly recommend finding an actual XB (I think you can find them sometimes for around $50)

Hyperion

Arcane
Since you've already got Lost Odyssey on your list, you're pretty much golden. Not sure if you'll be using Xbox Live at all, because of the paywall. But if you do, Guardian Heroes is a cult classic.

Last edited:

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Full list of all the must-play XBox games;

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom