Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

X-COM for GP2X Wiz and many more.

Tails

Arbiter
After reading this thread I take a look around Nintendo DS(i) and well I tried to find out if there is X-COM port, for which I would sell my soul. Sadly, there is no port for DS (someone worked on it but gave up probably) but I found THIS. I almost shitted myself.... it's for GP2X Wiz console (official English website). I't seems that there is Dosbox and others Emulators, also ports of games like Quake I/II and it runs them fairly enough.

Does anyone on Codex has that Wiz beauty? I'm really considering getting it only because of X-COM.... thought I would like to know moar about performance etc.

Tails

Arbiter
that sounds pretty cool, but on the other hand, how many people actually own these things?
They sold about GP2X 30,000 in UK and about 60,000 in Germany but I'm not sure if this are actual sales.

There is a new model that will be released in this month GP2X Wiz (GP2X was discounted), there are some nice pics here. X-COM is also available for it.

Quake II vid.

Hory

Erudite
I'd definitely get a GP2X Wiz rather than the DS. I already have a GP2X which emulates tons of consoles. For the Wiz, you'll probably have to wait some months before all of the important software is ported. You could also go one step further and wait for the Pandora. It's a lot more powerful and made by respectable members of the GP2X community.

Tails

Arbiter
Hory, can you tell more about performance of MAME/PSX etc. Emulators? an also have you tried that X-COM port?

Pandora looks fine but I'm not sure if I need such "power" and it seems that project has strange delays... Anyway, if Emulators & X-COM will work normal (and won't drain battery in one hour) on Wiz I will be happy enough.

Severian Silk

I have a Pocket PC and wish it had the big horizontal screen and gamepad buttons. If this device also supports a stylus or multi-touch and can run simple productivity apps, it might make a good replacement.

Of course, a sub-notebook might be even better since you can plug in the USB gamepad of your choice and still run a normal Windows or Linux desktop using your keyboard and mouse.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom