Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

WR - General Chit-Chatter/Tidbits

Discussion in 'What Remains' started by Surf Solar, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Jim the Dinosaurgender: ⚧ Arcane

Jim the Dinosaur
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    Looks nice as always, but doesn't that sand texture suggest nothing should be growing there? The soil looks pretty damn loose.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Surf Solargender: ⚧ cannot into womynz

Surf Solar
    Parrots:
    ^ Top  
  3. Destroidgender: ⚧ Arcane

Destroid
    Parrots:
  4. Surf Solargender: ⚧ cannot into womynz

Surf Solar
    Parrots:
    Practised water etc. again. It's shitty, because it takes me hours upon hours to render and practise, but I never get it right. Animated it looks ok, but 4 hours rendering for one small part of a larger map is simply not acceptable... I will have to look for different rendering techniques in the future

[​IMG]
    ( /w stock WR armor model, simply a test for some dungeon I was always dreaming of)

[​IMG]
    (part of a dungeon I made with "Infinity engine" style in mind, doing some Underdark area, again huge fail, especially the water)

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    ^ Top  
  5. Surf Solargender: ⚧ cannot into womynz

Surf Solar
    Parrots:
    Thanks to those who brofisted the post above, but I would be more interested in if you actually find this is some plausible location? Does this look believable, is there some 4th wall breaking stuff? Is it even feasible to do so much custom art? And to the second screen, does that look like D&D Underdark to you?

^ Top  
  6. Make America Great Again The Brazilian Slaughtergender: ⚧ Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    Parrots:
    I like the first, looks like big secret bunker complex/secret ruined lab. Ground and walls are too shiny and spotless, needs more grunge, rust and rot. I would add some more darkness, unless it is a location that's supposed to still have light because it hans't broke it or has automated repair (think Sierra Army Depot).

The second looks unfallouty (but gorgerous) because of the pallete, especially that green stuff (fungus?) and the blue rock. I suggest looking at some real-life caves and the usual Fallout palette.

^ Top  
  7. Surf Solargender: ⚧ cannot into womynz

Surf Solar
    Parrots:
    The "blue rock" is actually water. :o As said, I have to learn how to do that right.

^ Top  
  8. Loricagender: ⚧ Educated

Lorica
    Parrots:
    How's tricks? :)

^ Top  
  9. Jim the Dinosaurgender: ⚧ Arcane

Jim the Dinosaur
    Parrots:
    Give the peasants an update.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Make America Great Again The Brazilian Slaughtergender: ⚧ Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    Parrots:
    Yeah, revolt risk is 10% already, we demand a update!

:mob:

INCLINE INCLINE WHERE'S THE INCLINE INCLINE INCLINE

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  11. Make America Great Again Ninjerkgender: ⚧ Arcane

Ninjerk
    Parrots:
    I just read through the whole thread. I want this and Tangut NAO CrazyLoon

^ Top  
  12. Surf Solargender: ⚧ cannot into womynz

Surf Solar
    Parrots:
    What Remains is on hold till I get some very crucial files from people who are inactive at the moment. :(

I am not lazy however and use the engine for some other stuff. Since I created lots of graphics that were obsolete for What Remains, I decided to create another short thing.

So, this is an adventure, feauturing parts from H.P. Lovecrafts "The Outsider" and the "Walker of the Waste" Class from D&D (it spreads the wasteland wherever it may walk). It is pretty unique as an RPG, based on wat I as a writer and graphics guy can do. If all goes well I will release the basic game of this for free and ask for more chapters on kickstarter. :)

[​IMG]

This doesnt mean that What Remains is dead, it just doesnt have people working on atm.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Make America Great Again Ninjerkgender: ⚧ Arcane

Ninjerk
    Parrots:
    :x

^ Top  
  14. Make America Great Again ERYFKRADgender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Parrots:
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Sounds goddamn cool. :salute:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Excidiumgender: ⚧ P. banal

Self-Ejected
    Parrots:
    I know the story with not dead mods. :M

But your new project sounds p. interesting. Good to do something new now and then anyway. Keep things fresh.

^ Top  
  16. Surf Solargender: ⚧ cannot into womynz

Surf Solar
    Parrots:
    It was born out of a "fuck it, I finally want to release something!" mood. So, instead of relying on other people, I took the stuff I can atleast into all on my own and make something playable. Everything on that new project relies ENTIRELY on my own and I am only myself to blame for delays. :P Since I know the FOnline Engine, it was an easy step.

Just imagine the screen of the desert scrubs I posted a page before with a protagonist spreading it all along a generic fantasy setting. You can't initiate conversation with anything at the start of the game and just do what you, think of doing automatically what an undead does in generic D&D but with a lot of branching etc. :)

Also, important. What Remains is not dead.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  17. Make America Great Again The Brazilian Slaughtergender: ⚧ Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    Parrots:
    If you need some help and more of my insane ideas, just ask. BTW, can you send me a copy of that stuff I sent you? I want to guard some of these ideas for some writting ideas I have.

Just curious: Did Cvet ever estabilish if the FOnline engine can be used for commercial games and for what terms? (say, Cvet getting some monies, he did make it and whatnot)

Also, I really wish Fallout 2 Total Conversions like Fallout 1.5, Fallout of Nevada and Mutants Rising switched to the FOnline engine instead, much more versatile and no need to work with the Fallout engine anymore, which is totally ass, even if Timeslip showing up made things better.

Surf, does the FOnline engine supports destructible enviroments?

^ Top  
  18. Surf Solargender: ⚧ cannot into womynz

Surf Solar
    Parrots:
    Incoming copypasta from the codexian "what game are you working on" thread":

I have been working on the maritime areas in my game lately. I initally wanted to have some "suburban/michigan civilian look" but it is very hard to pull off. So I went for a more "Waterworld-ian" look and feel, felt this is more appropriate.

Here is a picture of one work in progress "waterworld" area, and the music I made for it

[​IMG]

And here is the music I thought for it: http://www2.zshares.net/056xebfmm4qg

Does it fit?

In other news, I have been working on the "Ghoul" adventure too and will soon release first screenshots. Since I don't need to worry about RPG systems there, I can quickly assemble it. Creating variables and scripts is ok to me in the FOnline engine, so this one should be fast!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Jaesungender: ⚧ Fabulous Moderator Patron

Jaesun
    Parrots:
    Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    Surf Solar could you just post this on Soundcloud? Or maybe do a WIP What Remains music account there? I just hate D/L crap from those downloading sites.

I really liked that song though <3.

^ Top  
  20. Make America Great Again Ninjerkgender: ⚧ Arcane

Ninjerk
    Parrots:
    Yeah, I would have preferred SoundCloud. Those sites always look shady and creep me out.

^ Top  
  21. shihonagegender: ⚧ You see: shelter. Patron

shihonage
    Parrots:
    Bubbles In Memoria
    Sir there are charges for purified Uranium on your credit card. Would you like to dispute?

^ Top  
  22. Make America Great Again Ninjerkgender: ⚧ Arcane

Ninjerk
    Parrots:
    :retarded: I'd like my uranium!

^ Top  
  23. Surf Solargender: ⚧ cannot into womynz

Surf Solar
    Parrots:
    Ok, next time I'll be using soundcloud! :)

Yesterday we've been looking into some minor stuff, it is now possible that the PC and other characters can leave footsteps in the sand, snow etc. I love small details like that :)

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. tulusegender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

tuluse
    Parrots:
    Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    The song seems more suited to a church or like a magical site than a run down shack by the river.

^ Top  
  25. Surf Solargender: ⚧ cannot into womynz

Surf Solar
    Parrots:
    Some nongame related scene I did

[​IMG]

I found a way to do those nifty reflections on the ground and also a workaround to create interiors much faster. Really feeling to put a lot of time and work again into it!

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)