Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ WoW Rebirth: a vanilla private server

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Oh and Wilian you never answered questions about the fake lawsuit.

Can you at least admit you were wrong about the whole lawsuit? FFS, we all know it's a BS statement by now. Ignoring it just makes you look incompetent.

Alright. After seeing how things goes and holding no loyalty anymore, I hope this will work as end of all matter. The Rebirth was not faced by one lawsuit, we were hit by many ever since 2011. One of them cost Freaky his job at Microsoft as he was using their server to host the Rebirth at the time, as far as I know, after which he went for hiding from the perspective of team (And this is when I joined up as GM)

We switched to Canada. It didn't help. I can always say lawsuit this, lawsuit that, you don't have to believe, we switched to Russia, tried TOR

Ultimately we ended with the host we have now, under my name, so for the moment, I'm the supposed owner of server, something I did not want, nor did expect when I joined in 2011.

I have personally seen take down notes by Blizzard, as have some of our members during the period when our website was taken down with claimant of "This website is using copyrighted material", hell I've been personally been talks with them.

Regardless. Rebirth goes on, I don't like the current team but eh..

Mustawd

I was mostly referring to the claim that you were sued and it was beat/dismissed successfully in court. But thanks for the info.

How's the daily population?

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
I was mostly referring to the claim that you were sued and it was beat/dismissed successfully in court. But thanks for the info.

How's the daily population?

Anemic. Peaks up to playable at times if you want actual MMO experience.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Wilian , all good things come to an end. You are now free from your shilling duties. Thank you for your service!

:hero::hero::hero:

It had never anything to do with shilling though. There were objective reasons to be distrustful of Rebirth and I never denied those. However it still remained, despite hiccups and still remains for the moment until closure the most accurately scripted vanilla realm out there. I can only hope that the vanilla community as a whole will take advantage of the 6 years of fixes from which many still cannot replicate to better the experience overall.

All in all, I'm not too bothered by it's ending beyond sentimentality as the server took wrong direction some time back and I decided to retreat from management by those disagreements.

Don Peste

Arcane
So how are private servers these days?
Since we already have Classic, are there any decent TBC servers at all?

SerratedBiz

Arcane
Check out Karazhan by the Atlantiss peeps. It was opened a couple of months ago, it's x2 and the scripting seems to be on point.

Don Peste

Arcane
Turtle WoW, Warmane, Everlook WoW, ChromieCraft... Anybody tried any of these? It seems private servers have improved quite a lot in the last few years.

Turtle WoW just opened a new PvP server, and they have two custom classes (Alliance High Elves and Horde Goblins), with new quests and all, and other custom stuff, so I might give it a go.

Naraya

Arcane
Turtle WoW, Warmane, Everlook WoW, ChromieCraft... Anybody tried any of these? It seems private servers have improved quite a lot in the last few years.

Turtle WoW just opened a new PvP server, and they have two custom classes (Alliance High Elves and Horde Goblins), with new quests and all, and other custom stuff, so I might give it a go.
I'm playing Turtle WoW on and off for over 2 years now and it is the best you can get for Vanilla+. I don't necessarily like the showrunners (there are reports of their shadiness, DDOSing other pservers to stifle competition etc.) but I do not donate anything to this server so that helps my conscience a bit.

You can even slap a HD patch that spices up the graphics and replaces default models with Cataclysm ones, if that's your thing.

Around a week ago another new server released, called Sanctuary. After a bit of a rocky start, it stabilised and is another option if you are looking for a pure Vanilla (not +) experience.

Last edited:

Gandalf

Arbiter
Turtle WoW
I've played Turtle WoW last year for a day to just relive my Tauren Druid starting zone experience. It was as I remembered from official servers. There was other players playing there and we've even helped each other in the cave. It was a very cool nostalgia trip. Would play more, but to be honest Mulgore was what I needed the most, so I quit.

KazikluBey

Cipher
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

I play on Warmane's Lordaeron. 1x rates, no item cash shop (you can only pay for race/faction change), no queues. WotLK raid scripting is very good, classes and abilities are very close to old retail (much closer than Classic nu-Wotlk), but you may run into one or two broken quests while leveling, if they're of the heavily scripted kind.

Warmane's Icecrown: Same as above, except 7x experience rates, 3x other things, item cash shop and queues during European and American peak times mean you pretty much have to donate $10 since that allows you to skip the queues. I think it's the most popular pserver.

Warmane is just about to launch a new server on the 18th of November, Onyxia, that will progress from vanilla through WotLK.

There's an HD client for Warmane as well.

Haven't tried any other currently running pservers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom