Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ WoW Rebirth: a vanilla private server

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Funny how that never happened to Nost. Seems that OVH was better than whatever ISP Kronos/Twinstars is using.

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Well its up now. The scariest about gold sellers are that people will buy gold on private servers that can disappear tomorrow.

Last edited:

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Eh, I suspect that even if Blizzard does give in and release legacy servers, they'll find a way to fuck it up.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
With the demise of Nostalrius and ddosing of Kronos there is now a queue on Rebirth. Wilian must be masturbating furiously :lol:

Ninjerk

Arcane
No longer Stillbirth, until the Chinese gold farmers arrive and ruin everything :lol:

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
I miss City of Heroes.

I tried playing Marvel's isometric MMO, but its minimal screen resolution is above 1024x768. I can't use anything above 1024x768 for reasons too long to explain.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I miss City of Heroes.

I tried playing Marvel's isometric MMO, but its minimal screen resolution is above 1024x768. I can't use anything above 1024x768 for reasons too long to explain.
I'm sure you'll be satisfied with Champions Online.

Haha, no.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
With the demise of Nostalrius and ddosing of Kronos there is now a queue on Rebirth. Wilian must be masturbating furiously :lol:

We had fairly healthy population around the clock counting in 3-4k active accounts within 48h, peaking around 1300 during prime which is more than enough (and well above original Blizzard server Medium marker) prior Kronos issues.

This was more like sugaring on top but yeah, I am masturbating furiously.

No longer Stillbirth, until the Chinese gold farmers arrive and ruin everything :lol:

Since Rebirth has been DDoS'd fairly many times in the past, averaging 2 per year from 2011 to 2013, we've become quite good at handling those. There were some attempts after Nost fell but outside of couple peaks it was mitigated pretty well.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
My insider sources just told me that Kronos might be going belly-up for good but there's lot of uncertainty.

3rd time is the charm I guess. :p

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
My insider sources just told me that Kronos might be going belly-up for good but there's lot of uncertainty.

3rd time is the charm I guess. :p

You do realize that when Kronos gets nuked, you're next, right?

We'll see, looking at how fast and efficient team has gotten on moving server after the recent upgrade it seems like Rebirth's scramble and find another host tactic has gotten fairly good guarantee.

In any case, I wouldn't mind Kronos up. Rebirth was doing well enough with constant flood of new players even without their issues and now we have a troll-issue. I guess the best thing out of it is that servers have been now stress tested pretty well.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Um... nothing is happening. All you're seeing here is a bunch of wishful folks trying to trump up their self-importance about their upcoming 'discussions' with Blizzard (which probably won't amount to anything). Them getting an invitation to Blizzard is merely a PR stunt. Blizzard will say 'thanks for the feedback, don't call us, we'll call you.'

So, really, before people start buying into their hyperbole let's see something ACTUALLY happen like... I dunno Blizzard announcing legacy servers.

This is a best case scenario..

Remember when Steam invited the German Hacker who stole source code from them for a cushy "security expert job" ?
The FBI arrested him at the airport..

Yess.. Come visit us in America little frog pirates.. we wanna ~discuss~ something with you.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
Remember when Steam invited the German Hacker who stole source code from them for a cushy "security expert job" ?
The FBI arrested him at the airport..

Yess.. Come visit us in America little frog pirates.. we wanna ~discuss~ something with you.

This IS actually the best case scenario. A PR suicide of the century.

Clearly Rebirth team is made out of uncorruptible angels :p

Clearly they're too busy being uncorruptible to fix many glaring bugs even after 3+ year run. Pets are all kinds of fucked, many class mechanics are not working properly at all, aggro range is still retarded, nodes sunken under terrain, raids scripted through ass.

Last edited:

Ninjerk

Arcane

More like... Stillbirth.
giphy.gif

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Well, Kronos 1 has been down a while, which is shit. I guess all of the servers are shit. Feenix is dead, right?

Guess it's time to go back on Rebirth, now that is claims 2k people on server.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom