Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wow Links LS is still sold and maintained

Repressed Homosexual
http://www.linkscountryclub.com/

I didn't even know it was still supported. Not only that, but it's formidably supported! With approval from the rights holders (either Take-Two or Chris Jones' Trugolf company) they've taken the very last PC version of Links (Links 2003), upgraded it, and even arranged it so it could work on the very latest computers. Only 6.99$ for the base game. They also sell a TON of optional courses for it, and there are many free ones on the Internet. There's also a converter that can be used if you have an older version of Links.

I tried the demo on my computer with a 2560x1440 monitor and it looks great, I was shocked.

wide4.jpg

At last, I have been looking for a way to play Links again for YEARS. :cool:

After Links started to fade into gradual marginality, Access took their expertise and started the spinoff Trugolf, in order to re-use it in indoors virtual golf simulators. Today the company is very successful and accounts for most such simulators sold around the world.

Repressed Homosexual
Hard to organize, expensive for repeated play, and I don't have the means or the time to go to prestigious places like St. Andrews.

After years of playing Hot Shots Golf and a bit of Tiger Woods, I had forgotten how unforgiving Links was. You have to be pretty careful else you're going to end up in a very hard situation.

There's an option for classic swing (3 clicks), as well as mouse swing.

Repressed Homosexual
Still so good, I always start a game. Bought all the 47 extra courses, nothing is as relaxing and monocle as this. The golfing engine is a million times more satisfying and better tuned than anything Tiger Woods and Hot Shots Golf. It really brings a tear to my eye, I remember the advertisements for the new Links LS game in PC Gamer, among with all the features for the actually intelligent, original and varied games that were made constantly.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/161/161548p1.html

It's funny that at some point Access tried to sell out in the past with "Links Extreme". Anyone remembers that abomination?

616293boxart_160w.jpg

linksextreme001-112540_640w.jpg

extremegolf004-105559_640w.jpg

circ

Arcane
Not that it doesn't require some similar skills of co-ordination and knowing what club to use in what terrain, but really, comparing real golf to computer golf? What's next, comparing computer track and field to the real thing?

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
How many ex-fathers have you had? Your mother is Liz Taylor?
One. A serial father type. 11 children with 6 different women.

Oh.
I meant "one of my ex-father" as in "the arguing style of my ex-father."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom