Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Wow, did I contribute to the decline this week...

Ebonsword

Arcane
First I bought a PS4. :)

And now I'm playing Sword Coast Legends on it. :cool:

Seriously, though, does this game completely go off the rails half-way through, or something? Because I'm about 10 hours in so far, and it's pretty enjoyable. I'm certainly liking it better than Divinity: Original Sin, which is shocking because I would almost always pick a turn-based game over a RTWP game.

Now, I'm not saying it's setting a new standard for RPGs, or anything, but I don't really understand why it failed so badly when unremarkable games like Skyrim can sell millions of copies.

Severian Silk

I was playing Candy Crush Saga too and I don't get why it gets all the hate. Like you said, it's better than Skyrim.

Self-Ejected

Barnabas

Self-Ejected
Patron
Shitposter
I agree with OP SCL is a solid lite hearted stroll about Faerun. I had a better time with scl than I did with dai. It's a pretty game that has diverse landscapes and immersive atmosphere. There's some good humor in it too. Scl didn't get a lot of press outside of rpg circles so it didn't catch on with the masses most PS4 owners prolly know nothing about it.

My only complaint is that it does feel like you spend a little too much time in the sewers. Brace yourself as there are a few difficulty spikes.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom