Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Would you trust an eastern european...

Exmit

Scholar
buy a pre-paid for 10 euros, use it once , don't worry about card ever again.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Would you trust an eastern european...
No

On a more serious note I think 1C is doing pretty well but I'm not sure. Perhaps some fellow Russian will tell.

Kraszu

Prophet
Darth Roxor said:
Why would anyone want to play, much less buy, King's Bounty?

Because it is a decent game? In before HoMM were you spend 70% of the time grinding your victory is like KB but better because of castle aspect. HoMM is also decent game but with its own flaws that KB don't share, and its own strategy game play advantage over KB.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I found KB to be tedious, boring, repetitive and completely devoid of difficulty. Gave up somewhere around or after Freedom Isles because repeating the same formula of 'fight -> lose a couple of units -> get back to one of those buildings that have 4976549875 said units in stock -> get reinforcements -> go back to step one' ad nauseum was not exactly 'fun' to me.

Kraszu

Prophet
Darth Roxor said:
I found KB to be tedious, boring, repetitive and completely devoid of difficulty. Gave up somewhere around or after Freedom Isles because repeating the same formula of 'fight -> lose a couple of units -> get back to one of those buildings that have 4976549875 said units in stock -> get reinforcements -> go back to step one' ad nauseum was not exactly 'fun' to me.

On what difficulty did you play? This game only make sense when the difficulty is big enough to make you fight with lowest losses possible, otherwise the mercenary mechanics gets broken.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
First tried normal, then changed to hard. Didn't see an awful lot of difference.

Kraszu

Prophet
I play on impossible but I am at the beginning, from what I could read impossible difficulty was advised to not drown in gold.

Yeah having to go back to buy reinforcement seem rather pointless when the cleaned roads stay safe, and you are not time limited. I was hoping that they would add some not static element to KB, to make it more like SR2 but where you are a mercenary but they are making a fucking mmo now :x

btw. Armoured Princess is supposed to be harder.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
I played only Armoured Princess and finished it, and I thought it was very much inferior to HoMM2/3/5. Combat is very good, but everything else is dumbed down popamole. It also suffers from critical mass syndrome - about 3-4 islands in, I got such an army composition that I could consistently win fights labelled as Impossible.

Also, it's has no skirmish/multiplayer, unlike HoMM.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Ruprekt said:
No idea, I've not played it.

It was my imprssion the codex :love:

Take HoMM3. Now cut out the whole strategic layer out of it. Add FedEx quests and constant combat encounters - and nothing but FedEx with constant combat encounters. Now you have your KB:L.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
50b9592ad7e85355_wild.jpg

Saturday Night Live references aside, 10 Euros isn't even a good price for Crossworlds. Steam was selling the entire package for $8.75 under a month ago. Their big Holiday sale starts tomorrow, chances are it'll be a similar price for all three games bundled again.

DakaSha

Arcane
Norfleet said:
Ruprekt said:
website with your CC info?
I don't trust *ANY* website with any real life info. Never cross the streams.

Never had a problem anywhere. Poker sites and all. Everything has always worked perfectly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom