Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Would you like to play a game? Megamek smackdown signups here

Unwanted

Jaklon

Unwanted
Shitposter
SP90tvV.jpg

Since sometimes these move pretty slow I'd like to get a couple alternates if anyone is interested, and institute a time limit.

So if someone takes more than 3 days to come up with their orders then I will let an alternate choose orders for their mech (or do whatever seems reasonable myself). If it continues on too long for any one person when they don't give their orders and don't participate in the thread I'll make it permanent.

I was considering a 5 on 4 arrangement where one group has generally lighter mechs but more of them (and slightly less total buy value), if we get enough people. Otherwise it will be a standard 4x4 or 3x3 on this map. One group will start in NE corner and the other in the little island to the south.

That is unless someone has ideas for a better map.

Only standard IS mechs will be used, for the sake of simplicity. If you want to suggest mechs then go ahead and do so, I will try to work reasonable requests into the mix - but the most important thing is to have some balance between the teams and enough difference in them to make them an interesting matchup.

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Yay, Mechstomping time, sign me up! Id like to pilot an ER PPC variant Black Knight!

Unwanted

Jaklon

Unwanted
Shitposter
Only original low tech mechs and gears and not too much heavy stuff. I might allow a grasshopper or cyclops on the heavier team, or a marauder or warhammer maybe even more than one, but not any truly heavy hitter.

And no guarantees on getting it. I just wanted to hear what people liked to guage what was popular. Since it's been several days and just one response, maybe I will just select a 3x3 setup myself.

But at least it's finally moving.

1. Rashiakas (I'll try to give him a good heavy hitter)

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Well the standard BL-6-KNT from 2578 would do as well, but Marauder is also okay. If you want more light-medium mechs, I gladly pilot a HBK-4G Hunchback.

Unwanted

Jaklon

Unwanted
Shitposter
Too much firepower, it's a game ender. What about a grasshopper or cyclops?

Maybe I will do a 3x3 and give each side one heavier mech and two smaller ones.

If we don't get 4 more people I guess I could give each of you a squad if that sounds fun still.

If I don't get more signups by tomorrow I will make selections for 3x3, and post rules and so on. Then give a little more time.

Unwanted

Jaklon

Unwanted
Shitposter
Unit: Screaming Fist

Screaming Fist got its start at the periphery on the pirate worlds. Intensive pirate hunting led a few pirates - with JagreenLern as their leader - to legitimize themselves by becoming inner sphere mercenaries, a less profitable but much less risky undertaking. This is a seasoned group piloting some of the strongest and most versatile mechs in their respective classes. Firepower combined with mobility makes this team difficult to beat.

Marauder MAD-3R (JagreenLern)
iBHAaFT.jpg

IS Introductory Box Set
75 tons
BV: 1,363
Cost: 6,635,125 C-bills
Source: Star League

Movement: 4/6
Engine: 300
Heat Sinks: 16
Gyro: Standard Gyro

Internal: 114
Armor: 184/231

Internal
Armor

Head 3 9
Center Torso 23 35
Center Torso (rear)
Right Torso 16 17
Right Torso (rear)
Left Torso 16 17
Left Torso (rear)
Right Arm 12 22
Left Arm 12 22
Right Leg 16 18
Left Leg 16 18

Weapons Loc Heat
PPC LA 10
Medium Laser LA 3
PPC RA 10
Medium Laser RA 3
AC/5 RT 1

Ammo Loc Shots
AC/5 Ammo LT 20

A true terror on the battlefield, the Marauder sports twin PPCs and an autocannon as well as medium lasers for up close work. The secret of Lamellar Valiant armor may be lost but the Marauder is still one of the most formidable mechs in its class.

Phoenix Hawk PXH-1
3XvW9wR.jpg

IS Introductory Box Set
45 tons
BV: 1,041
Cost: 4,067,540 C-bills

Movement: 6/9/6
Engine: 270
Heat Sinks: 10

Internal: 75
Armor: 128/153

Internal
Armor

Head 3 6
Center Torso 14 23
Center Torso (rear)
Right Torso 11 18
Right Torso (rear)
Left Torso 11 18
Left Torso (rear)
Right Arm 7 10
Left Arm 7 10
Right Leg 11 15
Left Leg 11 15

Weapons Loc Heat
Medium Laser LA 3
Machine Gun LA 0
Large Laser RA 8
Medium Laser RA 3
Machine Gun RA 0

Ammo Loc Shots
Machine Gun Ammo CT 200

The Phoenix Hawk is a favorite all across the inner sphere, useful in a surprising variety of roles.

Hussar HSR-350-D
53SLUbz.jpg

IS Introductory Box Set
30 tons
BV: 731
Cost: 2,602,340 C-bills
Source: TRO 3039

Movement: 8/12
Engine: 240

Internal: 51
Armor: 40/105

Internal
Armor

Head 3 5
Center Torso 10 6
Center Torso (rear)
Right Torso 7 5
Right Torso (rear)
Left Torso 7 5
Left Torso (rear)
Right Arm 5 3
Left Arm 5 3
Right Leg 7 3
Left Leg 7 3

Weapons Loc Heat
Medium Laser LA 3
Medium Laser RA 3
Large Laser CT 8

Overview:
The Hussar was originally one of the most widely used light Mechs of the SLDF. It gained such popularity due to it's combination of heavy firepower and unmatched ground mobility, making it one of the most elusive mechs in the SLDF's arsenal to pin down despite it's lack of jump jets. The original role of supporting infantry units was quickly set aside once the Hussar proved that it was more than able to act as a highly mobile support unit. This lead to it being often partnered with the Thorn in many formations.

Capabilities:
The Hussar's ability to redirect to where support was needed and outrun any of it's contemporaries earned it an largely positive reputation. The lack of armor still left some pilots unsure of the design but despite this an early battle report from an incident on Wotan in 2630 saw the Hussar deployed in small numbers against superior enemy forces and able to achieve great success despite considerable loses.

Deployment:
While the Hussar's mobility allows it to be used in the role of scouting the lack of armor and ability to cause so much havoc behind enemy lines mean it is better suited as a raider.

Unwanted

Jaklon

Unwanted
Shitposter
Unit: Rashiakas's Raiders

The house of Rashiakas has a long and proud, if relatively modest, history. Fallen on hard times for nearly a century, the family's ancestral Stalker has seen them through many a battle. In recent times Rashiakas has managed to pay down the family debt enough to buy two more mechs and form his own mercenary lance. With strong long range and medium range firepower the only weakness is a decided lack of mobility for the assault mech that can prove problematic.

Stalker STK-3F (Rashiakas)
m2jNAQS.jpg

IS Introductory Box Set
85 tons
BV: 1,559
Cost: 7,463,825 C-bills

Movement: 3/5
Engine: 255
Heat Sinks: 20

Internal: 130
Armor: 216/263

Internal
Armor

Head 3 9
Center Torso 27 36
Center Torso (rear)
Right Torso 18 25
Right Torso (rear)
Left Torso 18 25
Left Torso (rear)
Right Arm 14 23
Left Arm 14 23
Right Leg 18 25
Left Leg 18 25

Weapons Loc Heat
LRM 10 LA 4
Medium Laser LA 3
Medium Laser LA 3
LRM 10 RA 4
Medium Laser RA 3
Medium Laser RA 3
Large Laser LT 8
SRM 6 LT 4
Large Laser RT 8
SRM 6 RT 4

Ammo Loc Shots
LRM 10 Ammo LA 12
LRM 10 Ammo RA 12
SRM 6 Ammo LT 15
SRM 6 Ammo RT 15

Mongoose MON-67
7UOoORc.png

IS Introductory Box Set
25 tons
BV: 741
Cost: 1,885,729 C-bills
Source: TRO 3039

Movement: 8/12
Engine: 200

Internal: 43
Armor: 88/89

Internal
Armor

Head 3 9
Center Torso 8 12
Center Torso (rear)
Right Torso 6 10
Right Torso (rear)
Left Torso 6 10
Left Torso (rear)
Right Arm 4 8
Left Arm 4 8
Right Leg 6 12
Left Leg 6 12

Weapons Loc Heat
Medium Laser LA 3
Medium Laser RA 3
Medium Laser CT 3
Small Laser HD 1

Overview:
2660 was a bad year for anyone who relied on stealth and trying to hide their units in ambush as that is the year the Mongoose made it's debut into the Star League Defense Force rosters. Enhanced sensors gave the Mongoose an unmatched ability to sniff out these units.

Capabilities:
As an intended replacement for the Locust the Mongoose compared well to the older design.

Deployment:
As with other Star League designs the Mongoose was a rarity outside the SLDF and the ravages of the Succession Wars did not help.

Panther PNT-9R
svB7Wva.jpg

IS Introductory Box Set
35 tons
BV: 769
Cost: 2,485,710 C-bills

Movement: 4/6/4
Engine: 140
Heat Sinks: 13

Internal: 58
Armor: 104/119

Internal
Armor

Head 3 9
Center Torso 11 14
Center Torso (rear)
Right Torso 8 10
Right Torso (rear)
Left Torso 8 10
Left Torso (rear)
Right Arm 6 10
Left Arm 6 10
Right Leg 8 12
Left Leg 8 12

Weapons Loc Heat
PPC RA 10
SRM 4 CT 3

Ammo Loc Shots
SRM 4 Ammo LT 25

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom