Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Worthwhile WW2 games

Gimme some. They must be at least playable. Both tactical Panzer Corps/Generals and RTS/hybrid such as Operation Star are welcome.

No Company of Heroes shit.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Also forgot to say. Give comchi in HOI2 armageddon some materials from surrounding countries, and play as comchi, it's great fun.

Jugashvili

管官的官
Patron
Codex 2013
I wish someone would make a Men of War game with an actual morale/psychological model, realistic squad compositions, allowing troops to take the initiative (in a non-suicidal way) and no derpy hitpoint mechanics.

Oh wait, that's Close Combat.

Soldiers: Heroes of World War II?

Edit: I'll add a vote to Codename: panzers, though I got bored in both games before finishing all the available campaigns. Also, iirc, all units that are not tanks become fairly useless fairly fast in those games. Appropriately enough, I guess.

Last edited:

Chef_Hathaway

King of the Juice
Patron
White Knight
Divinity: Original Sin BattleTech
Sudden Strike 1/2 was awesome, though I think Blitzkrieg 1 did everything but planes better.

Stealing tanks in #2 was really fun though, as was taking airstrips and the planes on them.

Also as a side note, Blitzkrieg 1 is a pretty fun WW2 game.

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
Dumbfuck
Yeah it always felt like one of the more tactical RTS I played; weaken a point in a defense, watch as your men swarm through the trenches/barbwire commander cannons etc was really cool. Ambush a convoy exploding halftracks and the people in them, mowing down survivors. Animations/sounds are nice too. Dosnt get much mention.

DemonKing

Arcane
No Company of Heroes shit.
OK - I'll leave out Tales of Valor then - but otherwise you pretty much can't go wrong with Company of Heroes!

If you really, for some strange reason, don't like CoH then Close Combat or Commandos are worth trying I guess.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom