Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Whorecraft: Battle for Asseroth

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Dunno if this was introduced in a previous expac, but I keep getting WQs for my gathering professions. Nothing like mining a single node and rewarded 25 pieces of Monelite ore, all which go for 75g a piece on my server.

Edit: Found an ilvl 355 BoE epic one handed mace. Wonder how much this baby will go for on the AH. The damage on this monster is yuge.

Last edited:

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I am enjoying the zone music, Drustvar in particular after the 1 minute mark.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Sold the BoE epic and bought a Token with the gold. Still have more to buy another one. Might buy it since the token price is lower than I've seen it (210k).

Generic-Giant-Spider

BfA is pretty shit so far.

The expeditions are extremely boring and more of this gay, "race race race" thing that has all the Twitchy kids enamored.

The leveling zones, while pretty to look at (by WoW standards) have some of the most boring fucking leveling experiences ever. Why is it we have an expansion heavily advertised as an all out war between Alliance vs. Horde but they keep making you deal with a bunch of bullshit you don't really care about. It reminds me of Legion actually, some "big demonic invasion" but hold that thought because I gotta go save some baby Taurens and help some elf ghost not be seen as a jackass by his dead and irrelevant people. I guess if you want any sort of engaging fun you're going to be waiting until 8.2.5 or something.

Azerite gear is awful and barely feels like it's there. If there was one thing Legion did well it was the whole artifact weapon thing which made you feel compelled to keep playing and see how the full thing would look by the end of it being completely leveled up. Azerite gear by comparison is hampered by a bunch of boring filth all lazily slopped on because Blizzard can't give enough of a shit to make tier sets anymore. I'm also amazed they managed to make the Heart of Azeroth a grind that will likely appeal to self-employed clubfoots and cyst spawning fat kids. The real kicker is that leveling it up is barely exciting, you get a very minimal stat increase and maybe you're able to unlock a trait for your Azerite gear that makes you choose between a shitty damage shield or moving 2% faster. By golly, the options.

Classes still feel disjointed and improper since they were obviously made with artifacts in mind, at least a lot of the big reworks they did for specs in Legion were. No new 120 talents makes the 110-120 grind feel like your character has gotten worse as time goes on since you can't use legendary items or you outlevel your old tier sets and now you're stuck with some empty shell of a class that has a boring passive effect or three attached to them that's supposed to make up for feeling like a useless sack of trash. I don't even know why I leveled to 120, there's nothing to look forward to.

And that's the big problem with BfA, there's nothing new here. It's an expansion that exists purely because two years went by and they need a new one. I would have preferred it if they added on to Legion for another year or so and given a real follow-up than this rushed hackjob that feels so incomplete.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Heh, went to Suramar at 114 to do quests for Nightborne unlock - the mobs die easily and give 2 xp, but the quests seem to give out BFA level xp (around 18k). Might as well work on my Legion loremaster stuff for a while.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Thanks to the wonky scaling in PvP I'm able to easily camp level 120 players as a level 112 Shaman. My gear scales better because I'm still sitting in Legion leggos and epics while they have greens and blues. Massive lol.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
qe96xv2pbng11.jpg

Generic-Giant-Spider

Tales from the WoW Forums:

Real female, and back in the day, no one ever believed me.
Here I go saying something you wouldn't expect.
Can we please have some sexy clothes again?
Yes, I'm aware there are females who don't want to be ogled, even in a fantasy MMORPG. I'm also aware that one person's sexy is someone else's ugh.
There's a transmog system now, and it's not hard to dress in a bland brown robe that covers you from neck to ankles.
Same transmog system lets me wear glorious plate (and I do). That was vanilla. DH got a semi-scandalous outfit in Legion. My druid has a midriff baring (gasp) number. Tiny bits of cute here and there.
The character model revamp ruined most of my favorite outfits. I'm a plunging neckline kind of girl.
I haven't seen anything really interesting for cloth since BC.

Yeah, frivolous. I know. I can't be 100% serious all the time.

So how about a little new fashion? We're all wearing different colors of the same dress from AQ - which, btw, they haven't really made any pants you can wear to complement.
If you think I'm crazy, go to any major city and count how many clothy females are running around in vestments of the shifting sands, robes of insight, robes of the guardian spirit, etc.
Old, old, old stuff.

This playerbase should be catapulted into the sun.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
This was bound to happen once transmog was released, which I was vehemently against because it turns the game into a clown fest more colorful than a Pride Parade. Of course people will play dress-up and reveal as much flesh as possible on their female toons, of course XxLegölasxX will have the biggest shoulders and weapons ever devised. If I were an item designer at Blizz, I would've cried myself to sleep the day transmog was released.

Generic-Giant-Spider

This was bound to happen once transmog was released, which I was vehemently against because it turns the game into a clown fest more colorful than a Pride Parade. Of course people will play dress-up and reveal as much flesh as possible on their female toons, of course XxLegölasxX will have the biggest shoulders and weapons ever devised. If I were an item designer at Blizz, I would've cried myself to sleep the day transmog was released.

Transmog is for people that want to play The Sims but can't find their jewel case with the CD-Key.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
I started dungeon and island expedition spam with my Disc priest. So far, I am enjoying the dungeons, even on normal. The trash packs all appear to have special buffs, debuffs, or abilities that will be fun/tough to deal with on heroic and mythic. For example, the Abyssal Cultists on the bridge just before Lord Stormsong summon these tentacles that murder so many people. Also, Tol'dagor has so many instances where offensive dispel in necessary, whether that be absorption shields or 50% haste buffs. On the top level, there is this mob, Ashvane Officer, that can consistently silence a healer for 5 seconds if not interrupted or stunned.

It all makes for a fun time, especially when the group under-performs. In one of my Freehold runs, this fresh 120 Demon Hunter tank would just jump in and pull 2-3 packs at once. Later on, he pulled a pack or two in addition to the Council fight. The tank would not listen at all, and the one person that spoke up about the pulls got kicked just before the final boss, with the reason for kick being "bitch ass." Why the group voted yes is beyond me. I was spamming CDs to keep the tank alive, but it made the run interesting to say the least.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
I have not run into Motherlode yet, but it is only a matter of time. I have heard it is trash heavy, but I found those comments strange. Just how trash pack heavy are we talking? I was under the impression that some could be skipped.

Edit: I just looked on wowhead. Jesus, that is a lot of trash packs.
Edit 2: God damn, the list of trash mobs keeps going on and on.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom