Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire and Mage interactive fictions

Thanks for taking the bullet for all of us. :bro:
popcorn.gif
No problem, at least I got it for Russian price, but still I feel ripped-off. Just one example - look at the one of the main villian's dialogue examples:
kAXIB84.jpg

0wm8eeU.jpg

uM4B0JY.jpg

kMqmVKI.jpg
And this is either a revenant (or at least a special ghoul) turned Kindred. At he's not a shovelhead Sabbath, he's Camarilla, and high-ranked too, also 200 years old.

Oh, and a fun game for those familiar with the setting - guess his clan.

Last edited:
Who'd have thought...
:philosoraptor:
V_K I officially admit that you were right and I was in the wrong.
These people, these fuckers who written this shit, are not only are more annoying than SJWs, they are SJWs, just a different breed. Our anarchists and trout-leftists, hell, even conceptual and performance artists are often p. shitty people, but not like this.

Last edited:

Jason Liang

Arcane
I don't mind this direction if they're going to try to make a full sequel to Bloodlines.

UPDATE: I mean it could be worse.

Last edited:

Hmm. Camarilla revenant. Brujah? Maybe Ventrue.
Nope! Guess again. :P
I guess Malkavian BECAUSE HE IS SO WACKY TOBACKY!
Nope! Wrong again!
Also they *all* talk like that in that """game""". I'm not even exaggerating, all the characters sound like 20-something SoCal college dropout being all edgy and trying to portray a psychopath without understanding the condition.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath

Nope! Wrong again!
Also they *all* talk like that in that """game""". I'm not even exaggerating, all the characters sound like 20-something SoCal college dropout being all edgy and trying to portray a psychopath without understanding the condition.
Ooookay. The Malkavian was the only "reasonable" I had for such speech pattern (not counting 200 year old fact). Shit... I don't know... Let's go for the oddball here. Tremere? Gangrel? Nosferatu?

Nope! Wrong again!
Ooookay. The Malkavian was the only "reasonable" I had for such speech pattern (not counting 200 year old fact). Shit... I don't know... Let's go for the oddball here. Tremere? Gangrel? Nosferatu?
Bingo! It's taking place in Tremere Chantry, and that Marco is a 200 year old revenant/ghoul (I don't think the writers knew mechanics) turned vampire is a fucking TREMERE. Oh, and character's mother, she of pain slut fame, is a Tremere too.

It is WW returning to its early 90s edgebro traditions, though, so no harm done.
edgy.png
rozsa.gif
Still, even in their edgy first years, I don't quite remember the setting being chock-full of trannies and Californians. Although some of the adventures, especially involving the earlier version of Sabbath, were p. retarded, and overall setting back than was often tryhardian as fuck.

Jason Liang

Arcane
It is WW returning to its early 90s edgebro traditions, though, so no harm done.
edgy.png
rozsa.gif
Still, even in their edgy first years, I don't quite remember the setting being chock-full of trannies and Californians. Although some of the adventures, especially involving the earlier version of Sabbath, were p. retarded, and overall setting back than was often tryhardian as fuck.

sascha_vykos_by_frankjacobo-d98ws2j.jpg

tzimisce___sacha_vykos_2_by_netherlandsbynight.jpg

250px-Tzimisce.png

There's a whole tranny clan with their own unique tranny discipline... just saying.

edgy.png
rozsa.gif

sascha_vykos_by_frankjacobo-d98ws2j.jpg

tzimisce___sacha_vykos_2_by_netherlandsbynight.jpg

250px-Tzimisce.png

There's a whole tranny clan with their own unique tranny discipline... just saying.
Dude, Sasсha Vykos cut off his dick and refered to himself as it, not xe, zhe or some shit like that. Also nowhere in their clanbook there was written that Tzimisce were trannies, what are you smoking, ffs. Path of Metamorphosis has in its goal a transcendence, of both mortal left-over shit like morals and so on, and Cainite bits. And to become something greater, and not just a mockery of a mortal woman. Alter your body in every possible way to find a way to fundamentally alter the soul doesn't mean "CUT OFF YOUR DICK AND MAKE A VAGINA WITH VICISSITUDE DURR".

Last edited:

Melan

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! I helped put crap in Monomyth
1st and 2nd edition Vampire were full of 90s era progressive politics and contemporary gender issues. It's right there in the art. Trans*.* was not on the agenda, but rampant gender ambiguity and LGB stuff? That was a key part of the draw. 200-years-old vampires talking like edgy teens in black clothing and torn fishnets, smelling of nicotine and clove cigarettes? Also completely V:tM. Then there was Werewoof, the "I am an angry grunge fan with confused eco-politics and straight outta soap" game. I suppose Mage was for the grad students, Wraith - in St. Rein*Hagen's own words - "for burned-out nihilists", and Changeling... probably pedophiles, never seen anyone play it. But all of these games were for fashionable, edgy lefties, and boy, did WW pander to them as hard as they could.

(Of course, I never played it, we ran a clean, wholesome AD&D table and didn't mingle. :obviously:)

1st and 2nd edition Vampire were full of 90s era progressive politics and contemporary gender issues. It's right there in the art. Trans*.* was not on the agenda, but rampant gender ambiguity and LGB stuff? That was a key part of the draw. 200-years-old vampires talking like edgy teens in black clothing and torn fishnets, smelling of nicotine and clove cigarettes? Also completely V:tM. Then there was Werewoof, the "I am an angry grunge fan with confused eco-politics and straight outta soap" game. I suppose Mage was for the grad students, Wraith - in St. Rein*Hagen's own words - "for burned-out nihilists", and Changeling... probably pedophiles, never seen anyone play it. But all of these games were for fashionable, edgy lefties, and boy, did WW pander to them as hard as they could.

(Of course, I never played it, we ran a clean, wholesome AD&D table and didn't mingle. :obviously:)
Changeling was for mentally challenged people, gays, pedophiles, and psychopaths.
Dunno, we were somewhat backwater in the aspect of tabletop RPGs, so when it finally got to Russia, we had played using pirated pdf of Revised edition. I got to oWoD from 2nd ed ADnD, and while oWoD RevEd sure as hell still was a freak magnet, but overall we had both bad and good players, not all of them goths or grunge fans or whatever. Except for Changeling fans for some reason, I blame Tolkienists.

Melan

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! I helped put crap in Monomyth
The composition of fans changed a lot with revised, or people just grew up. 1st and 2nd ed, though - oh man. I remember going to the university RPG club in Autumn 2000 with my brand new D&D 3.0 rulebooks. Some razor-thin, black-clad freak we never even knew walked straight up to our table out of nowhere, looked at us with an expression full of contempt, declared "This game has no future", then turned around and left without a further word. :lol: And that was years after VtM's heyday.

I have heard the Russian Tolkienists were batshit crazy, but don't know the details. Was it that bad?

The composition of fans changed a lot with revised, or people just grew up. 1st and 2nd ed, though - oh man. I remember going to the university RPG club in Autumn 2000 with my brand new D&D 3.0 rulebooks. Some razor-thin, black-clad freak we never even knew walked straight up to our table out of nowhere, looked at us with an expression full of contempt, declared "This game has no future", then turned around and left without a further word. :lol: And that was years after VtM's heyday.

I have heard the Russian Tolkienists were batshit crazy, but don't know the details. Was it that bad?
Our Tolkien LARPers roughly consisted of two distinct groups - those who wanted to fuck shit up and beat people with сomposite epoxy material swords, and those who thought themselves to be a True and Honest incarnations of Tolkien's elves, mostly Feanorings. Oh, and we had a very popular wangsty fanfic with Melcor as a main character. Characters from it were very popular too. The second group had some of the ugliest and most batshit female larpers ever, and an occasional gay male. They all were crazy, and their LARPing gear often consisted of headband and a curtain worn as a cloak. Hence the name - "zanovesochniki". Also "tolkienutye" and just "tolchki", the later also being a slang term for a toilet.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
So they said they had three mobile games planned, and these text things are first two. And don't tell me this is the third one:

White Wolf and World of Darkness: Berlin invite the world to compete!

unnamed-1.png

Will You Become the World Champion of Darkness?

White Wolf and the World of Darkness Berlin 2017 convention and games festival are proud to release a World of Darkness-themed quiz app for iOS and Android. You can download World of Darkness Quizima for free to compete against your friends in a World of Darkness- and thematically related trivia contest!

The addictive app is fun in itself, but it also provides the digital qualifying round for the convention’s “World Championships of Darkness” event. The World of Darkness: Berlin team and app makers Planeto will monitor the system’s backend to extract a definitive high score list of Digital Champions of Darkness. Anyone participating the game who is attending World of Darkness: Berlin is invited to compete in the live finals. During the month of April, participants who score high enough will be entered into a lottery for free admittance to the World of Darkness: Berlin convention.

“The events at World of Darkness: Berlin are all about having fun together and celebrating a shared love for White Wolf’s World of Darkness in all its forms, everything from tabletop rpgs, larps and card games to celebrating fan passion – regardless whether it’s Storytelling, art, game design, writing, costumes or lore and trivia. We’ve been looking for a way to include White Wolf fans who are unable to attend World of Darkness: Berlin, yet want to participate in the fun,” explains Participation | Design | Agency AB producer Johanna Koljonen.

“We’re very excited to partner with the top Swedish quiz company Planeto to make this happen and are thrilled that fans around the world will be able to qualify through the app for the Berlin trivia contest event in advance” said White Wolf CEO, Tobias Sjögren.

World of Darkness Quizima is an official White Wolf licensed product that exists thanks to the dedication and expertise of the fans that willed it into existence. The questions were written by an international team of volunteers: Fabio Garbo, Søren Hjorth, Minna Joki, Henrik Klippström, Federica Sustersic and Jere Tupala.

The production and editorial management was executed by Participation Design Agency, the producing team responsible for the World of Darkness: Berlin Convention and games festival.

World of Darkness Quizima is available worldwide.

App store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/world-of-darkness-quizima/id1212234930?mt=8
Play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.planeto.quizima.wod
White Wolf: white-wolf.com
World of Darkness – Berlin: www.worldofdarkness.berlin
Participatory Design Agency: www.participation.design
Planeto: planeto.com

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
:necro:

The upcoming V:TM cyoa/walking sim reminded me that this existed so I decided to check out the Steam page and https://store.steampowered.com/app/565410/World_of_Darkness_Preludes_Vampire_and_Mage/

Notice: At the request of the publisher, World of Darkness Preludes: Vampire and Mage is unlisted on the Steam store and will not appear in search.

The last review was in February this year. Were they so embarrassed by this that they quietly removed it just ahead of the Bloodlines 2 announcement? :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom