Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World Cup of Decline(25)

KoolNoodles

Arcane
ptx2f9F.jpg

LET'S PLAY THE BEAUTIFUL GAME!

Here is what I'm thinking, in celebration of the World Cup:

1) Disciples, teams of 2(or 3? Debating...)
2) Teams from players' same country/region/mix of castoffs(my sad country isn't even in the WC :cry:) if possible. It might not be, everyone's eastern european right? One Italian?
3) Wars can be started early, BUT, no nation can be eliminated or have their cap besieged in the first two years(Group stages). After that it's elimination time.
4)Disciple teams must have similar "style" or themed nations. You know, flashy Brazil, determined Germany, and godawful Saudi Arabia. That sorta thing.
5)More than one starting province, probably 2-3.

So a team of blessed sacreds. A team of decent recruit/mage nations, a team of awake Pretenders/Disciple, a team of garbage. It will work itself out, but try and make it FUN AND INTERESTING. I won't hold anyone's feet to the fire.

It would be cool if we had a referee nation, but alas.

Thrones = goals, so only 1 pointers.
Cataclysm = penalty shots. :lol:

I'd like a big wide open map, but haven't really looked. Just thought of this after a long day with the WC tomorrow. Could be fun! Any extra ideas welcome, but ideally we'd start it up in the next week or so.

Oh, and 90 minute turns, of course. :positive:

Preliminary map, Peham: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a0fmbkohyls2j8k/AAA2VKAqYcy87BWiiPs5cb0ma?dl=0

Preliminary Natgen mod: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1So-F6kcRYpA-A-eUFKtpz9GZx_Sx_dOh/view

Last edited:

Dayyālu

Arcane
Let us bury Decline24 thanks to Microsoft, then ;_;

(I deleted the Dec24 Thread, it was born under a sad star and it will be reborn anew when the time is right)

I'm in, but let's hope we can get enough players. NationGen? Even if it's crappy as fuck in its current version?

Infinitum

Scholar
born under a sad star

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE, HEATHEN

Not sure if I'm in the mood for another novelty game tbh. Disciples could be fun though, how about simply limiting the teams to ones with shared mythological inspirations (eg Fomoria/Tir, Ermor/Arco, 'Heim/'Heim etc)?

Dayyālu

Arcane

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Not sure if I'm in the mood for another novelty game tbh. Disciples could be fun though, how about simply limiting the teams to ones with shared mythological inspirations (eg Fomoria/Tir, Ermor/Arco, 'Heim/'Heim etc)?

tbh, I agree. Themes, Disciples, and we're good. Elves with Elves, Giants with Giants, flying shits with bat flying shits, C'tis with Sceleria, etc...

KoolNoodles

Arcane

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

tbh, I agree. Themes, Disciples, and we're good. Elves with Elves, Giants with Giants, flying shits with bat flying shits, C'tis with Sceleria, etc...

That works for me. These should be obvious to the people who regularly play around here.

Let's just do teams of two, easier that way, and we can make the game smaller if needs be.

I'll head up one of them, of course.

Do we want EA? Generally more fun, but LA could be as well.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
If somebody desperately wants nationgen, they can run the generator 100x, then test every nation that looks good to make sure their units actually work/aren't stupid, then present the lineup here, and then I might consider it.

Don't want to do that work? Then no nationgen.

Infinitum

Scholar
That works for me. These should be obvious to the people who regularly play around here.

Let's just do teams of two, easier that way, and we can make the game smaller if needs be.

I'll head up one of them, of course.

Do we want EA? Generally more fun, but LA could be as well.

LA seems very limited due to low number of nations and the fact most of them have consolidated. EA or MA should both work, EA has more variety but MA has quite the few branching successor nations. We might want to preemptively ban Brazil Mictlan/Xibalba should we go EA, just saying. Land nations only?

EDIT: Eh, I'm bored. Let's count out the obvious candidates:

EA
Team Greek: Arcocephale/Mekone
Team Mexico: Mictlan/Xibalba
Team Albion: Fomoria/Tir na Og
Team Norse: Vanheim/Helheim/Niefelheim
Team India: Kailasa/Lanka
Team SemiteSumerianPhoenicians: Hinnom/Berytos

MA
Team Greek: Arco/Phaeacia/Phlegra
Team Rome: Sceleria/Pythium
Team Albion: Eriu/Man
Team Mexico: Mictlan/Xibalba
Team Birdmen: Caelum/Nazca
Team Horsemen: Pangea/Asphodel
Team Norse: Vanheim/Jotunheim/Vanarus

LA
Team Greek: Arcocephale/Pangea
Team Zoroastrian: Ragha/Abysia (or Caelum, but let's not kid ourselves on what people would pick)
Team Norse: Midgard/Utgard
Team Mexico Frogmen: Mictlan/Xibalba (and Atlantis; gl with those temp scales tho)

MA does seem the most interesting imo.

Last edited:

Dayyālu

Arcane
LA seems very limited due to low number of nations and the fact most of them have consolidated.

LA has the Atlantean Vengeance Organization tho (LA Atlantis, LA Xibalba and LA Mictlan). But I agree, MA is the best option for baseline.

This dude can't agree.

Elephantmen are the only crazy sacreds you get, and rarely. Trust me, I have ran dozens of attempts for Dec24, most of the results were shit. Let's see if I can get something better this time.

Drunk. Friday.

Let me doubt the connection between Friday and the drunk state.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Well Grimwulf has to be in this, but Dom5 natgen?

Like I said, if we can get some good shit. Ugghhh. Ok I'll run some through the meat grinder tonight. Not like I'm doing anything anyways.

:despair:

Infinitum

Scholar
So.. MA it is then? Throwing my hat in the ring as a disciple to whoever (are we randomizing teams or having picks or what)?

Infinitum

Scholar
Nice, if a bit on the small side? Can the start positions be modded to have the teams adjacent?

Infinitum

Scholar
Teammates adjacent/close by to eachother wth no intervening players, that is. Unless disciple games do that automatically already?

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Teammates adjacent/close by to eachother wth no intervening players, that is. Unless disciple games do that automatically already?

Will do that automatically as long as clustered starts is enabled. I'm making some Natgen stuff today after fiddling with parameters(tried to disable bows, but that doesn't seem to be working). If I get some good ones I'll post a link.

Edit: So I made about ~150-200 nations, trying all ages, eliminating shit races, mandating magic diversity, and other tweaks etc., and......there were maybe four that looked cool and would actually be good. And half of those involved elephant men.

I'd say about 100 of the nations had some combination of worthless mages, sacred rangers or sacred generic light/heavy infantry, and bad unit/scales mismatches. HOW IS THAT FUN.

Why is the new natgen so bad. I'll do a last effort of a couple hundred and pick out 10-12 that might be cool.

Also tried to mandate elephant men for every nation, and it just got stuck in an infinite loop. Of course.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom