Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wolfenstein: The New Order

Luzur

Good Sir
but, what about us that want to play the german side of this and gun down freedom loving american rebels in robosuits?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
There is one weird thing about that vid. Most of the footage has BLOODY SCREEN, no hud and no crosshair, but one part has a hp + armour count. Oldskool and popamole gameplay modes to choose or something?

Luzur

Good Sir
Looks solid
looks more like boring consolized shit to me

enemies looks dumb though, just standing there on that little bridge screaming GRANATE, ACHTUNG, BEDECKUNG etc right on the grenade until it explodes, no effort to take cover or even throw it back, also how come the brittle wooden pole bridge didnt get blown to smithereens along with them?

even soldiers in HL had better Ai then that.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Looks solid
looks more like boring consolized shit to me

enemies looks dumb though, just standing there on that little bridge screaming GRANATE, ACHTUNG, BEDECKUNG etc right on the grenade until it explodes, no effort to take cover or even throw it back, also how come the brittle wooden pole bridge didnt get blown to smithereens along with them?

even soldiers in HL had better Ai then that.
Don't you know? AI that shouts realistic phrases is better than AI that actually does realistic things.

IMMERSION MANG

SoupNazi

yeah, I pointed that out earlier. still don't get how YEARS after F.E.A.R., we still get shit like this

also it looks like there is no specific ammo for specific weapons, just "pistol ammo", "light ammo" and "heavy ammo" or some shit

fucking ridiculous

hiver

RPS preview doesnt sound that bad at all. Actually ... rather ok, for a shooter, for that specific setting and lore of Wolfenstein.

Might be worth a spin, for some mindless fun.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Pot calling the kettle black. You're the one that hypes this shit on the 'dex.

hiver

Exactly. And he still hasnt learned not to talk like that to his betters.

I meant the latest hands on from RPS.

And if anyone expected anything better than that from a shooter - a Wolfeinstein shooter - made by mass market publishers.... it just makes his retardation levels go into orbit.
Not anything surprising for a mass market stupid shit like morgoth is.
I guess he is used to having fucking epiphanies while playing shooters...

of course, he still hasnt come to grips with my boot shoved so far into his ass its coming out of his mouth.
pretty large :butthurt:

Theres some alternate paths through the levels. Some stealth skills, even some sort of RPG skills and abilities you unlock.
The enemy Ai is still retarded, and the difficulty is made for 5 year olds - perfect for morgoth.

One would think the Ai could get a bit improved before the release though and maybe they would even upgrade the difficulty...

The cover system is still present – you don’t stick to geometry like Gears of War’s brutish soldiers, but you’ll spend time hunkered behind scenery, using the directional lean to poke out and take potshots.
Not that bad.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron

A year ago when I made the thread there was hardly any solid info available. Now there's enough evidence to suggest that this will be an unholy marriage of Painkiller meets CoD with some stupid Basterds references sprinkled on it. This is what Slavtrash like hiver thinks is fun.

hiver

Riddick Butchers Bay was a fluke.
An accident.

If they were able to repeat it they would have done long ago.

talk about unrealistic expectations... the most i hope for when it comes to modern shooters these days is they wont be completely idiotic.

bert

Arcane
BJ talks now? :nocountryforshitposters:

Sound design in RTCW was one of the best I've ever experienced in gaming, and the SP was just plain fun on top of that. MP and Enemy Territory were even funner.

This looks pretty meh.:killit:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

A year ago when I made the thread there was hardly any solid info available. Now there's enough evidence to suggest that this will be an unholy marriage of Painkiller meets CoD with some stupid Basterds references sprinkled on it. This is what Slavtrash like hiver thinks is fun.

Jesus, son, you should know this stuff will be shit the second you catch wind of it. Especially when 99% of the shit you post about here turns out that way.

hiver

Dont do that morgoth, youre too stupid to content with me. Three whole sentences... man...now you wont be able to post anything for a month. Just go around screaming how youll buy every stupid shit first day like you usually do and well forget this ever happened, k?

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron

Jesus, son, you should know this stuff will be shit the second you catch wind of it. Especially when 99% of the shit you post about here turns out that way.

Factually wrong. Besides, somebody is always gonna open a topic about XYZ game either way. Whether it's me or someone else shouldn't be your concern. Just don't post here if it doesn't interest you.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Factually wrong. Besides, somebody is always gonna open a topic about XYZ game either way. Whether it's me or someone else shouldn't be your concern. Just don't post here if it doesn't interest you.

Actually I doubt anyone would start threads on most of this crap. And I post here because I'm trying to help you!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom