Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wolfenstein: The New Order

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Most of the information about the game being complete shit was received before the 12th of June. By then we knew enough to know it wouldn't even be a good standalone game. If you didn't think the game was going to be a trainwreck by the 12th of June, they didn't exactly release information that would be enough to change your mind after that time. Whatever came after that was the icing on the cake.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Most of the information about the game being complete shit was received before the 12th of June. By then we knew enough to know it wouldn't even be a good standalone game. If you didn't think the game was going to be a trainwreck by the 12th of June, they didn't exactly release information that would be enough to change your mind after that time. Whatever came after that was the icing on the cake.

I'm going to buy Thief on day one now, just to annoy you. Maybe I will also send them a letter saying "thank you for finally making stealth games accessible!" and I will sign it "Zewp, RPG Codex."

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Thank you. You will be out $60 and they might just come read my posts about their game on this forum. I win both ways.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

I'm going to buy Thief on day one now, just to annoy you.

Lithuanian hitman dispatched.

The new odor is just another shining example of how much people like to rag on about the nazis being uniformly evil and weird - typical post-war propaganda- slap some shit gameplay on top and you have shit caked on shit.

A game for jews and white-guilt beta males. PASS.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Thank you. You will be out $60 and they might just come read my posts about their game on this forum. I win both ways.

Yes but I'll be supporting them! I will fund the decline in your name! I will post on the Steam forums consistently about how great it is and how people need to shut up. I'll even throw in some comments about how "horribly dark" the originals are, how jumping is only for silly people, how stealth is much more fun when you can slaughter all the enemies using slo-mo. Thank you letters! Day one DLC purchases! Shit, I'll buy all the pre-order item codes on ebay! And all in your glorious name, to prove how right you are that I am so in love with the game.

Or maybe I'll get it in a Steam sale and enjoy it for what it is. And still annoy you.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
It's kinda cute how you think you playing shit games would somehow annoy me. It's more pitiable than annoying. Kinda like watching a mentally handicapped 7 year old realise that if he presses buttons on dada's phone it goes 'beep.'

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
It's kinda cute how you think you playing shit games would somehow annoy me. It's more pitiable than annoying. Kinda like watching a mentally handicapped 7 year old realise that if he presses buttons on dada's phone it goes 'beep.'

The point was in your name, dummy. At least mock the joke properly.

Anyway what the fuck were we talking about again? The thrilling insight of "first person stealth sucks" or "it's dark and violent so it sucks" or something else? I forget.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I don't even know anymore. I just like giving you trouble for holding unpopular opinions. I haven't even begun reading the media on the new Wolfenstein. I'll probably pirate both this and Thief on day one to see what they're like.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I don't see anything that terrible in that RPS preview (bullet spongy enemies aside), the nazis are evil thing is expected as the older Wolfenstein games and almost all WW2 games do that too. The question is if they are going to take it to extremes of grimdarkness and take it too seriously, that can be a little irritating because in the older games you were never supposed to take that shit seriously as the nazis appeared more like James Bond villains .

About violence for shock value, that is tasteless but hardly makes a FPS terrible. The comment about stealth, I understood as the RPS reviewer commenting about the usual irrealistic habit of enemies in stealth games, walking alone in patrols to expose their backs to you to allow stealth and the enemies in Wolfenstein did the same so stealth would be something viable, what is actually an improvement as the older games never truly supported stealth with the exception of a few situations. Basically, what the RPS preview said is that the game plays like a modern shooter (regenerative health, iron sights and etc.) with a few twists like dual wielding, that was expected, the question is military shooters levels of popamole railroading or something with more "open" levels with nice shooting arenas and interesting enemies to fight and based on a comment made by the RPS guy the game is more "open" and not just full of corridors.

Last edited:
aL3sxQw.jpg

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
The new odor is just another shining example of how much people like to rag on about the nazis being uniformly evil and weird - typical post-war propaganda- slap some shit gameplay on top and you have shit caked on shit.

A game for jews and white-guilt beta males. PASS.
Tropes against Nazis in Video Games

Think of the young Nazis growing up in this world, taking this stuff to heart and emulating your flawed opinions of them. Have a heart, Codex.

potatojohn

Arcane
The gameplay looks really weak and I don't understand the point of the cutscenes. I don't need a fucking elaborate setup to justifty my shooting of nazis. They're nazis. You shoot them. It's an acceptable premise. Always has been.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I might have to buy it just for the soundtrack. It doesn't look nearly enticing enough to buy it at full price, but it might be worth a few $ bux. The cutscenes look like they'll be handled in a similar manner to The Darkness 2 or Riddick, in that they're definitely there for frills mostly, but they're suitably violent for a shooter. The throat ripping at the end was perfect.

DeepOcean

Arcane
From a gunplay standpoint, you can see from the trailer: 1)Enemies die fast (thank God, no bullet sponges), 2) Their body react when hit(What gives a nice feeling to the weapons, I hated Bioshock Infinite enemies that could take shotgun shots to the face and didn't showed any reaction.), 3) There is tons of blood (coupled with the enemies body reaction gives that nice feeling of shooting and seeing the power of the shot), 4)The scenario is, at least, partialy destructible. From a level design standpoint, there isn't much to see, only a CoD sequence and short clips of a few rooms, when they show an entire level from start to finish it will be possible to know how frequent those CoD sections are.

DeepOcean

Arcane

It appears that the demo in PAX really gives the impression that is CoD:Wolfenstein

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom