Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus - set in Nazi occupied America

Drakron

Arcane
I don't care about 100 years ago. The Nazis tried to wipe out entire races of people and they did it on an industrial scale. And you are seriously trying to excuse what they did. That says so much about you.

So are you saying what the USA did with polio blankets was better because it wasnt on a industrial scale?

Genocide been going on in human history since ever, the Neanderthals were likely wiped out by the Homo Sapiens, history is filled with such crimes whatever the era, whatever the continent and whatever skin color they had, this is not a excuse ... this is fact, if he won or it happened (and did happened) 100 years before, it would be just another.

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE USAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I did and I do because the USA love to portray as the good guys, the British did the same back in the Empire days and pretty much ever power in existence did the same ... complaining about Germany waging war on their neighbors is completely and fucking absurd, the US did it as well for ... the exact same reason wasnt it with Texas, they wanted room to expand.

That isnt and never was news, might as well bitch about Rome leveling Carthage.

No. We're talking about Hitler, and the creepy fandom he has on this forum.

Hitller was a man, not a demon ... the demonization of Hitler just goes to the point of being a caricature , he wasnt alone either because as I pointed out, his name wasnt in the document, did he knew? Most likely even if its impossible to prove as no document was ever found showing that he knew and this is still a topic of debate among historians.

That brings me the dehumanization, the "industrial scale" ... its not as if he personally overseen every time they were killed, when you remove the person from the situation doing such actions simply dont have the same weight, today we have drones that have killed thousand of innocents yet because the operator wasnt in the same location, it lacks the same weight ... its just a name, its just someone on a monitor, we no longer have to look at the eyes of the people we kill, this is "progress" ... by making Hitler and the other on the Nazi leadership demons you are simply trying to wash away our responsibility as a species, humans HAVE committed genocide and will continue to do so, if you just bog down to "Hitler" then our combined responsibly goes away from why it happened and that is just a way for it repeating itself.

Last edited:

T. Reich

Arcane
Now, now, let's not pile up the blame on USA, shall we?

We have such beautiful things as Bengal famine of 1943, multiple Allied firebombings (Tokyo and Dresden being merely the top performances), or the fun the French had in Indochina and North Africa, among other things.

Need I to remind you that the horrible Hitler person ruined eugenics for everyone else? Europe and US had so much fun in the first half of 20th century with institutionalised segregation, sterilisation, and even experiments in euthanasia, and then they had to abandon it all because of the damned austrian.

We're not even going to discuss what the assorted slavs, chinks and sand-niggers did to each other throughout the history, because these barbarians are obviously beneath the highly developed and civilised people of Europa and do not merit any mention.

Finally, let's not forget one the greatest crimes of Eupope in modern history - United Nations partition plan for Palestine.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
1. Being directly responsible for the Holocaust, a program of murder that targeted Jews, Poles, Russians, communists, gays, gypsies, disabled people, political opponents and POWs
And in such enlighten and wonderful times we live now....it is pure paradise here on earth.
faggots-at-pride-parade.jpg

gzljr2a.jpg

DENeW95XUAAkRL1.jpg

Oh and lets not forget about this:
popup.jpg

MuslimRefugees-vi.png

thinking.png
thinking.png
thinking.png
thinking.png
thinking.png
thinking.png
thinking.png
thinking.png
thinking.png
thinking.png
thinking.png
thinking.png

thinking.png
thinking.png
rating_racist.png
rating_racist.png
rating_racist.png
rating_racist.png
rating_racist.png
thinking.png
thinking.png

thinking.png
thinking.png
rating_racist.png
rating_racist.png
rating_racist.png
rating_racist.png
rating_racist.png
thinking.png
thinking.png

thinking.png
thinking.png
rating_racist.png
rating_racist.png
rating_racist.png
rating_racist.png
rating_racist.png
thinking.png
thinking.png

thinking.png
thinking.png
rating_racist.png
rating_racist.png
rating_racist.png
rating_racist.png
rating_racist.png
thinking.png
thinking.png

thinking.png
thinking.png
rating_racist.png
rating_racist.png
rating_racist.png
rating_racist.png
rating_racist.png
thinking.png
thinking.png

thinking.png
thinking.png
thinking.png
thinking.png
thinking.png
thinking.png
thinking.png
thinking.png
thinking.png
thinking.png
thinking.png
thinking.png

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
You might be really retarded if you think that things like the systematic intimidation, expropriation of money and property an annihilation of a race can happen without any autorization of the dictator in a totalitarian regime. The fact that the name of Hitler doesn't appear in the Final solution document doesn't matter. He demostrated what was his ideology in a lot of situations, and most important, he allowed the nazi party to execute the holocaust. His public speeches, orders to his generals, and the diaries of Nazi officials demonstrate that he conceived and authorised the extermination of European Jewry.

If the international Jewish financiers in and outside Europe should succeed in plunging the nations once more into a world war, then the result will not be the Bolshevisation of the earth, and thus the victory of Jewry, but the annihilation of the Jewish race in Europe!

— Adolf Hitler addressing the German Reichstag, 30 January 1939

“. . . the discovery of the Jewish virus is one of the greatest revolutions that has taken place in the world. The battle in which we are engaged today is of the same sort as the battle waged, during the last century, by Pasteur and Koch. How many diseases have their origin in the Jewish virus! ... We shall regain our health only be eliminating the Jew.”

- Adolf Hitler (quoted in Burleigh and Wippermann, Racial State, p. 107)

Be all the retarded nazi-weeaboo that you want. But at least do it well.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Lets be honest here,if the nazi regime wanted the extermination of the jews,they could have done it in a month. The prime idea was to rob them and make them slaves or something,but during the war people became more fucked up as it is normal during war,and begun killing and torturing them. It is mighty annoying how jews won't stop whining for the war and their genocide. I don't see Merkel having much of problem with turkish atrocities or the Armenian genocide and many others genocides. Jew's genocide is the only genocide because they own all the media.

Deleted member 7219

I don't care about 100 years ago. The Nazis tried to wipe out entire races of people and they did it on an industrial scale. And you are seriously trying to excuse what they did. That says so much about you.

So are you saying what the USA did with polio blankets was better because it wasnt on a industrial scale?

Genocide been going on in human history since ever, the Neanderthals were likely wiped out by the Homo Sapiens, history is filled with such crimes whatever the era, whatever the continent and whatever skin color they had, this is not a excuse ... this is fact, if he won or it happened (and did happened) 100 years before, it would be just another.

I did and I do because the USA love to portray as the good guys, the British did the same back in the Empire days and pretty much ever power in existence did the same ... complaining about Germany waging war on their neighbors is completely and fucking absurd, the US did it as well for ... the exact same reason wasnt it with Texas, they wanted room to expand.

Hitller was a man, not a demon ... the demonization of Hitler just goes to the point of being a caricature , he wasnt alone either because as I pointed out, his name wasnt in the document, did he knew? Most likely even if its impossible to prove as no document was ever found showing that he knew and this is still a topic of debate among historians.

That brings me the dehumanization, the "industrial scale" ... its not as if he personally overseen every time they were killed, when you remove the person from the situation doing such actions simply dont have the same weight, today we have drones that have killed thousand of innocents yet because the operator wasnt in the same location, it lacks the same weight ... its just a name, its just someone on a monitor, we no longer have to look at the eyes of the people we kill, this is "progress" ... by making Hitler and the other on the Nazi leadership demons you are simply trying to wash away our responsibility as a species, humans HAVE committed genocide and will continue to do so, if you just bog down to "Hitler" then our combined responsibly goes away from why it happened and that is just a way for it repeating itself.

I don't give a fucking shit about the USA. You're bringing all that shit up to deflect from the Nazis and the Holocaust. Very telling. Very stupid.

Person A: Hitler was great yo
Person B: Hitler was a monster
Person C: WHAT ABOUT THE AMERICANS?

It is clear which person is right.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

I don't give a fucking shit about the USA. You're bringing all that shit up to deflect from the Nazis and the Holocaust. Very telling. Very stupid.

Person A: Hitler was great yo
Person B: Hitler was a monster
Person C: WHAT ABOUT THE AMERICANS?

It is clear which person is right.
Person A?!

Ash

Arcane
Machine Games are a part of the Nazism war machine with the systematic genocide of incline from the inside with multi-million dollar shitty movie "games".
Well, at least it isn't microtransaction-ridden. There are worse offenders. ...Still, get off my lawn!

Unwanted

nodar

Unwanted
Shitposter

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Every time that MAGAtards like fantadomat open their mouths, marxism gains one more die-hard adherent. :smug:
You on the other hand makes fantadomat look like a fucking quality poster by comparison.
Hey,i am very quality guy,from time to time i do sparkle a little bit of shit,but still even my shit is top quality.

Last edited:

Cosmic Bane

Educated
If people come to your house/country uninvited and try to take it over and you 'genocide' them you dindu nothing wrong. If you go to their huts and genocide them and take their shit it's another story. Though mainly muh genocide on the precious natives in america who attacked europeans and other brown people on sight is pure bullshit anyways.

Hitler was surprisingly tough for a little guy.
Was shot and gassed and blinded during WW I and said it was the best time of his life.
Was blown up, had I dunno how many assassination attempts against him (I heard one guy said the tally was like in the high 40's) and still survived.
Not only survived, but possibly escaped.

Considered the greatest war criminal in the modern era, most likely because he was on the losing side, and in the end still hit it up like a champ.

Winning and Tiger Blood.
So Blazwhatever is basically based on Hitler?

Yeah,not many good games. Another one that it seems to have potential is Spellforce 3. Can't wait for Greedfall,love spiders games,hope it is great like their last one.
You mean Technomancer? Not bad, but they really padded it out with lots of unnecessary shit-quests and narrative twists.

Ho Ho HoloHoax.
Seriously, if you want to vomit on Hitler, for crimes he has SUPPOSEDLY done; you have to, at the very least, shit on USA, "Not really in control but having all the benefits regardless" Britishit monarchy, and leaving, again at least, a few farts for Uncle Vlad, for various atrocities they've DEFINITELY had a hand in.

To play Devil's Advocate for a second and completely ignore the above article's clear deliberate attempt to be offended by something, I'd imagine from a certain development standpoint it's not too crazy to argue that games should be relatively "friendly" to their potential audience. Make them as difficult as you want, but no need to actively antagonize the player. You want people to stick around and enjoy the game you've made, right? So insulting them from the get go isn't necessarily the best way to draw people into the experience.

That being said, I'd also imagine that the developers intend the game to be played a certain way - as in, there's an intended experience to be had for playing the game. In a shooter, even one with design as conflicted as The New Colossus, they likely want to encourage people to push themselves out of their comfort zone and "Get Psyched" for a challenge. This isn't unfriendly but simply a tool to get people to get into the game and enjoy it. This entire mentality that games should be playable even if you're a potato conflicts with the very core of what makes games such a great medium in the first place - the need for interaction. If anyone can clear any challenge in a given game with ease, then those challenges lose all meaning. Pushing the player to master systems and engage with a game can only be a good thing.

TL;DR Game journalist is colossal idiot, misses entire point of video games.

Cosmic Bane

Educated
To play Devil's Advocate for a second and completely ignore the above article's clear deliberate attempt to be offended by something, I'd imagine from a certain development standpoint it's not too crazy to argue that games should be relatively "friendly" to their potential audience. Make them as difficult as you want, but no need to actively antagonize the player. You want people to stick around and enjoy the game you've made, right? So insulting them from the get go isn't necessarily the best way to draw people into the experience.

That being said, I'd also imagine that the developers intend the game to be played a certain way - as in, there's an intended experience to be had for playing the game. In a shooter, even one with design as conflicted as The New Colossus, they likely want to encourage people to push themselves out of their comfort zone and "Get Psyched" for a challenge. This isn't unfriendly but simply a tool to get people to get into the game and enjoy it. This entire mentality that games should be playable even if you're a potato conflicts with the very core of what makes games such a great medium in the first place - the need for interaction. If anyone can clear any challenge in a given game with ease, then those challenges lose all meaning. Pushing the player to master systems and engage with a game can only be a good thing.

TL;DR Game journalist is colossal idiot, misses entire point of video games.

I doubt that an AAA game being overly difficult has been a real concern in vidya sice 1989 or so.

The reason it's so funny is that the standard difficulty completely babies you in these games so much, and they even made extra easy modes, and these alleged gaming journalists still complain about it being too hard.

If they should do anything it's remove the bottom 3-4 difficulties and force the player to play on hard mode for at least the first few hours. Then you can weed out all the faggots who make reviews without really playing the game at all but just by looking at a couple of the first cutscenes.

Hellion

Arcane
It's true that a sizeable proportion of "journalists" that set out to review a game either play it on super-easy in order to roflstomp it as quickly as possible and write about it (and then, of course, complain because "the game is too short and offers little challenge"), or play it for 2-3 hours, take a few notes, mix them together with other reviews that have already been published and churn out their review that way (it's always funny when I find greek websites that systematically copy my reviews almost word-for-word).

And now it appears there's people that complain because the lowest difficulty setting is offered in a way that hurts their feelings.

We're living in interesting times.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I play every game on the hardest difficulty it offers. Not for bragging rights or anything, just because these days, 'normal' is designed for mainstream retards and typically, the hardest difficulty is the game as the developer intended.

Japanese action games are really good about this; God Hand on Hard really feels like the way you are supposed to play it, same for Persona/Nocturne on Expert. The last few western games I played were like that, too: Witcher 3, Grimrock 2, etc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom