Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus - set in Nazi occupied America

Ash

Arcane
He basically whines that BJ dies too fast and that the games is true hard, which in his eyes means that the gameplay is bad. Why play an old school shooter on higher difficulty and then complain about something like that?

Get out you damage controlling Bethesda shill.

It's not an old school shooter. His main complaint is that it's a shitty movie game. The difficulty complaint is that it forces you to play like a extreme hitscan cover shooter, turning it into glorified whack-a-mole gameplay rather than being a challenging run and gunner like, say, Duke Nukem 3D on higher difficulties. You don't deserve to rep Nukem with your avatar.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

He basically whines that BJ dies too fast and that the games is true hard, which in his eyes means that the gameplay is bad. Why play an old school shooter on higher difficulty and then complain about something like that?

I played the game on Do or Die.

- The 50HP cap is compensated by 200 armor, which is a poor compensation because you can't control your overcharged amount of health, and it will come to the point where your health reaches threshold before you can even notice it.

- For some reasons, fragile enemies in this game are way too spongey compared to their counterparts in TNO, while supposedly tanky enemies die quicker, the reason is...

... the game really wants you to use all heavy weapons whenever possible, and I believe this explains the poor weaponry in this game. It conveniently gives you heavy weapons in like 95% of the game's sections to kill tanky soldiers. One prime example is near the end of the game, you'll encounter two super duper awesome™ uber-ubersoldaten that's supposed to be the "final bosses" of the game, who will die instantly from the gun that shoots black spheres you got in the last room. The other trashcan grunts? There are two turrets on both side, use them. But if you just use your normal guns, no chance you can fight those cunts. In short: shit normal weapons make it harder to kill fragile enemies, overpowered heavy weapons make it easier to kill tanky enemies.

- Poor damage feedback, INCREDIBLY poor damage feedback will make you die before you realized your health just counted down to zero.

- Lots of dark environment where they conveniently hide enemies with black/dark colour armor, which is really hard to notice in gunfights.

- Enemy can find dead body and call alarm but you have no way to hide bodies if you're sneaking and shit.

- The AI in this game tracks your movement perfectly, while in The New Order you can strafe or sprint from wall to wall and maybe you'll take like 5 damage at worse.

- No more reload cancelling and slow ass weapon switching animation which discourage run and gun.

- Enemy reacts to your presence in stealth way faster than in TNO, silenced pistol's accuracy is nerfed heavily which makes headshotting inconsistent.

And that doesn't include stupidly designed levels where you have wooden covers that will blow up by impact from tiny crotch hair or corridors after corridors which pretty much force cover shooting instead of dual wield run-n-gun :roll: This shit just stinks idiotic design all over the place.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected

YEEEAH FUCKING BRAAAVE
FUCK RACISMMMMM
K1KRN.png

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Did they admit, that a crap game, despite their best efforts to hype it, failed to reach its sales targets and has to be put on a fire sale to cover the losses?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
TB says TNC is his biggest disappointment of 2017.

Lol the retarded brit did go full sjw,glad that i stopped watching his retarded spew."So many bloody cutscenes,and if they weren't so well written i would have skipped a lot of them. They are well written because this characters are well acted,very interesting with exception of the main character."' it is from 23:29. Apparently there is a god for giving cancer to that hypocritical cancer,the bonus is that it will be slow and painful. So the moral of the story is,don't wish for people on the internet to get cancer because they could reflect the curse,and you ending up with the cancer.

Lahey

Laheyist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
The steamspy numbers have gone up a bit since I last checked, no doubt due to sales/holiday purchases as is the industry-wide norm. Owners: 283,229 ± 16,310 http://steamspy.com/dev/Bethesda+Softworks
Bethesda too probably, considering the steamspy figures. Evil Within 2 and Quake Champions have 139,035 ±11,429 and 224,520 ±14,522 owners respectively, neither of which recieved the same marketing push or are coming off the heels of a recent success (TNO and its expansion have 1,803,037 ±41,088 and 717,776 ±25,953). Even Prey currently sits at 514,381 ±21,975, a game whose performance was poor enough to seemingly prompt this.

Bethesda's had a pretty hard time on steam overall. Their only current-year games that beat Prey in number of owners were both freemium, whose microtransactions along with Zenimax's court case and subsequent remasters are their gravy train.

I'm not sure of actual numbers, but I'm guessing The Evil Within 2 and Prey also cost less to make and had lower advertising budgets thanks to them being slightly more niche games. Lower sales shouldn't hurt either one as much as it'll hurt in the case of TNC.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I'm not sure of actual numbers, but I'm guessing The Evil Within 2 and Prey also cost less to make and had lower advertising budgets thanks to them being slightly more niche games. Lower sales shouldn't hurt either one as much as it'll hurt in the case of TNC.
All those cinematics cost a lot of dosh.

Lahey

Laheyist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Undoubtedly. I can't track down a production cost but TNC has over 100 mocap VAs, which alongside the aforementioned id tech 6 upgrade...well, game sure wasn't cheap.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
I seem to recall Hitler being gassed, shot, blown up, and he still escaped to Bolivia so the reds better up their game. :lol:

But the question everyone wants to know the answer to: is vivisection verboten in Nazi America?

AHwithBird.jpg

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Hitler was surprisingly tough for a little guy.
Was shot and gassed and blinded during WW I and said it was the best time of his life.
Was blown up, had I dunno how many assassination attempts against him (I heard one guy said the tally was like in the high 40's) and still survived.
Not only survived, but possibly escaped.

Considered the greatest war criminal in the modern era, most likely because he was on the losing side, and in the end still hit it up like a champ.

Winning and Tiger Blood.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

Lol the retarded brit did go full sjw,glad that i stopped watching his retarded spew."So many bloody cutscenes,and if they weren't so well written i would have skipped a lot of them. They are well written because this characters are well acted,very interesting with exception of the main character."' it is from 23:29. Apparently there is a god for giving cancer to that hypocritical cancer,the bonus is that it will be slow and painful. So the moral of the story is,don't wish for people on the internet to get cancer because they could reflect the curse,and you ending up with the cancer.

Fucking hell fantadomat, this some delicious irony. You, the absolute king of retarded shitposters, who clogs up every thread in this forum with your inane drivel, have the gall to call someone for spouting nonsense. You have 2.6K posts in less than 6 months and I don't remember a single one of them being a positive contribution, 'every post a shitpost' should be your signature.

You are like the retarded monkey who sits in the corner of the cage and flings shit at all the other monkeys, stopping occasionally to eat some of it and screech like a banshee. This forum would be immeasurably improved if you self-ejected, but unfortunately I doubt there are many other forums that would put up with you.

Give me your /rage ratings, because yes, after 6 months of reading this moron's shit, I mad.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Fucking hell fantadomat, this some delicious irony. You, the absolute king of retarded shitposters, who clogs up every thread in this forum with your inane drivel, have the gall to call someone for spouting nonsense. You have 2.6K posts in less than 6 months and I don't remember a single one of them being a positive contribution, 'every post a shitpost' should be your signature.

You are like the retarded monkey who sits in the corner of the cage and flings shit at all the other monkeys, stopping occasionally to eat some of it and screech like a banshee. This forum would be immeasurably improved if you self-ejected, but unfortunately I doubt there are many other forums that would put up with you.

Give me your /rage ratings, because yes, after 6 months of reading this moron's shit, I mad.

e17da6eb04903dee17f951e985bf9f3b1bbb4febae529d162d2964e3b9416b47.jpg

I take it you were behind the glory hole in the coxcon,sucking all those Icelebrity must have felt glorious. By the way are traps gay?

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I'd brofist if possible.
He already got dumbfucked so he already is at the elite of shitposters, I've not been here for too long but 6 months for a dumbfuck seems awfully hasty. I'm apart of n3wf4g cr3w too, but I can confidently say that I tolerated Mynon more as he at least put a minimal amount of effort into his posts and grammar, Fanta is basically a constant flurry of shit from the anus. I don't think he has ever said anything worthwhile, helped someone out, contributed to the forum in any way, all he has done is just rapid fire literary feces all over this place. It also confirms my opinion of anyone who watches nuke gook drawings being a worthless degenerate sewer crawling scumfuck subhuman who doesn't even deserve to have an internet connection or breathe air. Back in the good old days retards were just drowned.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom