Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem - open world isometric action-RPG

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I backed for $275. I didn't play the alpha because it didn't run properly.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Why did they rename it? "Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem" sounds like generic Eastern ARPG shovelware No. 599, now with a colon.

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
Why did they rename it? "Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem" sounds like generic Eastern ARPG shovelware No. 599, now with a colon.
They already explained why they had to change the name of the project : "Umbra" is already under copyright :

So why did we change names ?

Copyright reasons, simple as that. Turns out Umbra is already taken and our Game Director Daniel Dolui had to come up with a new name.
But don’t worry, the theme of the Umbra will still be present throughout the game and its lore. As an example, Umbral damage is an elemental type and a category of spells, and some enemies will have resistance against it.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The use of Crytec was (one of) the main selling point(s) of Umbra on KS, if I remember correctly.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh right, we're supposed to be getting early access keys for this one soonish.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That's the new name for the Umbra project. :salute:
Ah, so that's why got some tickle behind my head, it was that project. I no longer received updates on moddb and forgot about it. It's Crytek engine iirc?
Will try it, maybe when Grim Dawn start boring me.
How are you enjoying Grim Dawn, btw? I purchased it last tuesday and have been playing it a lot. It's pretty fun.

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
I have lots of fun when my pyromancer cast the Sigil of Consumption spell (near 5m radius) then stun jacks packs of mobs.Just have to watch them suffer until they meet the creator

Last edited:

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wolcen : Lords of mayhem ?
Umbra was much more "catchy" and sleek. This is ...not good.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I hope we get a few body types. It will feel weird playing a caster that looks like a barbarian. Or is this like PoE where Might increases spell damage as well.. :D

I'll let you guys know how the alpha is tomorrow and hopefully record a video if I get time and my framerate keeps up.

Explore the world of WOLCEN tomorrow !

We are excited to launch WOLCEN: Lords of Mayhem on March 24th
Thank you again for supporting our project !
Please retrieve your Steam key displayed above.
  • Here the list of features available for the alpha v0.1
  • A part of the open world to discover
  • Random generated dungeons for maximum replayability
  • The beginning of the story
  • Already a lot of loot ! Weapons, armor, potions and spells to discover.
  • And much more !
This is an early access, therefore the audio design is still a work in progress and some animations and 3D models are placeholders.

Only the beginning of the storyline is playable in order to test the features and get feedback from the players. We are planning to update the game regularly at least twice every month.

Help us improve the game by reporting any bugs, glitches or ideas at www.wolcengame.com

Mustawd

also, it's getting too close to Zombra. Most likely reason they changed it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mustawd

I'll let you guys know how the alpha is tomorrow and hopefully record a video if I get time and my framerate keeps up.

I gave them shit for kickstarting this, but I'm actually thinking this can be good. I mean it has cuisine housing right? That scratches my old UO tendency right there.

Drowed

Arcane
Dear god, what a TERRIBLE name change. Cringeworthy, even. But eh... The game still looks interesting.

Moink

Cipher
No idea why they didn't just go for a single word title.

how do you even pronounce Wolcen?

Woll-son?
Wols-en?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom