Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

WL2:DC vs DOS:EE

Which one feels more "refreshed" and I shall play next

• Wasteland 2: Director's Cut

Votes: 16 20.3%
  • Divinity Original Sin: Enhanced Edition

Votes: 21 26.6%
  • Fallout 4

Votes: 9 11.4%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 33 41.8%

• Total voters

Heresiarch

Prophet
So while I am playing Mass Effect 3 (which is surprisingly very good) now in order to take a break from Twitcher 3, I have both Wasteland 2: Director's Cut AND Divinity Original Sin: Enhanced Edition installed. I have skimmed quickly through the massive corresponding threads of them and I don't get which has better improvements over the original.

I still have around 20 hours (I think) until finishing ME3, but I would like to know which one to play next.

Personally I love and have finished both WL2 and DOS, and have put in 83 and 84 hours into them.

So how do you guys feel about them? Which has the better "enhanced" feeling and worth a replay?

Or I should just buy Fallout 4 and play that instead?

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
WL2: Directors Cut hands down.

D:OS EE was fucking shit, and had even worse "improvements" than the DC

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
WL2: Directors Cut hands down.

D:OS EE was fucking shit, and had even worse "improvements" than the DC
fargofanboy.png

I also recommend none of these options but the hhhehehe simulator instead. GOTY right here:

BAKA_FLOCKA_FLAME_01.png

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah guys stop with Legion bullshit, it aint funny especially for Legion, so show some consideration toward Legion.

Wasteland 2 original release played like a half-assed Fallout. At least that's what my first impression was after 10-15 hours in.

Legion I agree, personally I think W2 did one thing great. That is actually managing to make me wanna play first two Fallouts again even after I played them so much that it makes me literally physically nauseous only thinking of in game rats.

DemonKing

Arcane
I didn't even have time to finish either W2 or DOS when they first came out, and you now want my opinion of both enhanced editions already?

Come back after my kids grow up and I'm blissfully retired.

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
Wasteland 2 DC is little-bit polished W2 but with some weird performance issues(I blame unity).

Divinity:OS EE has at least reworked encounters. Not that they're much better you can still cheese everywhere, but that's something you could expect from that game if you played enough of it, but tactician mode is sure more interesting to play than standard.

Generally speaking it's about whether you liked WL2 or DOS more.

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
If the poll was about the original games I'd pick WL2 but consolization in the DC was so blatant and aggravating that my vote goes to D:OS EE.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom