Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry Wizardry sequel?

Would you like a Wizardry sequel by D.W. Bradley?

• Yes.

Votes: 26 28.0%
  • Hell Yes!

Votes: 35 37.6%
  • No.

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Not in a thousand years.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • King of Comrades

Votes: 25 26.9%

• Total voters
Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
I see :(

JVC worked on a failed C&C online game that got cancelled before release.

Why they thought it would be a good idea to have JVC working on C&C instead of something more in line with his previous work just goes to show how out of touch EA is. Then again, this was quite some time before the Kickstarter wave. I wouldn't be surprised if he pops up in a KS project one of these days - taking longer than expected, though.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
JVC may be under a no-compete with EA, so I doubt he would be doing a KS anytime soon. And who knows, maybe he doesn't even want to do one.

Themadcow

Augur
It's a shame that the Japanese have taken the franchise backwards somewhat with Labyrinth of Lost Souls and the sequel (which I can't remember the name of). Tales of the Forsaken Land was pretty good but LoLS is pretty much phoned in - it's hard, but that's about all I could say for it. I still played a fair bit of it because I love blobbers but when you consider what Wiz 6-8 achieved long before it then it's a huge disappointment.

Frankly, I'd love a Wizardry 9 - I'd be a $100+ day one backer, but Bradley would probably need to be the figurehead / ideas guy rather than actively involved in the development, and certainly not a lead producer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom