Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry Wizardry Empire II PLUS : Oujo no Isan - Legacy of the Princess for PC Translation - Completed!

Dorarnae

Arbiter
haha, yeah those monster are quite strong., so you got to lilith? I haven't done the post game in 2 yet, but I saw some vids of it....

demilich

Novice
About the outro. "Several centuries passed, and two men got info regarding princess - one who strives to be a king, and the other - a mage". I think it is a nod to prince Alavic and Davalpus, mentioned in Wizardry 2: Knight of Diamonds manual. Just a theory, but their conflict was over Staff of Gnilda)

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Courtier

can't believe I had missed your blog-posting of the Empire 2 post-game enemies. Don't give up! I want to vicariously experience the insanity of the last floor of the Temple of the Gods through your screen-shots... legend has it the entire 20x20 floor grid is a complete dark zone and it is full of the strongest enemies in the game with the final challenge of Reiberesu (L'kabreth) awaiting as a "fixed encounter" somewhere in the darkness.

VideoJames

Barely Literate
This may sound a little stupid, but I haven't really played a ton of Wizardry outside of the original 5 and a couple the Renaissance titles. I'm just getting around to this game and creating my party, but it seems like I can't create a Bishop/Wizard. Am I missing something here? My understanding is that the status requirements are Wis13/Int13 and G/E for this game, but even with stats well above that I can't seem to get the class to show up in creation. Same with Samurai, though I haven't really tried for the other new ones like Archer. Is it one of those situations where you HAVE to class-change into them later or something?

Edit: Just confirmed I can't see archer, summoner, or monk when I qualify for them either. I've double checked the requirements on all of them. Is this normal for this series?

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Courtier

google "download Bandicam" and download Bandicam and record some videos of your glorious spree through the Temple of the Gods mang

Courtier

Prophet
I use fraps, and I already have a gameplay vid up in this thread (I might make more)
I would recommend you also try using fraps and maybe switch to something else if you really need to use the desktop for some reason, the huge bandicam watermark is hideous

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
This may sound a little stupid, but I haven't really played a ton of Wizardry outside of the original 5 and a couple the Renaissance titles. I'm just getting around to this game and creating my party, but it seems like I can't create a Bishop/Wizard. Am I missing something here? My understanding is that the status requirements are Wis13/Int13 and G/E for this game, but even with stats well above that I can't seem to get the class to show up in creation. Same with Samurai, though I haven't really tried for the other new ones like Archer. Is it one of those situations where you HAVE to class-change into them later or something?

Edit: Just confirmed I can't see archer, summoner, or monk when I qualify for them either. I've double checked the requirements on all of them. Is this normal for this series?

I'll leave the full reply to someone with more knowledge than me on the Empire 2 classes, but I distinctly remember that someone said the advanced classes needed to be unlocked first. Getting to various floors was mentioned, as was dying a set number of times or donating a certain amount of gold.

Apart from telling you not to worry and your game isn't bugged, I can't be more specific. aweigh, Courtier or Dorarnae may well have more information.

Courtier

Prophet
I have no idea what the exact requirements are but all of the classes except Almighty and Berserker unlocked one by one for me through regular play, I think a key element is also amount of titles unlocked (you'll get most by just killing loads of enemies). So just keep checking in every now and then

EDIT: also you don't HAVE to classchange, in fact not ever changing will give characters a large HP, THAC0 and spell power boost by virtue of having wasted no exp (although in this game classchanging often and quickly leveling back up allows HP stacking)

All classes have strong specific equipment waiting for them, but I'd really recommend a Bishop and Summoner just for making your life easier (money and meat shield/misc spells)

Every class has pros and cons, for example I have a Kunoichi instead of a Thief who has powerful weapons available to them, but gets AC bonus slower than a Ninja and often gets half the party killed by failing at traps. I came across incredibly strong Monk equipment and bows, and the hybrid classes learn psy/alch spells faster than the Summoner. My pure Fighter has more HP and hits harder than anybody else in the party, and like a Thief levels extremely fast but can't behead, cast or use most of the fancy weapons

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
yes, in Empire 2 i seem to remember classes like Valkyrie require a Title unlock or at least, in the beta-versions i played through i was never able to create a Valk from scratch.

Berserker/Almighty classes are 100% locked with ridiculously steep requirements (titles).

as Courtier says in Empire 1-3 games the Summoner classes is GREAT as they learn summoning and Alchemy and Psionics. Their Attributes are horrible, of course, and but i mean, what else do ya want.

i actually do not really recommend spending tender-loving-care in having a Ranger in your crew even though in my playthrough i had one. it is precisely because i had one from beginning to end that i can wholeheartedly testify that unlike Starfish's later games (Elminage series on PSP/PC) where they have awesome Bows for the ranger-type class (plus a class-specific attack ability that is insanely good), in their Wiz Empire games the ranger is literally just a gimped Fighter with super slow access to Alchemy (he learns them almost at the same slow rate Bishops learn their own respective spells, i.e. SLOW) but i can't recall any good bows whatsoever.

the Wiz Empire-only class of the female ninja, the Kunoichi, is super OP however and recommend building one (towards one, as making one from initial char gen would require like 3 days re-rolling bonus points) so make sure make your initial party Thief female and evil. (although there is shit later, fountains/items/etc, that can change her alignment and gender, and actually i do believe there is also a Mask-helment for evil-females that transforms into a Kunoichi).

There are also like 3 different items that transform Spellcaster-types into Summoners as well (2 whips, and some other shit).

The male Ninja and the female Kunoichi use different gear, and the Kunoichi is the only one to get access to insanely OP shurikens that behead like crazy. Other than that playing the Wiz Empire games as you would play Wiz 1-5 is just fine as they are literally Wiz 5 "on steroids", etc. Starfish lurves Wiz 5 (the entirety of Japan does) and they have honed and polished the Wiz 5 blueprint to a blinding golden sheen that is unsurpassed by even the original Wizardry titles.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
here's a link to a basically half-English Wiz Empire 1 .zip (unzip and play): http://frd.li/1dbb74b6c2cb79fd

first dungeon is almost completely in english, 2nd and 3rd dungeons (and the post game one) are in jap. The dialog, i mean, absolutely everything else, everything, besides NPC text / "event text", is in english.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
oh, yeah, as courtier mentioned: wiz empire Monks are... very very good. Psionics spell casting + AC decline (same as ninja/kunoichi, i.e. they level up and their AC decreases); and they have access to all of the pimp-ass M-range weaponry (Spears, Polearms/Staves) as well as access to "medium armor" type of gear, (i think even better than the Rangers, heh, i.e. can equip wider range of armors) and access to the majority of sub-weapons such as Sais, short swords, dirks/hatchets/hand-axes, etc.

unlike the gimped Ranger they also feature almost Fighter-like Attribute growth (lotsa VIT/hit point gain, more actually than even ninjas/kunoichi). all in all a team of 2 monks, 2 kunoichi, 1 summoner and 1 bishop is prrrooobabbly the most meta-gamey / super-OP power-gaming steam-roll party you could roll with.

EDIT: AFAIK i don't recall any items whatsoever that class-change a character into a Monk so roll one.

EDIT x2: AGE IS A REAL THING BRUH. In the end-game portions there are... ways... to easily rejuvenate but my first time i remember i was rolling w/ a Faery Bishop (for the speed so she could heal / have 1st turn always) and i remember before reaching the end-game the fucking faery was constantly dying on my from old age when leveling up haha forcing me to reload the save game and wait until one of the chars with Alchemy casting re-learned the l33t spell that rejuvenated by 1 year casting it on the fucking faery and then saving and crossing my fingers and hoping she wouldn't die while sleeping.

good times.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
VideoJames

WIZ EMP 2 "WIKI" - has all of the "manual" type information you will ever need about:

- races
- classes
- item list
- spell(s) list(s)
- enemy info
- etc
- and of course, if you need 'em also maps of the dungeon floors (i used the maps of the 3rd dungeon, Myrdal Castle, "Mirudaru" castle, whatever, in order to clear it as i got stuck at one point halfway through. there is no shame in this.)

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://web.archive.org/web/20050209055847/http://babu.com/~dk-second/emp2/&edit-text=

Deleted Member 16721

Hey. Can someone explain how I get the text working right in full-screen mode on Windows 10? Not only is some of the spacing off but the screen is too zoomed in with the 4 edges cut off a bit. Any ideas? Thanks for the translation!

Deleted Member 16721

Tried AppLocale as well as a couple emulators and nothing seems to work. The screen is zoomed in and the text is messed up. :(

Deleted Member 16721

Right. AppLocale didn't work but I tried using Locale Emulator 2.2.1.0 and LocaleSwitch - neither of them fixed it.

agris

Arcane
Patron

Deleted Member 16721

Tried different DPI settings and nothing worked. The game is still too zoomed in and the text is messed up. Weird.

Really wish I could play this one, but I don't really want to go set up the VMWare of Win7 just to do so. Any other ideas?

agris

Arcane
Patron
Tried different DPI settings and nothing worked. The game is still too zoomed in and the text is messed up. Weird.

Really wish I could play this one, but I don't really want to go set up the VMWare of Win7 just to do so. Any other ideas?
Including disabling it completely in windows, aka 100% DPI?

Deleted Member 16721

Including disabling it completely in windows, aka 100% DPI?

Well, I tried the option both on and off in the Compatability settings. If I uncheck the box, it seems to just turn it back on automatically anyway. I also tried the DPI Awareness Enabler and played around with the settings, still got nothing. Is there some special command needed in the DPI Awareness Enabler or something?

Deleted Member 16721

Hey. I just got the game to scale correctly. Thought that the Nvidia Control Panel might have an option for that and indeed it did. Basically, I turned the scaling duties to my GPU instead of my display and also selected "Full Screen" scaling mode and checked the box that says "Override the scaling mode set by games and programs".

So, the resoultion looks right now, but I think the text is still a bit messed up. In the Config menu in-game, some of the words have weird spacing, like C U R S O R, etc. I guess there is something else I'm missing there.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
personally i had zero problems playing thru empire 2 back in february of 2016 using: default install of 64-bit windows 7, with system "locale" changed (via control panel) to Japan.

that's it. no fiddling with extra programs like AppLocale or anything. game worked perfectly. Same with empire 1 as well. Empire 1, strangely enough, is "slightly wonky looking" on my 32-bit w7 machine, but looks super crisp/better on the 64-bit w7 machine. both obviously using japan as region locale. no idea why, but Richard mentioned it almost definitely is related to some dumb detail regarding better usage (in the 64-bit install of w7 i have) better usage of the Windows Application Compatability set of "code".

sounds reasonable enough to me, so it's probably that. my 32-bit w7 machine is probably a few updates behind.

oh, you're not using w7? please stop right there and just go install it... NOTHING works, EVER, on w8/w10. ugh. hate 'em.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom