Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry Wizardry Empire II PLUS : Oujo no Isan - Legacy of the Princess for PC Translation - Completed!

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Wow, this is the best news. Thanks a lot for doing this.

:incline:

getter77

Augur
Such fantastic news---I bid you the utmost success on the remainder of the fight for the final 5% to get everything duly polished so that this may have an enduring shine indeed going forward for posterity as it so richly deserves.

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Still can't believe that this game didn't exist on the net 3 years ago :M
On an unrelated note, I've just bought 5 jap games with no presence whatsoever on the western web :shittydog:

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Ok, this is weird now. It's been over 24 hours since this glorious announcement and aweigh has still not commented!

Wherefore art thou, oh blobber fanatic? :M

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Also, regarding applocale. I understand it doesn't work in Windows10, so there's a handy program called 'Locale-Emulator', download here: https://github.com/xupefei/Locale-Emulator/releases

After you've installed and set up the LEGUI program, it adds an option on right clicking any .exe to run in the locale you want, (Japanese admin probably).

I can confirm it works and as it says on the translation DL page, without it the cursor position is all messed up. (And so maybe other stuff, but not delved into it really yet.)

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
i've been really busy!

thanks so much for your tremendous efforts MrRichard999.

I can honestly say that you are a big part of shaping my newfound love for the dungeon crawler genre and playing the eng translation Wiz Empire 2 is probably one of the biggest gaming highlights i've ever had. this game is truly a gem and i think the translation of it is probably the best service done to mankind since ever. Plus you did what no one does on the actual sites that are dedicated to translation efforts: you took the time to tell me what to do so thanks for that as well mang.

I firmly consider the dungoen design of Empire 2 to be the best I've ever played through. At first I was puzzled, I was even frustrated; until I realized that every single dungeon (well maybe not the third one) is hands down a motherfucking lesson in crawler design from Starfish studios. This was their second game with the Wizardry license and it was released originally in 2001, which btw is the same year Wiz8 was released (or 1 year later perhaps).

I just want to let that sink in because Wizardry 8, while a great game in its own right... when compared to this masterpiece of a Wizardry game becomes laughably simple. It's like Wiz 8 is the final fantasy: mystic quest to Empire 2's... well, Wizardry Empire 2.

some of you have seen the videos of my playing this game and the videos speak for themselves... i'm gonna slap on the new patch and record myself

The save games I linked you are at the post-game. BTW, I don't know if you got it yet but Gnilda's end-of-game speech was untranslated when I finished the game as well as the NPC immediately before her. I'll check to see if it's in english now. Btw, what's your situation on wiz-chronicle?

Helly
Are the games PC? How is the font situation on them? for god's sake man do share. For the moment I've put wizardry-emprie-3 (THREE) for PSP on "hold" as i cannot find ways to fix the font width. i have free time coming up (which is why i'm posting)... also have you had any time to do the empire-1 documents?

Last edited:

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Seeing as you're alive aweigh, any chance of re-upping the class requirement pic you had please? All the links in this thread are dead, and it seems hard af to find stuff about it on the net. I'm struggling with the keys as well, can't believe you've said nothing about the control scheme! It seems designed by Satan! So far I've got, cursors to move, space to enter, enter to cancel (!), tab to open the menu in the dungeon and M for the map. Can't find the strafe keys, if there are any. First job for me is getting on joytokey and mapping that shit to a controller. Wiz Empire 2: this game hates you so much they made the Enter key cancel.:cool:

this game is truly a gem and i think the translation of it is probably the best service done to mankind since ever.

Nobel prizes for MrRichard999 and Helly! In your face Isaac Newton and Einstein!
:brodex:

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
lol @ my Wizardry Empire 1 and 2 AutoHotkey scripts (WASD movement, Q/E cycling, etc) come alive if i'm browsing a codex thread with "Wizardry" in the title. p. amusing.

Sure let me go hop on the way back machine... 1 sec

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
empire-race-love_zpsdp8qlw5u.jpg

this link is 1 of the 2 good Wiz-Empire wiki/faq websites; in fact it's 1 of the ONLY 2 existing Wiz-Empire wiki/faq websites:
Fan site from japanese "person" named Babu - ( http://web.archive.org/web/20050209055831/http://babu.com/~dk-second/emp/ )
Link from same japanese "person" this time about empire 2 - ( http://web.archive.org/web/20050209055847/http://babu.com/~dk-second/emp2/ ). same deal that link is the wayback machine archive just translate in the site via Chrome right-click or paste that link into a translation website.

that link, as well as the second one i will post, is a link of the website's archive on the wayback machine. with eveyr day that passes both sites keep falling further into complete obscurity and off the machine's servers so enjoy it while it lasts! obviously once you click either that link or the next one just right-click on empty space of the website, if on Chrome, and click on "Translate this site", or alternatively paste that link above into google translate webpage. or read it in jap. whatever.

that 1st link is my go-to one for maps and race/class/item/etc information because the website is very well organized. however the "walkthrough", i.e. the text that accompanies each dungeon map that details the "trigger events" and how to get them, etc/secrets, is NOT as good or as intelligible as the text descriptions on the map pages of THIS following website... (however it's navigation is copmletely ass backwards and it took me quite a while to figure out how to properly navigate it. however this second site is the one that contains all of the hard-core nitty gritty details on empire 1/2. the first link also covers both games, btw.)

Fan site from japanese "person" named Mr. Faust (yep, a bona fide wiz-empire series fanboy tee hee. go play the game(s) to understand) - ( http://web.archive.org/web/20050216054608/http://homepage1.nifty.com/BQY00434/main.htm )

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
link to AutoHotkey executable (less than 5mb): https://autohotkey.com/download/ahk-install.exe

1. install that. completely forget about it forever as you don't need to run the program to use the scripts, only have it installed.
2. download the following two autohotkey scripts.
3. double-click them and they will appear on your systray. no further action required. they only activate when the games are launched.

wiz-empire-1 control remapping: https://www.dropbox.com/s/v8gy1nkbu4917us/AutoHotkey - Wizardry Empire 1.zip?dl=0
wiz-empire-2 control remapping: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m03yhv2wbhjpvbz/AutoHotkey - Wizardry Empire 2.zip?dl=0

controls for empire 1:

wasd = arrow keys, Q/E cycle inside inventory and in shopping menu, the letter "C" is your CANCEL key and it also opens the CAMP menu inside dungeons, the letter "F" opens the utility menu i.e. lockpicking, finding companions or accessing options or saving the game, and both ENTER and also NUMPAD-ENTER are your CONFIRMATION key.

controls for empire 2:

pretty much the same except that for whatever reason they didn't utilize two buttons for cycling and instead the six party members are mapped to f1-f6. I left that as is. wasd = movement, C is cancel/camp menu, enter/numpad-enter is confirmation key, F is utility menu, and new to empire 2 the TAB key (and also the "M" key) are a direct-usage of any DUMAPIC spells anyone may have or magic maps. It chooses the spell caster / item-holder randomly. Thankfully the game always utilizes DUMAPIC's first before beginning to access magic maps.

in empire 2 they added a strafing key (innovation!) and the default i think is right-shift or right-control i don't know it was dumb mapping so i put the strafing key on Q and E.

OH YES, VERY IMPORTANT: In both games you need to press ALT (in empire 1 it is right-alt, probably the same in empire 2) in order to bring up the item information box when you are inside your inventory. I didn't remap it. Finally in empire 2 you HAVE TO GO INTO THE OPTIONS AND CHANGE THE COMFIRMATION KEY TO ENTER INSTEAD OF "SPACEBAR". If you don't then the game gets dumb and splits the spacebar as BOTH cancel key AND confirmation in different menus. It's no big deal since I can't imagine anyone using anything other than ENTER as their wizardry confirm key... remember that holding it down moves you <( ' '<)

to disable party information screen in empire 2 press the arrow key down (if using my script, if not it's "S"), and in empire 1 to disable the party information screen press SPACEBAR.

I also did a simple one for Generation XTH: Code Hazard remapping arrow keys to WASD and cancel/CAMP to "C" and confirm key ot ENTER and cycle to Q/E if anyone wants the script. If you want to edit the key mappings in the autohotkey scripts it's as easy as opening them in notepad.

EDIT: IN EMPIRE 2 IF YOU SELECT MANIA MODE, WHICH IS IRON MAN MODE, THEN YOU CANNOT SAVE _OR_ SAVE & QUIT WHEN INSIDE DUNGEONS. THE GAME WILL HARD-SAVE INSTANTLY THE GAME STATE WHEN YOU ENTER AND EXIT A DUNGEON AND IT WILL INSTANTLY ERASE YOUR FILE IF YOU GET WIPED/TREASURE-FUCKED.

i.e. classic wizardry rules.

If you want to avoid total cheese try to restrain yourself from abusing the slightly OP werewolf race ^_^

you'll still get fucked in the post game tho. or from something like this...

or maybe like this...

or like this:

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
EDIT:
Screenshot%202016-05-27%2014.39.01_zps5lzdprs2.png

this is the best I could make it without looking into switching around the pointers for the words "Female" which is weaved into the control character for the character class Kunoichi (stupid japs and their wymen-hating!); the japanese character for Any/Auxillary (i.e. the character class Almighty is weaved into the control code character of the Auxilliary weapon grip word)--, and last but not least the japanese character for the Devilish race is entwined with the character class Mage...

Without moving pointers or whatever else I don't know about around that's p. much the best it'll look. I'm almost 100% sure this can be solved relatively easily it'll just require a lot of squinting at the monitor... you should download IDA if nothing else, if you only use it for 1 thing only it is that IDA shows you all the pointers no need to do hunt 'em. Especially with a PC game that is x86. different story otherwise.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
MrRichard999
the female/kunoichi, devilish/mage, Aux/Almighty class is very much present in your exe. see above. in any case it's not something really worth agonizing over. Here is irrefutable proof that what i am talking about is very much present:

Screenshot%202016-05-27%2012.37.13_zps9sdamvzb.png

- Notice the letter "A" at the end of the "Job" field? That is the "A" you entered for the Auxilliary hand grip for weapons.

- Also... notice the letter "F" sandwiched between some japanese characters in the Job field? That's right, it's the letter F from the abbreviation of Male and Female. So.... yeah, just wanted to make sure we're seeing the same things cos i'm about to wall-of-text. <(' '<)

Anyway, so how does one go about fixing that shenanigans?

here's what I understand of this situation:

1) the original japanese character for Kunoichi they used begins with the same glyph as the japanese character for Woman. The actual character class of Kunoichi when translated actually comes out as the word "Woman" or "Female".

2) The reason they did this is because, having that nice coincidence for them in their language with that word, now they can use only 1 pointer for both the Kunoichi character class and for the gender abbreviation character.

3) when we change these two japanese characters into english they become two different words, i.e. Kunoichi and in this case the letter "F", because we don't have any extra room to write anything more.

4) If you turn on code conversion in crystaltile2 you can see all of the hidden control characters, like for example the double-width word abbreviation they use for S U M, or for M A G, when in the relevant section you will notice that the last letter in all of the spell school double-width abbreviations are actually the control character that enables that spell school's functionality. EXAMPLE: Find the double-width spell school abbreviation for M A G and replace the double-width G with a double-width M... actually, it's better to find the character CLASS double-width word, for example A l c h e m i s t, and then find the pointer for that character class and guess what? you're going to see that the pointer for the word A l c h e m i s t has with it the control code character that is hidden underneath the "C" in A L C.

If i remember correctly in Empire-1 they used a lower-case l (L). Underneath the double-width C in A L C is a lower-case "l" that is setup with the pointer for the character class that USES the alchemy spell-school. I went ahead and changed that lower-case l into a lowercase "h", which in Empire-1 is the control character for the Psionics spell school abbreviated double-width word. I replaced the hidden l with an h and instant psionics spells for my mage. That was the first time I noticed the relationship between control characters and pointers.

5) so this means that in these examples these specific letters, be it the last G in M A G or the japanese character for woman/Kunoichi, the other important part of it is of course where in the hex those letters (or whatever) are placed. The strings have to be placed exactly where the pointer is pointing to. This is when I realized how massively one can fuck shit up just by merely translating from the japanese characters to english. All those pointers.

here i tried to get creative with the letters:
Screenshot%202016-05-27%2013.58.15_zpsahmhkojo.png

managed to get a ton of space for the hand grips, until i noticed that i'd pushed the that 2H/pointer/whatever quite far. is this an example of fixed space or of sequential? i don't know.

The other thing I've been finding very interesting is this relationship between sequential and fixed space strings. I'll post some pictures later because for whatever reason my interenet is slow.

i'm not really presenting this stuff as some sort of problem i'm interested in learning more that's all.

Last edited:

MrRichard999

Game re-worker!
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
UPDATED TO V0.952, ADDED SIGNIFICANT CHANGES :D

Updates since Version 0.952
- Fixed enemy names to now show when summoning them as allies.
- Fixed spell names and a few item names to make them more faithful to the Wizardry series (Thanks Aweigh!)
- Cleaned up item characteristics when brought up in the item menu (Press "i" while using an item)
- Some grammar fixes in the dialogue.

Updated patch link can be found on first post.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom