Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry Wizardry Empire II PLUS : Oujo no Isan - Legacy of the Princess for PC Translation - Completed!

Dorarnae

Arbiter
yeah that's the map. on first floor , I don't remember which corner, but there's a fix encounter with will o wisp.(if they didn't change it on pc)

and yeah 4th floor, maybe even third floor in the middle, is where it start to get crazy and annoying with monster draining level and beheading.
the 6th floor has a nice spot with 2 fixed encounter for farming, the ps1 version (dunno if it's just the good price version) has a problem though, one of these encounter will make the game crash if you try to run away.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
you know, one of the big main reasons why Elminage: Gothic is so difficult is because Starfish removed all the safety nets. Starfish has a tradition of more or less always including a fountain of healing plus a convenient monster-generator tile inside the b1f of the first dungeon. In elminage: original it is the statue of Avi.

this might seem like something not necessarily worthy of special consideration but if you stop and think about it you realize that by having these things in the beginning of the game it is incredibly easy for the player to accumulate as much money as he wants, and to train his initial party right up to to their second classes all without ever leaving the 1st dungeon. it is a HUGE advantage since Starfish's design philosophy seems to cater to attrition most of the time; i.e. they like filling the dungeons with big groups of enemies and around half-way through the game the groups get a bit smaller but every enemy/encounter can behead/disintegrate/group-paralyze/level-drain/group-petrify/armor-break/multiple-attack-turns-in-a-single-round/heal-themselves/etc.

they did include a fountain of healing in Gothic but absolutely no easy access to a monster generator like in some of their previous games/series. sure, i know there ARE some monster-tiles in Gothic, like the Locust Hole, but it is not as good for grinding as in their other games. And you have to trek on foot 3 goddamn floors, and obviously if you have teleport then you don't need to use it. There are the demons in the Sanctum but let's get real, ain't nobody got time for that! heh.

Dorarnae one more question: i'm having a tough time figuring out which weapons are better than others. IF the weapon has THACO 2, is that better than if it has THACO -2? because in Gothic (and Original) it is better and more accurate if the number is positive, i.e. THACO 2 (example).

i've been playing so far assuming it's the same way in this one but i really am not sure yet. damage varies a LOT.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Lol, now that's a devious combination. What was it, anyway? Darkness+spinner+pitfall?

Also: apparently Japan had a thing for nazis. :D (Or that Japanese symbol which was just the swastika in reverse).

Dorarnae

Arbiter
lol nice video.

yeah in elminage positive THAC is better, but in wizardry empire I think it's better when it's negative. I know in wizardry xth it was better to have negative THAC, and wizardry empire was made by the same guy..

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
it's so goddamn confusing. i keep looking at the item listings, right, to look at the thaco of the "ultimate end game items" and the numbers are aaaalll over the place. either they have thaco negative with super high # of atks, or the opposite. very few weapons with middle ground. that makes for good itemization sure... but it sure as fuck doesn't help me determine which thaco's better.

EDIT: from one of the wikis...

AC: the AC (armor class) is the evasion rate. It is a low about high performance.
THAC: THAC and (toe hit armor class) is the hit rate. It is a low about high performance.

gotta change all my weapons hah

Last edited:

Celerity

Takes 1337 hours to realise it's shit.
Village Idiot Possibly Retarded
You should probably assume old D&D rules (lower AC = better) for any Wizardry based game. The only ones that don't use THAC0 use standard defense stats (Forsaken Land). Not following anything else because excessive messages.

Celerity

That's what you get for making MOTHER FUCKING CELERITY SON a goddamned fairy. :troll:

Dorarnae

Arbiter
12669635_10153231310186010_2728165799644350990_n.jpg

just tried the game a little. heh
went with a full werebeast team 3 evil, 3 neutral.
looks like the game has a Iron man mode? I didn't know what was the difference when you choose which mode you play in the beginning, but looks like I can't save and it just auto save heh.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
duuuude, Starfish has some FUUUCKED UP sense of humor !!

I found a super badass helm called "HELM OF MALOR" (hint hint) with a staggering -10 AC. OBviously i put that bad boy on myself immediately. I only took _one_single_step_ and i was randomly teleported somewhere. I took another step without thinking and I immediately I receive:

YOUR PARTY HAS TELEPORTED INTO ROCK!

wow. bravo Starfish. bra-vo.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
well normal mode allows you to save in town (i.e. in the same screen where you choose the dungeon), and you can quit + save at any moment while inside a dungeon and resume your away-party exactly where they were.

i guess maniac mode performs saving just like the original wizardries 1-5, as in the game automatically hard-saves whenever you exit the dungeon. any time you visit the town boom it auto-saves.

if you want to make backups of your saves they are inside PROGRAM FILES > STARFISH > WIZetcetc, as a hidden folder. simply make hidden folders visible in your options and copy the SAVE folder somewhere.

EDIT: goddamn Dorarnae your LOVE BONUSES are insane. i'm seriously thinking of creating an entirely new party again. the benefits of having perfect racial harmony (hah) are too good to pass up. I believe it's something like every 3% above 100 the character gains +2 or +3 to each attribute. That is fucking insane. My current party all are at 90-100%, so no bonuses, but no penalties either.

dude imagine an entire group of dragon-kuns. they have highest str and vit by far, and with normal conditions their max is 22 for both, but with +8 or +10 from their loving embraces... oh man. 30 str, 30 vit ??? jesus. those HP gains would be ABSURD + the fact their breath attack gets better w/ more HP... and 30 str? just watch them land 10-20 fucking hits in melee. i think i'm gonna go do that.

edit: nope, won't work. the only race that loves itself, heh, are the wolfs. Elves, Gnomes and Dwarves love hobbits, humans love faeries, and faeries love humans. Werewolves ONLY love themselves, and hobbits love basically everybody.

Devilish, half-elves and dragonkun's don't love ANYONE, but on the plus side the don't hate much either. of all the races the only one that will never get love bonus or love penalty from any race combination is the Half-Elf. he doesn't give a shit. their stats are the same as Humans, too, so a team of all half-elves would basically be playing without love %.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected

how to read the table: Look at 6) Lower Beast (werewolves), and then look at the "6" column on the right. It says when they are with another of their own race they receive a +1. etc etc etc

you can increase the bonuses with the alignments, which you already know. POA = 1st game, LOP = wiz emp 2 legacy of princess. looking at the LOP alignment table you are correct in going half neutral, as then everyone gets a +1. jesus 6 werewolf race is straight up OP. GIMMIE GIMMIE

edit: ahaha devilish even hate themselves. they get -2 when with other devilish. the only race they get along with are fucknig gnomes. that's p. funny.

Last edited:

Celerity

Helm of Malor. That's amazing. Stealing that idea now. :troll:

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
holy fucking christ! dungeon #3 reeeeeeally turned it up to 11.

- each successive floor is filled with damage-tiles that take off 25% of everyone's health (seems to be percentage based as my 31 hp fairy mage doesn't die from them)
- the only way to proceed to the floors below the one you're on is by finding floor-chutes which, guess what? you can't have levitate activated on you or you don't fall... soooo that means you need to map out all of the damage-tiles (Pits) so that you can avoid them sans-Levitate until you find the chute-tile you need to progress.
- from floor b2f onwards of the 3rd dungeon everything i typed above applies, of course, except now the entire level is half dark-zone.
- from floor b3f onwards of this dungeon everything above applies, of course, except now in the dark-zone areas THERE ARE EXPLODING BOMB-TILES.

... wow. i am in AWE of Starfish. Gothic is much harder in terms of enemy A.I. and is much more sophisticated in every single way but its dungeons are motherfucking e-z bake oven in comparison to the masochistic orgy of the ones in wiz empire. All fucking hail starfish. goddamn.

edit: and of course, unlike the elminage series; empire does not allow saving at will.

Dorarnae

Arbiter
yeah wizardry empire 2 is quite hard. the other empire game are a lot easier dungeon wise. wiz empire 2 will eventually get easier once you get to the castle(but enemies get harder).

Celerity

My secret is out guys. I'm a Starfish dev, and I personally torture anyone who disrespects me (FUCKING FEMALE FAIRY MAGE RRAGH).

Would you like the cock rats, the ass rats, or the face rats for your next dungeon? I am feeling charitible. :troll:

Dorarnae

Arbiter
you're doing the castle now?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom