Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Wizardry Wizardry Empire II PLUS : Oujo no Isan - Legacy of the Princess for PC Translation - Completed!

Discussion in 'jRPG Weeaboo Discussion' started by MrRichard999, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Make America Great Again MrRichard999gender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

MrRichard999
    Parrots:
    Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    Click here and disable ads!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

CURRENT PROGRESS

COMPLETED! (ABOUT 98% COUNTING BUGS AND FIXES THAT MAY BE FOUND)

TESTED AND WORKS IN 64-BIT WINDOWS 7

CREDITS
    MRRICHARD999 - HACKING
    HELLY, RIKOREN, JINK640, & AGENTORANGE - TRANSLATIONS

PACNSACDAVE - GRAPHICAL EDITS
    AWEIGH -
    Helped in fixing up item menu and changed spell/item names to be more faithful to the series
    ThisNameIsFree - Changed the font to make it work better in dialogue boxes & inserted English graphics.

Here is a full beta release of the English EXE (Version 0.98). You can download it here on this site. -----> http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2318/

DO NOT APPLY UPDATES FROM THE WEBSITE AS THEY HAVE ALREADY BEEN APPLIED TO THE TRANSLATION PATCH!!!!!

Currently we believe we have 98% of the text completed but there may be imperfections, misspellings, and bugs which are currently being looked for during testing at the moment.

What remains to be done
    - Names of locations when in town on the ribbon banners at the top of the screen (Shouldn't handicap
    anyone from playing though..)

- Unknown things to be found during play-testing

ALSO WHEN RUNNING THIS BE SURE TO RUN MICROSOFT APPLOCALE AS A PRELOADER AS THE FONT WILL NOT BE CORRECTLY DISPLAYED AND WILL ALSO EFFECT ENTRY OF LETTERS ON PROMPT MENUS IN THE GAME!!

WHEN PLAYING THE GAME, YOU MUST GO INTO THE CONFIGURATION AND ENABLE THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE OR ELSE THINGS WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED PROPERLY. SEE THE IMAGE BELOW FOR AN EXAMPLE.

[​IMG]

FOR THOSE HAVING TROUBLE ENTERING ENGLISH LETTERS FOR NAMES, SEE THE PICTURE BELOW AND CLICK ON THE ARROWS WHEN ON THESE SCREENS TO TAKE YOU TO THE ENGLISH LETTERS. YOU CAN USE THE KEYBOARD AND TYPE IN WHAT YOU NEED TO USE AND HOLD SHIFT FOR CAPITALS. CURRENTLY THERE ARE SOME ISSUES WITH CLICKING THE LETTERS DUE TO THE FONT RESIZING. WE ARE CURRENTLY ADDRESSING THIS ISSUE AT THE MOMENT SO PLEASE BE PATIENT.

[​IMG]

ALSO DO NOT APPLY THE UPDATE FROM THE WEBSITE AS THIS HAS BEEN UPDATED ALREADY AS THE EXE WAS THE ONLY THING TO HAVE BEEN MODIFIED.

If you happen to find anything please feel free to contact MrRichard999 and supply screenshots if you have them.

Enjoy the translation!

IF ANYBODY HAS PLAYED THIS OR OWNS A COPY AND HAS ANY SAVE FILES/DATA THAT THEY COULD SEND US PLEASE LET US KNOW!!

-NOTE ABOUT SAVED GAMES

IF YOU PREVIOUSLY PLAYED A GAME BEFORE WITHOUT USING APPLOCALE AND STARTED TO USE IT, YOU MAY
    NOTICE THE SAVED FILES ARE GONE, THIS CAN BE FIXED BY GOING INTO THE SAVE DIRECTORY WHICH
    IS HIDDEN IN THE INSTALLATION FOLDER AND SIMPLY RENAMING THE SAVED FILES WITH REGULAR
    CHARACTERS. THEY WILL THEN SHOW UP WHEN YOU LOAD THEM WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS!

Updates since Version 0.951
    - Fixed weapons names used in battle as some were missed
    - Eliminated &'s from dialogue as they left Underscores in the text.
    - Corrected introduction text at the castle.

Updates since Version 0.952
    - Fixed enemy names to now show when summoning them as allies.
    - Fixed spell names and a few item names to make them more faithful to the Wizardry series (Thanks Aweigh!)
    - Cleaned up item characteristics when brought up in the item menu (Press "i" while using an item)
    - Some grammar fixes in the dialogue.

Updates since Version 0.953
    - Font has been changed to better fit in the dialogue boxes thanks to ThisNameIsFree
    - Few corrections in dialogues.

Updates since Version 0.98
    - Insertion of English graphics for maps, SPEEL correction, and clickable buttons when entering characters are in English now.

Also I posted below the home page of the games website and also where you can purchase your own copy on Amazon as well for those who wish to have the disc and original content.

Game Home Page ------> http://www.s-f.co.jp/soft/pc/wizpc2/wiz2plus.html

The Original Japanese copies can be bought here ----> http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00027LDFC?tag=starfish0c-22&camp=243&creative=1615&linkCode=as1&creativeASIN=B00027LDFC&adid=1XD4GXSXTR6TYMG08YNP&&usg=ALkJrhgszib45itWinVwRb-qn_Qgs4SVUg

Treasure Japan - Japanese Proxy Service for those who wish to order from the site above or other vendors in Japan that wont ship to the states! -----> https://treasure-japan.com/

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
    • Brofist Brofist x 34
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. spekkiogender: ⚧ Arcane

spekkio
    Parrots:
    Great job as always, Richard-sensei.

:desu:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. CryptRatgender: ⚧ Arcane

CryptRat
    Parrots:
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  4. Make America Great Again MrRichard999gender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

MrRichard999
    Parrots:
    Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    Thanks :) Hopefully we will have this started either by the summer or slightly before then. In the mean time I got school work and two other projects to finish up :(

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  5. TigerKneegender: ⚧ Prophet

TigerKnee
    Parrots:
    Somehow I think this is one Wiz game that not many people is going to appreciate the translation of...

Unless, you know...

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Make America Great Again MrRichard999gender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

MrRichard999
    Parrots:
    I feel pretty good about doing this project in that it will be one that any Wizardry fan will appreciate. it doesn't have too much of that "anime" influence and especially the fact that it is on PC where you can use a mouse like old school games like eye of the beholder. This is something that any old school first person dungeon crawler will appreciate! Its got great graphics, sound, and the fact that the last Wizardry game that was released on PC was 8, this is a nice addition to any PC owner to have!

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    ^ Top  
  7. Make America Great Again MrRichard999gender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

MrRichard999
    Parrots:
    Added some photos & progress chart. Actually did a bunch of work to it today :D Translations are currently underway!

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  8. Make America Great Again Hellygender: ⚧ Translating for brofists Patron

Helly
    Parrots:
    Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Man, so much to translate, so little time :M
    I'll scan the manual soon.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  9. Make America Great Again MrRichard999gender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

MrRichard999
    Parrots:
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  10. Make America Great Again MrRichard999gender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

MrRichard999
    Parrots:
    I thought I was going to release Wizardry Chronicle first but after looking at the work each one needed, I decided to finish off this one first as it was closer to completion. We just finished off all the dungeon dialogue which was the majority of the game. Right now we are going through a few small things here and there and also need to complete the Mondot Door riddle dialogues as well. This could be out real soon depending on how fast everything goes so expect a release very soon! :D

• Brofist Brofist x 14
    ^ Top  
  11. aweighgender: ⚧ Arcane

aweigh
    Parrots:
    you're the man, man. there are not enough brofists!

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  12. getter77gender: ⚧ Augur

getter77
    Parrots:
    Fine news to ring in the new year with indeed.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  13. aweighgender: ⚧ Arcane

aweigh
    Parrots:
    i'm just going to say this straight up: i have no legitimate way of ordering the game (my credit is chapter 11) and i also do not wish to spend money on buying or much less importing it. i searched for a way to torrent or download from a sharing site the windows ISO of the game's 2002 release but i gave up aftre a couple of days trying. the only version that pops up is the ps1 version.

in fact if you just put in the game's title, wizardry empire 2 + windows + starfish, the only links google spits out initially are the translation project discussions in this website from Mr. Richard (god bless him!).

so tl;dr would anyone care to link me towards an iso of this game so i can play mr. richard's translation? i'm sure many, many others here are in the same position as myself; it would allow the efforts gone into translating the game to bear more fruit if the people downloading it could also download the game itself. we're all adults here and whoever was gonna download a game in the first place is going to do it no matter what, and whoever wants to buy it will buy it no matter what. let's not start any sort of ethical discussion pls, just links or pm's.

edit: if it's worry over starfish's retirement money that is in play here then at least i can assure you that i bought elminage gothic on steam for a grand total of 2.99 usd. so they've got at least something from me :) :) :)

^ Top  
  14. Courtiergender: ⚧ Prophet

Courtier
    Parrots:
    Oh I don't think we have to worry about a single Codexer playing it. I was about to purchase, but then I checked the links.

I can buy every localized Wizardry-based title released in the past few years with that. If I get them secondhand, I'll have some change for those coming out in 2016. Not a poorfag, but $135 excluding import costs is not a reasonable price for a blobber like this. Has nobody checked the original price? It was 5040 yen ($40) which I would gladly lay down. But now it is only being (re)sold for exorbitant prices and sold out everywhere but amazon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. aweighgender: ⚧ Arcane

aweigh
    Parrots:
  16. Make America Great Again Hellygender: ⚧ Translating for brofists Patron

Helly
    Parrots:
    Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    I bought it in japan two years ago for 30$ in a second hand shop +M

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  17. Siveongender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Siveon
    Parrots:
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Lucky bastard.

Care to...*ahem* share it with us? In a PM, perhaps?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. aweighgender: ⚧ Arcane

aweigh
    Parrots:
    Good news folks, Dorarnae linked me to a very old wikia-style website about the PS2 version of this game and because i had been spending the majority of my energy in poring over the broken links and the dungeon maps i completely failed to notice that the person who made the website has an entire section with ALL of the game's riddle's explained and answer provided.

It is extremely explicit: while playing when you encounter Mondot skim the body of what he's asking you, as usually this will include things like symbols or numbers or words in english (yes the original game's riddles feature a lot of english language) and then just cross-reference with the solutions in the website. Whether you need to enter the answer in uppercase or lowercase or roman numeral or arabic number or if the answer is only correct in english or in japanese is _explicitely_ mentioned in the riddle solutions. They riddles are all random so if you get one that's incromprehensible and you can't find its answer in the site, leave and talk to Mondot again until you get one with numbers or something.

link: http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=2&hl=en&prev=/search?q=%E3%82%A6%E3%82%A3%E3%82%B6%E3%83%BC%E3%83%89%E3%83%AA%E3%82%A3+%E3%82%A8%E3%83%B3%E3%83%91%E3%82%A4%E3%82%A2II+%EF%BD%9E%E7%8E%8B%E5%A5%B3%E3%81%AE%E9%81%BA%E7%94%A3%EF%BD%9E+walkthrough&start=10&sa=N&biw=1920&bih=961&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ja&u=http://web.archive.org/web/20050218000211/http://homepage1.nifty.com/BQY00434/em2/event.htm&usg=ALkJrhi3_lNZPV8HVzuRRWb2-eC5tzlEew

------------------------------------------------------------------------- the relevant stuff here ---------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ fuck you mondot -----------------------------------------------------------

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  19. aweighgender: ⚧ Arcane

aweigh
    Parrots:
    ...btw the actual site itself has everything properly formatted. i didn't notice how mangled my copy/paste ended up.

^ Top  
  20. Make America Great Again MrRichard999gender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

MrRichard999
    Parrots:
    FULLY AGREED! :D

^ Top  
  21. aweighgender: ⚧ Arcane

aweigh
    Parrots:
    actually it turns out the entire thing is even easier! each riddle is numbered. so while they are all random Mondot will always begin with the arabic numbers for that riddle, i.e. riddle #12, for example, and it's usually the only western numerals sandwiched inside a lot of japanese text.

the riddle-answers are numbered as well, it's as simple as that! the only ones that might be tricky are the ones that require the answer to be entered in japanese. it doesn't seem like that'll be a problem tho, as so far like 7/10 times the riddle answer is always a combination of numbers, an english name (like for example "THURSDAY") or a some squares and triangles one after the other. i'm almost done now finishing the grotto and it does indeed appear that critical-path progression is completely dependant on going through at least one of those doors while inside a dungeon. some are completely optional.

heh, i thought it was gonna be a piece of cake to finish up the grotto just answer the riddle and get to the area i've yet to explore but of course i forgot, this be japan we're dealing with :) the area i finally got to is a huge dark-zone filled with pits, anti-magic tiles and _exploding tiles_ that will wipe your party out in a hurry if you don't navigate in the dark perfectly.

heh. i admit, it's challenging but it's incredibly addictive. i think the only other wizardry in the history of the series to have a mine-field inside a dark-zone was... wiz 4. !!!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. aweighgender: ⚧ Arcane

aweigh
    Parrots:
    maaaan Starfish really put the ADT LOCK-DOWN on the goddamn save files! not only is the save folder hidden but it absolutely, positively refuses to accept ANY change done via hex editing.

i just spent the last 1 hour and a half or so creating test characters in the game then saving and quitting in order to compare the values with the characters already inside my current party: you know basic amateur stuff comparing offsets, etc, trial and error approach.

my goal is/was to find which offset houses the value for the gender/race and/or gender/race/class, (in Elminage there is one byte for gender AND race, and another one seperate for class and alignment); even after finding a bunch of likely candidates changing the values, even simply changing one guy's to match the same as another guys, i.e. safe stuff, and the game refuses to recognize an edited save file.

i dunno maybe i just suck :(

^ Top  
  23. aweighgender: ⚧ Arcane

aweigh
    Parrots:
    Dorarnae

hey man, so what was your party setup and classes in wiz empire? (any of them, 1, 2, 3, whichever they all use the same system)

just looking for tips on how to start setting up a good end-game party. like for example in Elminage series a very very very good important step for end-game party building is in the beginning of the game to have at least 2 characters max out the Alchemy spell school, then switch those 2 over to mage/priest/bishops, for having maximum usefulness in magic selection. (personally i prefer grinding THREE alchemists in the beginning and then changing 1 to mage, another to priest and the final one to bishop).

however due to the LOVE % system diluting some of my chars attribute scores (or in the case of the hobbit thief skyrocketing his to OP numbers!) it becomes harder than in Elminage series to class change when you want to. Also because mix of evil/good chars in same party affects LOVE % as well makes it hard to achieve the requirements for class change. So when i do eventually change everyone into their second class it has to be really good choice so i ask for advice :)

^ Top  
  24. Dorarnaegender: ⚧ Learned

Dorarnae
    Parrots:
    the tip I can give for Wizardry empire 2 to help with the game is: the castle map, the monster on 4th floor i think and below are quite crazy and grinding random area will take a long time. there's a fixed encounter(if it's the same thing as the ps1 version) on the 1st floor of the castle map that always give willow wisp monster, you need some weapon to be able to hit them (some bow I think), but killing them gives good exp.
    what you need is to get a character high enough with some alch or psy spell (I dont remember which line it is, but the skill you need is Chest).
    once your character is/are high enough, you can use chest on the monster below. You won't earn any exp doing that, but at least you still get the chest, so you can upgrade your gear and also sell it and trade your money for exp.

other than that, to be honest I didn't really class changed before reaching the castle...
    I think with Wiz2 the party I had was 6 werebeast, 3 evil and 3 neutral.

with Wiz1 it was 6 hobbit evil. because you don't have werebeast in the beginning(you have to unlock it).

as for wiz 3, I probably went full hobbit too, the game isn't very long/hard(post game included), you can do it without class changing. there's a fixed encounter on one floor that gives good exp and is easy.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. aweighgender: ⚧ Arcane

aweigh
    Parrots:
    i assume you mean this castle?

[​IMG]

that's actually a photo of the first floor of that dungeon. here is a photo of the fourth floor:

[​IMG]

man, thanks a ton for that tip. i just cleared the first dungeon, the grotto, with the boss Judah the king thief. My party all hated each other's guts and all had like 50-60 % love and it sucked so i said FUCK DIS SHIT TIME TO MAKE A NEW PARTY. i made:

- 2 human fighters
    - 1 hobbit thief (he is the glue that brings everyone together!)
    - 1 gnome priest
    - 1 fairy mage
    - 1 dragon-kun bishop

i checked carefully all the compatability of each race in the wiki website from where i got those maps. i was very careful gave it a lot of thought which combination of races would all fit in the same party and NOT dislike someone else...

- hobbit is universal everyone loves those midgets apparently
    - humans are only disliked by werewolf-race and devilish and are loved by faeries
    - gnomes get along with everyone except devilish and dwarf and elf
    - faeries get along best with humans but are average compatability with other races but they hate the "bad" races like werewolf/devilish
    - dragon-race is very surprising they don't have beef with anyone! very nice surprise there. i think they only dislike elves if i remember correctly.

very happy with my new party. now everyone has 90-100% love relationship with each other, and no one has negative attributes. however i have to grind them up a few more levels before continuing on to 2nd dungeon. right now i am using the junk-pile in b1f first floor of first dungeon; the spot where you can use SEARCH and sometimes get an item or get a friendly enemy or a regular enemy. you can keep generating encounters there forever. good source of money too.

however i wish i had simply done what you did with your 6 werewolves... they are by far the best race! i didn't even think to make all 6 the same race :|

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)