Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Wizardry 8 Enhancements - A Call to Arms!

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Got any shots with lighting? I'd like to see that shit.
Beyond that? Where will you put this tomb? In the wilderness outside Rapax Rift?

Kaucukovnik

Cipher
I haven't started any lighting yet, all test runs so far were more along the lines "does the geometry import correctly?" or "won't the game crash while loading the area?". But hopefully the area will be playable (or at least walkable) within a few days. Being limited by an older engine helps, because I can't get carried away adding detailed eye-candy all the time.

And I'm going to put this in the graveyard, which sorely lacked some true crypt or tomb. But entrance will be granted much later. Gotta make some spectacular entrance to tease players as much as possible. :)

Kaucukovnik

Cipher
Hooray! The interior design is done.

A quick show-off (with some SPOILERS of the gameplay):

The traps are done through (missing) collision only.
Some flame particles don't show up, gotta find out why.

I'm going to have a cult of summoners settled there to perform their horrible evil rituals of necromancy and demonology.
Good idea about the spirit, but it won't definitely be all that easy. Maybe the item needed for cleansing can be changed for some late-game find.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Look very good, if it's going to be an end-game area perhaps a key could be found in the Death Lord tomb in Mt Wilderness?

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
That looks great Kaucukovnik !

And since we're talking about Wiz8 enhancements, what I would really like is a widescreen hack.

Kaucukovnik

Cipher
I'm afraid Wizardry is too stubborn to change its rendering ways. About a year ago I was trying to force it into a window (to be able to browse web during fights :M) and I failed miserably. The only advised workaround I have seen for widescreen is setting your desktop resolution to 4:3 and the game should follow correctly.

Currently redoing the textures to suit Wizardry more - they will have more painted appearance.

What do you guys think about deathtraps? Unpredictable? I'd like some interestig insta deaths, because I save often. :) Dunno about Iron men, if it was for me to decide, I'd ban them altogether.

Cosmo

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Whatever you decide, do something that suits the place and the story.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
I'm afraid Wizardry is too stubborn to change its rendering ways. About a year ago I was trying to force it into a window (to be able to browse web during fights :M) and I failed miserably.
Uh? The only thing you need to do to play it in a window is to press ctrl+f12. You have to do it when you load a game though, not in the main menu.

Kaucukovnik

Cipher
Uh? The only thing you need to do to play it in a window is to press ctrl+f12. You have to do it when you load a game though, not in the main menu.

You gotta be kidding me! I tried several EXTERNAL UTILITIES to no avail...so simple...my brain hurts...
picard-facepalm.jpg

By the way, what about the problem with settings not saving you had earlier, did you resolve that?

Rpgsaurus Rex

Hooray! The interior design is done.

A quick show-off (with some SPOILERS of the gameplay):

The traps are done through (missing) collision only.
Some flame particles don't show up, gotta find out why.

I'm going to have a cult of summoners settled there to perform their horrible evil rituals of necromancy and demonology.
Good idea about the spirit, but it won't definitely be all that easy. Maybe the item needed for cleansing can be changed for some late-game find.

Excellent work btw. I am excite.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
By the way, what about the problem with settings not saving you had earlier, did you resolve that?
Been away from my gaming PC for a while, but since noone else is reporting this then this has to be something else than your mod.

Kaucukovnik

Cipher
I'd like to have additional music, but again...consistency. So more music by Kevin Manthei would be preferable, I love his part of Vampire: Redemption OST (sure, the modern day half has some killer tracks as well). Any other tips? I'll probably ask him for permission at some point.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Found another mob that slows my game to a crawl - the alligators. Only when the combat is initiated though.

Kaucukovnik

Cipher
I found an error in both crocodile .mls files. I forgot to set fast animation speed for Dodge. Weird if it really is the cause. Try this:
http://www.mediafire.com/?dog0vdg9td6m96e

I'll look around my saves and go hunt some crocs & test.

New crypt textures:
0f18b9ebdd9669aa9f9273daedeeaa6bfb82456ad166ae570b002fb037a0b8d46g.jpg

Currently figuring out sound effects for dynamic objects, which turned out to be quite a nightmare. But that should be the last major roadblock before finishing at least the first new area.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Thanks! Will check the croc fix, though I'm not sure if I'll be meeting any of these soon.

And the crypt looks great!

One more suggestion for the mod - some additional graphics for mace&flail weapons. Most of them have the same, ugly icon.

I found many of the changed/rebalanced items and so far no issues.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom