Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Wizardry 8 Enhancements - A Call to Arms!

DraQ

Arcane
Zdzisiu
Was it helpful (Y/N/KC)?
Thanks but it did not fix my problems. I already had .Net 4.5.1 installed. I even uninstalled it and reinstalled a fresh copy from MS, the same error still occurs when I try to run the wiz8+.exe
Have you tried uninstalling it and running without to see if it's even the culprit?

I own the old pre-patch potato version (the one that needed the patch to be beatable because polish fonts), so I won't necessarily be able to find the right solution.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Zdzisiu
Was it helpful (Y/N/KC)?
Thanks but it did not fix my problems. I already had .Net 4.5.1 installed. I even uninstalled it and reinstalled a fresh copy from MS, the same error still occurs when I try to run the wiz8+.exe
Have you tried uninstalling it and running without to see if it's even the culprit?

I own the old pre-patch potato version (the one that needed the patch to be beatable because polish fonts), so I won't necessarily be able to find the right solution.
Ok, I will try running it without .Net in a second.

I used to own the Potato CD version, the same as you, but it got lost when I was moving and shit.

Edit: Nope, running it without .Net changes nothing, still the same error when I try to run wiz8+.exe so .Net is not the issue here.

DraQ

Arcane
Zdzisiu
Was it helpful (Y/N/KC)?

Ok, I will try running it without .Net in a second.

I used to own the Potato CD version, the same as you, but it got lost when I was moving and shit.

Edit: Nope, running it without .Net changes nothing, still the same error when I try to run wiz8+.exe so .Net is not the issue here.
Ok, so you can at least strike this one thing out.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I've been staying busy with other games and checking on this thread every once in a while.

What's the overall status on this so far. I see you have version 0.9 in the OP. Does that mean you are getting close to your first numbered release of this mod?

WaltC333

Novice
The link in the OP contains the newest released version.

.90 Working for for me in Win10--all builds so far. No conflicts with .NET whatever. Now on build 10130--built an .iso from the .esd's Microsoft released. Thanks for all of your work, K. I've been keeping up here for the last year or two and checking in regularly. Looking forward to the 1.0 version...Wiz8 is one of those games with a unique sort of charm all its own...Glad to see someone still working with it!

Last edited:

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
I'm playing the latest version on Win7 right now.

Planning to do a complete play through and will post any bugs I find.

So far:

1. Game likes to crash during area transitions, but not very often (had like 5 crashes and I did Monastery, Arnika, first few Umpani quests and about half of Trynton). Also, it's the first time I'm running Wiz8 on this machine so don't even know if that's mod related at all. Apart from that this build seems actually more stable than vanilla, where I always had frequent crashes when quick loading.
2. There are quite a lot cropping issues with the weapon icons in the inventory and on the sidebars in the main view, this doesn't concern only new icons, but some old ones as well (for example enchanted katana for my samurai).

Personal notes:

1. All the new icons added in the initial builds were really great, but some of the new ones... aren't. For example some of the new mace icons: flail, stun mace. Looks really our of place, especially compared to the rest of the new content.
2. Please do make all the class changes an optional component, preferably individual for each class.

Last edited:

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
After running all over Mt Gigas power station with detect secret I still could not find the x-ray chip. Was it added for sure? Also, I found a second Ptorch in the unexplored section of mt gigas caves, in one of the water pit you jump into and then have to climb out using a rope. So back to the same problem as last version, 2 Ptorches and no chip. :p
Was this issue ever fixed. I've explored entirety of Mt.Gigas except for colonel's quarters and no x-ray chip. There wasn't second ptorch in caves either, though. I need that x-ray scanner, goddammit! Is there any way to add it via cheats or smth?

TigerKnee

Arcane
Any chances on getting the 7z file of the latest version of the mod any time soon? I'm also getting a "Floating Point Division By Zero" error when I used the installer

townltu

Novice
Any chances on getting the 7z file of the latest version of the mod any time soon? I'm also getting a "Floating Point Division By Zero" error when I used the installer
Get access to a PC with Win7 or later where the installers background pic should not lead to a crash when you run it,
extract the archive there e.g. to a thumb drive, from where you can transfer it to your own PC.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
if i found vanilla hard to be "normal" should i also play on hard when using this mod? or should i play in normal difficulty?

TigerKnee

Arcane
I don't think adjusting difficulty happened in this mod yet so it should be same as Vanilla in that department

moraes

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The only thing that should affect difficulty albeit in a negligible degree is the slight upgrade to direct damage spells.

Poseidon

Educated
Any development still going on? I've been observing the thread for over a year, waiting for a release that is maybe a bit more ironed out. I finally succumbed to registering, seeing the the lack of activity in the last few months :P

Kaucukovnik

Cipher
Hell yeah! For a long time there was nothing of immediate interest to post about, but I'm currently in the process of exporting the dwarven city from Blender into the game. Here are some screenshots:

yzk0ww77k3vwk0q6g.jpg

ne9noolg7w42rcl6g.jpg

399m2t693yjakc36g.jpg

ay3fk528a84thcm6g.jpg

4j0b9nceeb8o7mv6g.jpg

b3gafa3u4c4d4f66g.jpg

jcb852c74a5z4ho6g.jpg

cs2csdr709a7gs76g.jpg

Right now I need to import remaining geometry, about 13k triangles out of 100k, but mostly small things so it's pretty tedious. Then finish lighting, model appropriate light sources and import them and the area will be ready for finally adding some gameplay.

This means more than one person will be able to work on the mod, so I'll try to recruit somebody. That someone could start working on NPCs and quests, while I model the next area. Since I gave up on game graphics as source of income and decided to keep it an untainted hobby, I'll be dedicating more time to Wizardry 8.

I'll edit the first post to add details and a downloadable preview of this new area.

Kaucukovnik

Cipher
Okay, updated the thread OP.

Test version download
Unpack the content of the archive in your Wizardry 8 clean install Levels subdirectory, start a new game, turn around and walk into the waterfall.

There are gaps, not all textures are in yet and lighting is far from finished. But I'm just so happy I can finally walk around there and hear my footsteps' echo in the caverns, i had to share.

Might as well tag some people... townltu , DraQ , Shadenuat , Poseidon

Kaucukovnik

Cipher
The town is more or less finished, and the mining area underneath has been added. It's kind of a speed map, took only six days, but it has a lot less detail and bigger polygons all over the place. Still not completely happy with the maps, but I'm leaving them as they are for now, you can walk around them or try to add some gameplay to them. If you are interested, I can supply you with some ideas and plot hooks of mine, as well as model additional stuff people may come up with.

Here are the files:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/14kpe64fk3r4og7/Wiz8-DwarvenMines-RawLevels.7z

Again, unpack in your Wiz8\Levels directory and walk into the waterfall behind you right at the start of the game. I suggest picking only Sslar for your party to walk around, the new area is rather large and physically lesser beings get tired quickly.
Some images:
yvhf4l131iiqf346g.jpg

7pixrl0w77h0w5a6g.jpg

sm5ch6hzhiab7st6g.jpg

1xgsahvx4vj58jb6g.jpg

Last edited:

Elzair

Cipher
Does this mod incorporate faster movement or do I need to use wizfast for that?

Black

Arcane
Fuck me, posted wrong pic. I combined 2 regular daggers and instead of getting a doublestrike dagger I got one that's not usable by anyone.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom