Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

1eyedking Witcher 3 vs Fallout 4

Which is more shitty Witcher 3 or Fallout 4?

• Witcher 3

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Fallout 4

Votes: 101 65.6%
  • Both are equally shitty

Votes: 19 12.3%
  • KingComrade

Votes: 28 18.2%

• Total voters

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
GC8cjTo.jpg

YOU THINK I'LL EVER FORGET AP? YOU'LL RUE THE DAY YOU DOUBLE-CROSSED THE PHAGINATOR!

You phaggot, you never called me for years and now when I innocently fisted some random shitposter you're suddenly up in arms. Is this how you treat (supposed) bros? :x :negative:

Nah dog! You never called me! And you brofisted a post calling me a phaggot! (which admittedly I am) :negative:

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
Interesting. A bunch of 0/10 user reviews on metacritic compared Fallout 4 to Witcher 3 saying stuff like

Wake up Besthesda - it's 2015
With RPG such as Witcher 3 released - I can't understand how Besthesda can release this trash
Compared to Witcher 3 - this game is manure

What I would like to know is what sort of personality type likes both Witcher 3 and Fallout 4?

Personally I think this thread should be renamed to Bethesda > Bioware

On point, having played a bit of Fallout 4 and none of Witcher 3 - I can summarise

Fallout 4 is game -
Witcher 3 can't be played

anus_pounder

Arcane

YOU THINK I'LL EVER FORGET AP? YOU'LL RUE THE DAY YOU DOUBLE-CROSSED THE PHAGINATOR!

You phaggot, you never called me for years and now when I innocently fisted some random shitposter you're suddenly up in arms. Is this how you treat (supposed) bros? :x :negative:

Nah dog! You never called me! And you brofisted a post calling me a phaggot! (which admittedly I am) :negative:

Fine! Be that way. I-its not like I miss you or anything! :baka:

Witcher 3 is ok as an action rpg an has nice writting, you will only find big problems with the game if you do a codexian review (everything is shit).
With Fallout 4 even the console kids can see that outside a few elements the game is crap.

Also Wicther 3 has hot waifus&daughteru, so fuck you.

Last edited:

Rake

Arcane
I wonder how many pages you would have writen if you had liked the game...
:philosoraptor:

Last edited:

Doktor Best

Arcane
Dednaem just described the problem of every single crpg in history. Also your plot summary is funny, but it also shows how true the game is to the books, because they also mix those silly/lighthearted moments between geralt and the gang with grimdarkness of a political radical fantasyworld. The whole fucking mainseries of the book is basically a roadmovie in fantasybook form. You dont like it? Hmkay, then Witcher isnt for you, but that doesnt mean that the pacing is objectively bad.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
Many of those points are valid.

The Novigrad storyline especially deserves a fair share of criticism, as it indeed has plenty of elements that are first introduced and then almost immediately forgotten, which could've been vastly improved with a few alterations.

I agree that the main story doesn't really support screwing around doing side quests, and that the main story could've been a bit less linear in places and allowed you to talk to random people about Ciri, at least in Velen.

The main villain and the ending were certainly handled poorly, and I hated the way the crones were turned from ancient, incredibly powerful beings into something that Ciri can rather easily fight on her own. Even according to Geralt a single elf is apparently more dangerous than the three crones combined. But then again, pretty much the whole main storyline is a bit of a mess after you find Ciri, even if many of the individual quests are good.

There are many things that I disagree on, or which are plain wrong. Here are just a few randomly selected ones:

A lot of that is rather typical video game logic that applies to pretty much every game, like Emhyr sending Geralt out on his own, everyone wanting Geralt's help and the Baron requesting some favors from Geralt in exchange for information on Ciri. Yeah, it's kind of stupid, whatever. If anything, TW3 is better than average in this regard as Geralt is pretty much just doing his job instead of helping random people out for no real reason at all.

The amount of content isn't a problem, as the backstories behind even small side quests are pretty much as well-developed as in any game. The problem is rather in the fact that there are too few people to talk to aside from merchants and quest-givers. Two or three flavour characters per town might've done wonders.

Don't understand the complaint about the longevity of mages and witchers. Powerful rulers tend to keep mages at their side (or, at least, used to), but becoming one is something only very few people can do. Witcher mutations make you sterile and have a high chance of killing you, so not a great choice for a monarch.

Jumping between worlds isn't some basic knowledge, and only a few people have the ability to do it in any way. Avallac'h's knowledge is way beyond that of the human mages in this matter. The Aen Elle elves do have this knowledge, though, and they do also use it.

The tree spirit isn't actually druid, it's the mother of the crones (according to She Who Knows, at least), and the crones did kill her. It's her soul that is trapped.

Botchlings, like any other curse in the Witcher's world, probably only appear in extreme conditions despite Geralt being quite vague about it. In this case the mother made a deal with the crones to rid herself of the child, which is probably a bit more severe than some accidental pregnancy that results from careless drunken fun or even rape.

Still, it's a respectable wall of text, and I approve of the fact that you can almost smell the rage.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Its a funny text yes but well, all in all hes just being an edgy prick, because despite all his hate, he enjoyed the game enough to go through the whole 80-120 hour playthrough. Ofcourse only to make sure the game sucks as much as he figured right from the beginning.

gestalt11

Arbiter
Interesting. A bunch of 0/10 user reviews on metacritic compared Fallout 4 to Witcher 3 saying stuff like

Wake up Besthesda - it's 2015
With RPG such as Witcher 3 released - I can't understand how Besthesda can release this trash
Compared to Witcher 3 - this game is manure

What I would like to know is what sort of personality type likes both Witcher 3 and Fallout 4?

Personally I think this thread should be renamed to Bethesda > Bioware

On point, having played a bit of Fallout 4 and none of Witcher 3 - I can summarise

Fallout 4 is game -
Witcher 3 can't be played

Bethesda is better than Bioware currently. But that is like saying mud is better than shit. Technically true, and for me actually quite a relative difference. Bethesda games are always very flawed but they are at least OK as games etc. Bioware just lays steaming piles of shit now.

Its interesting that even though AngryJoe was literally almost addicted to the Fallout 4 he still gave it an 8/10 and would have given it a 7/10 except he just liked playing it too much. That is interesting because its a similar response that many of my co-workers have (I am in IT so a lot of gamers around) they just find the game fun and it "grabs" them. Bioware games are just preachy shit with downright stupid writing. They actually actively turn people off. Bethesda games are filled with bugs and still use a shit engine and everyone knows it and has known for multiple game releases but they still find the game fun and know there will be a lot of mods anyway. Same reviewer gave Witcher a 10/10 (9/10 for consoles), even though I doubt he actually like playing the game more (probably about the same), he simply felt he had to give it that because Witcher is simply less flawed and much better written (and way better performance on PC).

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
I forgot to add.

In all its shittyness, TW3 has better-looking gore therefore it's superior as a RPG game.

Prime Junta

Impressive wall of text dednaem. Suggest you submit it as an official Codex review. Ask Infinitron to edit it for you though, it needs to be a bit more neutral-positive.

Tigranes

Arcane
OP is a filthy potato whore, comparing anything to FO4 is going to make it look good

Lhynn

Arcane
The mighty Codex resorting to straw mans. Who knew?
Meh, guess its back to lurking.
What strawman bro?
Most of your complains are nitpicky and biased against it. Anyone here can do it.

The Witch Hunters, Part3:
[Inside Menge's Office]
Geralt: Here about my reward. Also, I definitely didn't kill your men the other day. 1
Menge: Yeah I know, it was another witcher. Here, take a look at our anti-doppler silver cup technology, want to hear how it works? Pay attention, this will be important later.2
Geralt: Is it the silver?
Menge: Ingenious, isn't it? wait how did you know?
*Triss being tortured in the background*
Geralt (visibly upset): You know.. let's just stare at each other and pretend we don't know what's going on.3
Menge (breaking 4th wall).4: Clock's ticking.
*Triss keeps screaming as fanboys across the world squirm in their seats*.5
Menge: I wonder how long we have to wait to achieve maximum emoshunal shock.6
Geralt (eye twitching): This is just way too retarded, time to kill everyone even though Triss deemed it impossible.
*Triss breaks free because no dimeritium shackles and fights alongside Geralt, they kill everyone*
Geralt: Alright, time to ask Menge about Dandelion.
Triss: We just killed him.
Geralt: Whatever, he's obviously being held in their prison. Why didn't we infiltrate that instead?
Triss: We need to burn the evidence.
Geralt: What evidence? It's not like they can trace for fingerprints and ballistics aren't a thing yet.7
Triss: Uhh..I don't know.. the corpses?
Geralt: Fire won't make those go away. They'll still be there in the morning. If anything, burning everything will just further implicate you considering most of your spells involve fire.8 And you have quite a lot of motive.
Triss: Yeah but they won't be able to identify the corpses.
Geralt: The only person with a name in here is Menge, and they'll still find a corpse wearing his armor inside his office. Making his body dissappear would be much smarter.
*Triss burns everything anyway*
For example this turd you must have spent an entire afternoon shitting. Am i supposed to let you interpret this shit for me and then agree that its shit because of your interpretation?
Lets summarize,

1. characters being characterized a certain way, playing games and trying to outwit each other is shit.
2. Foreshadowing is shit
3. Characters keep playing games and being characters, this is shit because of reasons.
4. No it isnt, its still part of the game they are playing.
5. What is this? if anyone cared about said character of course theyd be upset, its not bad when the writer tries to make the player more invested in whats going on.
6. Again, no problem with this, its effective.
7. How can you be sure all the guys in that place are actually death? how can you be sure there are no registries about your visit? Burning the shit to the ground is the fastest way to get rid of any possible surviving witnesses in the premises instead of checking the pulse of everyone around.
8. Yes, im fairly certain triss is the only one with access to fire in all the city, no wait, the continent even.

And its all like this, either making wrong assumptions or accusing the writer of making the player care. And if only you had to dig as deep to find distasteful flaws on F4. All these so called flaws go away when you point out that the main character in F4 has less agency than geralt.

Jesus fucking christ, i wish i could nitpick fallout 4, i wish i had that luxury, but you have stuff like factions making you their leader 5 minutes after meeting you, or magical weapons that come straight out of borderlands, or pointless and nonsensical town building. Fallout 4 is so bad that any nitpick you could elevate falls flat because theres so much more retarded and bigger shit to talk about. And here i have a retard trying to over analyze a couple conversations and quests blow by blow, nevermind that said quests usually fit the theme, tho a couple of them relied on characters making a mistakes or not being able to see the future.

Come back with a well constructed argument that goes more to the point instead of the inane bullshit you made me go trough.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
... something something ...

You are too much of a fanboy to realize that the majority of TW3 content is polished shit. dednaem critic is solid.

TW3 does have better highlight moments than F4 but their impact is nerfed by pushing all the other shitty linear content down the players throats. And as retarded as it might be, at least F4 is not pulling this shit which really matters when the game is labeled "open-world"

Take a look below:

23354049066_ff3704e5d7_o.png

The most experienced play-tester from CDP stated that minimum 25 hours are required to finish the main story. After the release, we found out that only the cutcenes for the main story take 13 hours.

This might indicate that 50% of the time in TW3 is spent on cutscenes and unfortunately ... this is somewhat correct. Now, you can pretend that is not true but the quantity of cut-scenes in TW3 is awful.

So, how about that player agency in TW3? Is this even a game if 50% of time is spent with CYOA stuff? Why shit from CDP is more tasty than shit from Bethesda?

Eirikur

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
As someone who's a multiclassed storyfag/explorationfag, who loves the Witcher books, who's always been interested in norse and slavic mythology & folk tales, and who gets a hard on by games that are unspoiled by political correctness, I already count W3 among my all-time favorites.

Lord Andre

Arcane
I'd rather spend 13 hours walking up and down Arnika road then going through 13 hours of the Witcher's Male-Buffy's cutscenes. And I'd rather read a shitty Drizzt book before going through Sapkowski's clusterfucks he calls novels.

Yes, I know, I ain't planning a trip to Poland any time soon.

GrainWetski

Arcane
Fallout 4 is an infinite amount worse than TW3 in every conceivable way. That doesn't mean TW3 is anything but mediocre. Fallout 4 is just that fucking awful.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom