Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

1eyedking Witcher 3 vs Fallout 4

Which is more shitty Witcher 3 or Fallout 4?

• Witcher 3

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Fallout 4

Votes: 101 65.6%
  • Both are equally shitty

Votes: 19 12.3%
  • KingComrade

Votes: 28 18.2%

• Total voters

Shin

Cipher
The Witcher 3 is an action RPG with shitty combat and decent/well written fiction and characters. Fallout 4 is a mediocre FPS (with badly implemented/designed RPG elements) which is terribly written in every aspect. Not sure what the argument is about.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Toro just curbstomped a huge population of the codex. Amazing how in-denial people can be. Claiming Twitcher 3, PoE, WL2, etc are great while bashing FO4 is retarded. They're all roughly on the same level of bad. There's little artistic merit to any of these titles, aside from having some stupid, mindless fun (to varying degrees). None of these games are worth defending. This isn't like, per say, shitting on braindead retards who prefer FO2 over FO1.

Just play whatever you want, fucking moron infants.

GloomFrost

Arcane
Dialogues, plot, quest design and character development are so superior in W3 that it is embarrassing to even compare it to F4. Yet by the end of the game I was physically sick of using my right mouse button to use witcher senses. By far the worst thing about witcher. Oh also W3 is NOT the best written RPG. I dont think its an RPG to start off with actually. But still more of an rpg then f4.

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

Rake

Arcane
and maybe Obsidian will add a better story again
With what writers?
Is there a law that doesn't allow Obsidian to hire more staff? InXile took on board pretty much every single major gaming writer for the new Torment.
There isn't a Law that forbids Bethesda to hire either, but i don't expect much from them. Their recent trend doesn't inspire confidence. Plus their good "storyfag" games (Kotor2, MotB, AP, FNV) were written by persons no longer at Obsidian

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Toro just curbstomped a huge population of the codex.
LoL no, if anything i got bored of hammering the points to his retardedly biased ass.
Can you stop beging such a phaggot?

You got completely and utterly melted off the face of the planet. You will never recover from how utterly anally devastated you are. Just kneel down and accept fate bucko.

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Ultimately potato fags will like anything with boobs done by their fellow plantae, and filthy Russians will eat any shit with the post apoc tag. Most of the rest see them as poor action-RPGs with a few decent ideas.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I don't care about these 2 apart from the fact that one of them continues to ruin my (previously..) favorite CRPG franchise.
So... fuck FO4, I vote for W3.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
My brain almost never hurt during Witcher 3. Fallout 4 starts to hurt the moment you press start.

hemtae

Savant
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
With what writers?
Is there a law that doesn't allow Obsidian to hire more staff? InXile took on board pretty much every single major gaming writer for the new Torment.
There isn't a Law that forbids Bethesda to hire either, but i don't expect much from them. Their recent trend doesn't inspire confidence. Plus their good "storyfag" games (Kotor2, MotB, AP, FNV) were written by persons no longer at Obsidian

It's not really saying anything, but their most recent games are better written than Fallout 3 and probably Fallout 4.

Honestly, looking at the rest of Gonzalez's work and reading Sawyer's comments on CnC, reactivity, and Fallout (which makes for an interesting comparison towards his comments on the IE games), I think their current staff would be fine doing another Fallout game.

Unless their talent incubation with PoE really paid off, KotOR 2 and MotB are probably out of their reach though.

Rake

Arcane
With what writers?

It's not really saying anything, but their most recent games are better written than Fallout 3 and probably Fallout 4.
Well, dah.
Even Larian and Bioware games have better writing than Fallout3-Fallout4. Obsidian could produce better writing than Bethesda with Feargus and Sawyer as the lead writers

Lord Andre

Arcane
When it comes to game systems almost al codexers can judge games pretty accurately. When it comes to narrative, half of the codexers actually have taste and can judge a story on its literary merit while the other half lack taste and judge a story by quantity, grimdark edgy "matureness" or number of ending slides.

Since Fallout 4 has no story and shit systems, everybody is in agreement that it sucks completely.

When it comes to Witcher 3 (or 2), the systems are shit (everyone agrees) but the quantity of grimdark edgy shit is off the scale so half the codex thinks it's an awesome storyfag game while the other half is getting triggered.

Mystery solved.

anus_pounder

Arcane
GC8cjTo.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom