Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Witcher 3 "The Trail" Opening Cinematic

DreadMessiah

Liturgist
whoever did the face for her in that video made her ugly as shit. well at least she doesn't have to put up with the male glaze.

made

Arcane
+cuts to Geralt investigating "the trail"
+raven to the head!

-the whole massive battle with Yennefer in the middle and GOT-inspired horse-beaheading. Letho was a thousand times cooler character

SmartCheetah

Arcane
Yeah the bad thing about this trailer is that Yennefer is too damn powerful in this intro. She basically leveled a big part of two fighting armies... because they were on her way ? That's out of line with the way magic works in the Witcher universe. Sure, these bitches are powerful but that was an overkill. I would expect only Ciri to be able to pull all that crazy shit. The detective witcher part was good though.

My favorite intro is still the Striga one, especially after reading the actual story it was based on. I can't even remember the intro of TW2.

They went too heroic I guess. IMO that's the bad direction. INB4 CDPR produces world of warcraft like, epic faggot heroic fantasy hero shit with huge shoulderpads on top of it. Because "semi-realistic" direction was not heroic enough.

Vicissitudes

Augur
Patron
I wish it was better but it's not. All witcher cinematics were done so far by the same company Platige Image and the same director Tomasz Baginski. Platige Image is not a part of CD Projekt. They are actually under the weather for some time. (sorry, both articles in polish) but they have great PR so news about those troubles were hidden under a pile of PR about Platige Image making the live-action Witcher (while all they actually achieved is that they got money for the script development).
So it's not no wonder this trailer is shit comparing to the 1st and 2nd.

BTW isn't it interesting that CDPR decided to show this intro 4 months before the game release?

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Lol @ the freshly curled and styled hair on the hot, mysterious, too cool for school ice sorceress; the way she turns her back on the wave of on-coming cavalry. As they thunder by, her perfect raven hair is swept up in a way that makes her even more hard-core and desirable.

No. Give me Joan of Arc not Pretty Little Liars.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
The witcher series want to be gritty medieval shit, except everybody needs to look hot and have perfect boobs.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
-the whole massive battle with Yennefer in the middle and GOT-inspired horse-beaheading.

18537-guts_and_horse_super.jpg

:outrage:

But yeah it was probably GOT inspired

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
+raven to the head!

-the whole massive battle with Yennefer in the middle and GOT-inspired horse-beaheading. Letho was a thousand times cooler character
Letho looked like a Rob Liefield drawing.

Athos

Arcane
I like how they gave a backstory to the guy in the Killing Monsters trailer. He's a deserter of the northern army apparently.

mastroego

Arcane
Yawn.
Not even finished.
I'm fed up with over-the-topness.

So, is that a game, too?

Divinity: Original Sin
+raven to the head!

Letho looked like a Rob Liefield drawing.

Looked like what rob liefeld would draw if he knew how to draw... Letho at least was proportional.

Athos

Arcane
Am I the only one who thinks this was re-cut from a longer vid? (which me might see when the game's released)
I think so too. The battlefield is where the game begins, so maybe there will be some in-game cutscene to smooth the transition.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom