Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Witcher 3 Mods and Tweaks

Aenra

Ok. Making fun of the new guy. I get it :)

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
OH, ffs.

Update 1.10 broke several of my mods. Gonna have to semi vanilla for a while, it seems ¬¬

fucking script error nonsense.

Perkel

Arcane
OH, ffs.

Update 1.10 broke several of my mods. Gonna have to semi vanilla for a while, it seems ¬¬

fucking script error nonsense.

If you are using GOG galaxy you can downgrade game to 1.08 and wait for mods to update. Also you should choose manual updates over automatic.

Forgot to add:

- combat evolved also deletes all that crap loot you don't need for crafting. Which basically means only big chests contain something and very rarely some other packages. It is amazing thing as you need to care only for one chest usually in places instead of shitload of cups, packages and so on. Makes gathering money harder but it is way better than vanilla.

Last edited:

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I solved my problem yesterday. Mods aren't to blame, the game is. The script error is a known bug, easily solved by deleting a "hacks" folder in one of "content0" subfolders. Just google it if any of you is having a similar problem with mods post 1.10.

Aenra

Eyestabber I actually solved some script-related issues without needing to resort to the /hacks delete. Whether it (still) applies to scenarios different than mine, no fucking clue.
But to the extent of my understanding, the script compilation errors stem from left overs (previous patches) and/or a need to re-extract the 1.10+ scripts. If bored, or like me, wtf am i reading:

1. download the new scripts from: http://www39.zippyshare.com/v/Hxoh07Rl/file.html
2. extract downloaded archive
3. open \YourWitcher3Directory\content\content0\ and delete or rename folder \scripts\
3. copy folder \scripts\ folder from extracted archive you downloaded in step 1. to \YourWitcher3Directory\content\content0\
4. run the game, no more compilation errors (except maybe your merged mods are not properly merged!)

Courtesy of KNGRSM, http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...75030e97a8d7&p=1933475&viewfull=1#post1933475

Edit: these are for the 1.10 version only
ffs.. Edit2: If the case, do not just re-merge, delete the entire folder created by merger, and start a merging from scratch

Last edited by a moderator:

made

Arcane
Picked the game up again to check out all the changes, still haven't finished the story (damn OCD).

Right, here's a weight mod that actually works:
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/836/

And here's an awesome camera mod that let's you fine tune settings for every possible gameplay situation:
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/856/

At long last, TW3 in glorious top-down view. <3
xDLPWWW.jpg

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
Oh, excellent. I need that camera. Otherwise just using Perkel's mod pack with 1.10 to see how it is. I think some of the changes make it too easy, but you'd think things like stamina cost for swinging the sword would be the first thing the devs would do.

DramaticPopcorn

Don't think the game needs retexture, however it does need the fugging filter removal

Cadmus

Arcane
Is there a simple mod that makes the game less yellow? Nothing else, just makes the colours colder. I can't afford any effects or textures or anything, the game barely runs as it is, I only want it to stop being yellow.

Cadmus

Arcane
Is there a simple mod that makes the game less yellow? Nothing else, just makes the colours colder. I can't afford any effects or textures or anything, the game barely runs as it is, I only want it to stop being yellow.

monitor settings? what you are asking for is simple and easy to adjust. It can be done through both monitor controls or click your way through options in windows control panel(probably overkill... unless you are kind of guy that changes his displays every day and wish to do it once).

You can also cover your monitor in red transparent foil. It will make it less yellow for sure
Huh. It seems to me the game is using some kind of a yellow filter to make everything look warm and sunny and fantasy.

typical user

Arbiter

Plenty of them. Just search nexusmods.com for "E3 graphics palette" or something like that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom