Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Witcher 3 Mods and Tweaks

made

Arcane
Post useful mods and tweaks ITT

FOV fix:
http://forum.cheatengine.org/download.php?id=111228&sid=79334d0f1d8c56229f6939067d802f40

This comes with the added benefit of moving the camera out of Geralt's butt. Unfortunately, you can't zoom out too far due to fisheye effect, but it's a massive improvement at a small performance cost.

Weight limit mod and other hacks:
https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/36n88x/witcher_3_weight_limit_mod/

Last edited:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I wonder when they will update redkit.

Red kit will probably be a while off, but hopefully Gibbed updates his redtools soon.

That way we can at least unpack the game's archives and make modifications there.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Any news on a mod that disables loot level scaling? Because that shit is unaccaptable.

EDIT:
Not sure what you mean..?
I mean that no enemy will ever drop a weapon above your level. Because all drops are automatically scaled down, even if enemy is capable of dropping higher-level loot.

Only certain hand-placed unique items are fixed level drops.

Last edited:

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Any news on a mod that disables loot level scaling? Because that shit is unaccaptable.

Loot appears to be leveled to the quest / location / enemy that dropped it. Where are you seeing scaling? If you complete a level 16 quest or kill a level 16 character, a level 16 item drops. Creatures and Quests don't scale to you, I have several level 33 Required quests I can't do and several level 4 Quests I won't be doing.

"Swaps Combat Dodge and Roll Keys"

:happytrollboy:

Whoever had the idea that you couldn't rebind certain keys and that Roll should be on spacebar and Dodge (The Preferable action) should be on alt was either an asshole or an octopus.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Think he means that if he has a level 25 sword and is only level 10, he can damn well use it.

Oh, So Level requirements on items, I am pretty disappointed by that as well.. In fact I am a little disappointed by the items overall, minus the witcher sets you have to hunt down, they don't feel special or unique. Every third NPC has a legendary relic silver sword as a reward. Seems a bit lame.

Maybe I am nitpicky.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I only need two mods for this game: 1) pick up herbs with a press of a button, without opening the pickup window 2) being able to jump right into the shopkeeper window, without running a few polite dialogue rounds about it. "Hello my dear friend - Ah, a returning customer, how can I help you today. - I'd like to see your wares - Oh my, of course my friend." And I have to listen to this every fucking time.

I only need two mods for this game: 1) pick up herbs with a press of a button, without opening the pickup window 2) being able to jump right into the shopkeeper window, without running a few polite dialogue rounds about it. "Hello my dear friend - Ah, a returning customer, how can I help you today. - I'd like to see your wares - Oh my, of course my friend." And I have to listen to this every fucking time.

Yeah those would be nice. I would also like ability to disable that horrid combat music.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
http://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/37d0aa/howto_trigger_extinguishignite_only_after_holding/

I know there was a guide already there how to REBIND a key for extinguish/ignite here http://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/3717n9/guide_how_to_rebind_igniteextinguish_candle_to_a/

but that isnt needed!

Simply replace all occurances in

C:\Users\%username%\Documents\The Witcher 3\input.settings

of

IK_Pad_A_CROSS=(Action=Extinguish)

with

IK_Pad_A_CROSS=(Action=Extinguish,State=Duration,IdleTime=0.5)

and

IK_Pad_A_CROSS=(Action=Ignite)

with

IK_Pad_A_CROSS=(Action=Ignite,State=Duration,IdleTime=0.5)

This will only trigger the ignite/extinguish action if you hold the key for 0.5sec (you can do it lower) - so spamming A to loot things will no longer accidentally light up something, you need to keep holding the key

The same can be done for the use key E just add ",State=Duration,IdleTime=0.5" after the action e.g.

IK_E=(Action=Extinguish,State=Duration,IdleTime=0.5)

I have no idea why they did not do this in the first place if their framework already allows this - i only tested it shortly but i had no issues with holding A to run etc.

If you don't have it yet, Notepad++ will make this a breeze since you can just find and replace all at one go. There's like 8 lines for each with the keyboard, at least.

made

Arcane
Can you rebind the dpad to switch between signs in combat instead of selecting swords?

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
No doubt, you'd just need to dig in the settings file and switch the actions between those keys.

Or just play with the keyboard instead. :obviously:

Toffeli

Atomkrieg, ja bitte
Patron
Wasteland 2
Most important mod?
To0Lunj.jpg

Gerrard

Arcane
Why the fuck would you have separate values for display and actual level... this is like something Cryptic would do.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
What I'm using right now:

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/119/? - fixed XP for grey quests.
I know the XP thing is actually WAD, but I don't give a shit. If I finish a quest, I want XP. Period.

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/38/ - Increased creature loot
Ever felt like drowners are way too similar to people IRL? You murder 20 of them and only 2-3 actually have a brain? Yeah, this mod fixes that. Also rebalances the drop rate of mutagens, so red is just as common as blue and green. Probably the main reason to install this.

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/264/? - unrestricted Witcher Gear Level
Get diagram, craft stuff, use stuff. No more retarded level locking.

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/212/? - BCE
Combat actually takes some skill with this mod. But if you're one of those guys that cries like a baby when their "I win button" gets nerfed, then do yourself a favor and skip this mod. All the obvious "I win!!!" skills of vanilla TW3 got nerfed, so you might want to take your time to READ the changes. There are MANY. It's a whole new meta-game.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
Personally I wouldn't use any of those mods, really, at least based on their descriptions.

- You get overleveled way too soon in the game anyway, so getting even more XP seems outright gamebreaking. If there was a mod that reduced quest XP but spread it around more evenly and without levels affecting it, so that a completionist player would probably end up being around level 35 at the end, it might be worth a shot. Now it just "fixes" a rather small problem and creates a bigger one as a byproduct.
- Increased creature loot does make sense, but it also takes something away from alchemy when you get something previously rare like nekker hearts almost instantly. Of course it's ridiculous that only one in a dozen nekkers or so has a heart, but eh, at least it makes it more rewarding to actually get enough of those for a few potions. A proper fix probably would've required you to play around with the potion formulae, and I'm not sure how well you can change those things in a mod. I also thought red mutagens being more rare was a good thing that forced you to make compromises, especially since there were a few decoctions that required those precious and rare red mutagens. On the other hand blue and green mutagens were common as dirt, and you ended up with more of them that you could actually. Then again, 1.07 already seemed to increase the rate of red mutagen drops drastically so that every other enemy drops them, so whatever.
- The level locking is indeed stupid, but I don't know if the witcher gear needs to be any more powerful than it already is compared to the other equipment.
- I approve of many of the changes in the combat mod and especially how it tries to change the overall difficulty curve, flatten the character development and deal with the skull monsters, but it also seems to "fix" some of the overpowered stuff by simply removing it altogether or nerfing it to hell, which is a big no-no for me. The game is too easy, though, and so far the mod seems like the best attempt to change that, as long as it gets a few more updates.

In a way it seems that TW3 modders function somewhat similar to the CDPR devs, changing something without paying much attention on why they're doing it or how it affects other parts of the game. Better Combat Enhanced seems like an exception, as it has some very good goals and a clear logic that its changes are based on, but it doesn't look like it's quite there yet.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
- You get overleveled way too soon in the game anyway, so getting even more XP seems outright gamebreaking. If there was a mod that reduced quest XP but spread it around more evenly and without levels affecting it, so that a completionist player would probably end up being around level 35 at the end, it might be worth a shot. Now it just "fixes" a rather small problem and creates a bigger one as a byproduct.

It only fixes the grey quests, the rest are unchanged. Bear in mind that BCE reduces XP all around, so I doubt there will be any overleveling.

- Increased creature loot does make sense, but it also takes something away from alchemy when you get something previously rare like nekker hearts almost instantly. Of course it's ridiculous that only one in a dozen nekkers or so has a heart, but eh, at least it makes it more rewarding to actually get enough of those for a few potions. A proper fix probably would've required you to play around with the potion formulae, and I'm not sure how well you can change those things in a mod. I also thought red mutagens being more rare was a good thing that forced you to make compromises, especially since there were a few decoctions that required those precious and rare red mutagens. On the other hand blue and green mutagens were common as dirt, and you ended up with more of them that you could actually. Then again, 1.07 already seemed to increase the rate of red mutagen drops drastically so that every other enemy drops them, so whatever.

It doesn't make everything go 100%, only raises the odds a bit. Also fixes a bug (or feature?): nekkers now drop nekker hearts, instead of monster hearts. No more generic drops. Personally, I HATE "farming for X item" mechanics. It reeks of MMO shittyness.

- The level locking is indeed stupid, but I don't know if the witcher gear needs to be any more powerful than it already is compared to the other equipment.

Witcher gear is monster locked most of the time. Level locking is just additional punishment.

- I approve of many of the changes in the combat mod and especially how it tries to change the overall difficulty curve, flatten the character development and deal with the skull monsters, but it also seems to "fix" some of the overpowered stuff by simply removing it altogether or nerfing it to hell, which is a big no-no for me. The game is too easy, though, and so far the mod seems like the best attempt to change that, as long as it gets a few more updates.

Try it first. The nerfs look bad on paper, but after you get used to them it's not really a big deal. Extra difficulty gotta come from somewhere...

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
It only fixes the grey quests, the rest are unchanged.
Which is the problem.

Personally, I HATE "farming for X item" mechanics. It reeks of MMO shittyness.
Fair enough, although I don't think there was any real need for farming, the system just made it so that you didn't get everything right away. They probably should've used more unique ingredients and monster parts in the first place. The mutagen thing is my major issue, as I think that's a "problem" that wasn't at all a problem.

Witcher gear is monster locked most of the time. Level locking is just additional punishment.
I agree that that is the way it should've been done, making the witcher stuff (and all other good stuff) hard to get without any bullshit requirements. In practice it only really applies to a few early dungeons, and you can easily grab some of the superior/mastercrafted diagrams around level 4.

Try it first. The nerfs look bad on paper, but after you get used to them it's not really a big deal. Extra difficulty gotta come from somewhere...
I think I'll wait for at least a few more updates to iron out the major issues and imbalances. It also requires starting a new playthrough, and I don't think I have it in me to start one just yet, especially with NG+ and the expansions in the horizon.

Frozen

Arcane
I would like a mod which allows you to name a save file.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom