Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Witcher 2 bitch-slaps Dragon Age 2's graphics

Lesifoere

Liturgist
TW1 looked better then DA2.

aries202

Erudite
I don't understand why Gop would need to diminish and demean Bioware's game. He could just stated what their game was about and said something like 'they're two different games.' Most like people will buy them both - and probably also play them both.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Lesifoere said:
:roll:

With anyone else I would have let it slip. Ed Greenwood is turning in his grave right now.

I don't understand why Gop would need to diminish and demean Bioware's game. He could just stated what their game was about and said something like 'they're two different games.' Most like people will buy them both - and probably also play them both.
That's excactly what he did. Re-read the quote. Nowhere does he state that anything about Bioware is bad. He simply points out what he sees as differences after being asked.
DU could have just as well titled: CD Project praises Bioware for using clear cut moral compases in their games, managing to make even slightly generic settings awesome or being graphically only second to CD Project themselves.
Only then the Biowhore and Twitcher fanboys wouldn't provide as much entertainment and as Master of the Circus DU has a nose for entertainment :salute:

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Shannow said:
Lesifoere said:

With anyone else I would have let it slip. Ed Greenwood is turning in his grave right now.

Did he die? Someone should've told me. I have a party to throw. One down, 34893631 to go. By the way, you forgot a comma, faggot.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
What, really? He looks seventy plus. That and he's obese, so he can't be too long for this world.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Shannow said:
Not only will Skyrim look better than Oblivion, you will also be able to get all perks with one character!

Just like in Fallout 3. :smug:

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
aries202 said:
I don't understand why Gop would need to diminish and demean Bioware's game.

Giving a couple of areas in which you think your game is better = diminish and demean Bioware's game?

Fucking thin skinned liberalfags.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Lesifoere said:
Shannow said:
Lesifoere said:

Did he die? Someone should've told me. I have a party to throw. One down, 34893631 to go. By the way, you forgot a comma, faggot.
Tststs, it's so easy to get a rise out of you. And I forgot no comma :smug:

Trying to think of something on topic to contribute... Well, something for Jaesun and I do connect it to Bio: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjFc8CR_HBA

Lesifoere

Liturgist
"With anyone else, I would have let it slip," sweetie. What, do you find "faggot" very insulting or something?

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Shannow said:
Only then the Biowhore and Twitcher fanboys wouldn't provide as much entertainment and as Master of this Circus DU has a nose for entertainment :salute:
fix

ortucis

Prophet
I agree with the CDK developer. Dragon Age has a generic setup since the day it was announced. I enjoyed it as a generic fantasy adventure similar to BG2 but that's it, nothing exciting about the characters or world.

Also, Witcher 2 looks ten times better than anything I have seen so far from DA2 (or first one..).

ironyuri

Metro said:
torpid said:
The gaming media and their media stunts.

This. Every gaming studio ever is all hype and it's mostly self-generted.

Fixed both.

What do you see as the problem with CD Projekt hyping a game they want to sell? They want people to buy their game so that they will earn money to pay their staff and make more games. Should they call everyone up to explain that it's shit and won't be worth playing? I'm sure that'd be just another marketing stunt to the Codex though.

But seriously, which fucking studio does not hype their own products consistently? CD Project are no worse, and in fact, a ways better than BethSoft. Gop is just a potato eating analogue for Todd Howard, only he makes better games and is less obnoxious and seems to genuinely understand the lore of the material he is working on (correct me if I'm wrong Pollacks).

CD Project, thirdly, are also lesser known in the West (English speaking) and have to hype themselves because gaming magazines don't seem to be doing it for them, while it is being done for BethSoft and Bioware.

GET OUT OF HERE STALKER.

Suchy

Arcane
Lesifoere said:
Maybe not character models, but the environment in DA2 looks fucking terrible in comparison. Barren ground, low res textures...

z8350212X,Dragon-Age-2.jpg

Dragon%20Age%20II%202.jpg

vs.

w15.jpg

w18.jpg

Eh, character models too actually.

I am yet to see deep moral dilemmas and real c&c though. But getting ahead of DA, with its bland black and white choices, is not a big achievement.

DraQ

Arcane
Pegultagol said:
Whoa, that is one broadside after another! Is the Polish better known for their frankness and directness of diction or mischievous merry-making?
Well, Poles are significant minority on the Codex.

CDPR hype may be getting quite a bit tired, but still there are some good reasons to look forward to Witcher 2.

Between noming heads clearly dug up from the bowels of uncanny valley, stupid character design, fap-fodder bromances, this screenshot, bioware writing, bioware morality and *forced* grimdark there is little reason to care about DA2.

Angthoron said:
Someone should make an RPG based on Volourn, or at least her cool stories.
Volourn: The Dork Blade of Honour?
:smug:

racofer

Thread Incliner
Suchy said:
Lesifoere said:
Maybe not character models, but the environment in DA2 looks fucking terrible in comparison. Barren ground, low res textures...

http://bi.gazeta.pl/im/2/8350/z8350212X,Dragon-Age-2.jpg
http://www.chip.pl/images/2010/07/13/dragonageii2.jpg/image_preview/Dragon Age II 2.jpg

vs.

http://soundscapes.cozywebhost.com/stuff/witcher/w15.jpg
http://soundscapes.cozywebhost.com/stuff/witcher/w18.jpg

I am yet to see deep moral dilemmas and real c&c though. But getting ahead of DA, with its bland black and white choices, is not a big achievement.

You're comparing art style with those screenshots, not graphics. That specific region of DA2 "looks barren" because it's supposed to be barren.

DraQ

Arcane
racofer said:
Suchy said:
Lesifoere said:

http://bi.gazeta.pl/im/2/8350/z8350212X,Dragon-Age-2.jpg
http://www.chip.pl/images/2010/07/13/dragonageii2.jpg/image_preview/Dragon Age II 2.jpg

vs.

http://soundscapes.cozywebhost.com/stuff/witcher/w15.jpg
http://soundscapes.cozywebhost.com/stuff/witcher/w18.jpg

You're comparing art style with those screenshots, not graphics. That specific region of DA2 "looks barren" because it's supposed to be barren.
So? You can dig up any Ashland screenshot from unmodded Morrowind and it will still look much better than second screenshot from Derp Age 2.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom