Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

WinSPMBT

Korgan

Arbiter
Anyone played it? It's free, and looks like a p. cool medium-hardcore wargame. I just installed it, lol'd at a message in one of the patches' installer.
This v2.5 supplemental patch M U S T be installed AFTER installing the V2.0 patch. DO NOT skip installing the V2.0 patch before installing this v2.5 patch and do NOT install the 2.5 patch before installing the v2.0 patch. This 2.5 supplement is a supplement to the v2.0 patch. It does not replace it and the V2.0 patch MUST be installed before this supplement for the game to work properly.
Redundancy Department of Redundancy much?

Panthera

Scholar
I played Steel Panthers: World At War. I thought the windows version wasn't free - am I wrong?

Korgan

Arbiter
It is, you can get it here.
Also, I started playing and I like what I see a lot, except the intolerably long bombardment animations.

Panthera

Scholar
Oooh, thanks for the link, then.

I'm curious to see how the engine adapts to modern warfare.

edit: Ah, and there's a free version of the Windows version of the WWII engine. That interests me more.

God, how I loved the original Steel Panthers when I was a kid. I occassionally play MBT (works on vista64, who would have thought that), but it doesn't feel the same. Neither did Combat Mission.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom