Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Competition Winners of the Codex Corporate Design Competition

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: RPG Codex

Many moons ago - back when demons were real and legends were born - in a mythical time known as "2015", the Codex held a competition.

For a while now we've been sending representatives (read: whomever is around at the time) to game conventions and we've needed letters "on official letterhead" and to do things like "show your business card at the door". It was therefore decided that we embrace an official corporate image for these things.

Also because Crooked Bee didn't like the stuff I was cobbling together.

Today - thanks to the many submissions, from the many people who submitted - we have chosen. After a long time of deliberation as well as me being too lazy busy to get around to dealing with it, the time has come to announce the winners!

We had $500 USD up for grabs which will be split among the following entrants...

First-up is Akratus, that while none of his letterhead or business card designs were chosen, he scores $25 USD for his efforts - which include some very nice troll concepts:

Next is Lagole Gon whose interesting take was ultimately not chosen because it was felt it was too different from the site. That doesn't stop him from scoring $25 USD:

Our final runner-up is Seari, whose efforts - which came close to being voted as staff favourites - gain him $25 USD:

Moving on to our winners now, we have lefthandblack whose exquisite and yet simple red troll now adorns our Twitter feed. He wins $62.50 USD:

Also adorning our Twitter feed is felipepepe's updated Ultima banner. He wins $62.50 USD as well:

Finally we have our Grand Prize Winner in Tormented Seph, whose designs will become our Business Cards, Letterhead and Facebook banner. For all his effort he wins $300 USD:

Thanks to all those who entered. You can review their designs in the gallery.

All our prize winners will be PM'd - and if not, should PM me with their PayPal or other payment arrangement details. We look forward to using our sexy new letterhead and business cards at the next games convention that just happens to be near someone whom we can get to attend and trust to write something up for us.

good job akratus
good job lagole gon
good job seari
good job lefthandblack
good job felipepepe
good job tormented seph

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
Seari's two show as 'file not found', unless it's irony and I'm missing the point.

Otherwise, very tasteful with just the right amount of fear-inducing superiority. Good job.

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
I don't see Seari's....I just get "file not found"
Try now. That's called DU linked the wrong image id.

Working. I really like Akratus's business cards, and Seari's is good but maybe a bit too busy looking. DU, I wonder if EA will try and sue you for using the Guardian's face. It might be amusing to use that one when attending the Shroud of the Avatar 'release' shindig.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Finally, the Codex can become the SRS BSNS it was always meant to be but couldn't due to the hardware limitations of the time :salute:

Don Peste

Arcane
card1.jpg
?!?! Not even $1?

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
Just why are my designs labeled as 'dafuq 1' and 'dafuq 2' in the gallery? :D

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
You try using your name as a file name and see how you go.

Yay for unintended trolling. :D
You try using your name as a file name and see how you go.
i feel persecuted

Well, it's kind of trolling the codex staff without even trying. :D

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
WHAT?! MY SUPERIOR DESIGN DIDN'T WIN?! YOU KNOW SHIT ABOUT MODERN ART!
jOkyMDg.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom