Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wings Over the Reich - New ww2 flight sim

Unwanted

Bladeract

It's Neckbeard Shitlord. Again.
Dumbfuck
Looks kinda like a Live Action Kerbal Space Program, which is a hilarious idea. If it sucks then I guess I will skip it though.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I play OFF, WW2 just interest me more and it's much a better time for a flight sim.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I liked Wings over Flanders field, but WW2 its a much better setting for a dynamic campaign, since you can actually jump out and survive now :)

Ironman in WoFF is just too brutal (for me).

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Shot04-24-18-12-30-55.jpg

Shot06-15-18-18-41-09s.jpg

Shot04-20-18-17-42-00.jpg

Shot02-01-18-17-11-49.jpg

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Seeing as there are no new flght sims being made, this has a chance to be the best sim to date if done correctly, we will see soon

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Or maybe it will just be a series of cumbersome 70$ mods for a 15 year old engine, we will see soon.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That is some high quality textures. Impressive for the old engine.

Burning Bridges

DX 9 is showing its age now. I always liked the coloring in OFF but this looks kinda dull. They can make nice textures but anyone who plays DX11 games for some time expects 10 years more advanced lighting and shadows. not to speak water and transparency.

The one thing that speaks for it is that a really well made DX9 game still looks way better than the many poorly ones in DX11. For example there is this retarded new Harrier sim where the post processed image is almost black, even during day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OSUMhGI60Q

But if I was you I forgo this hopelessly outdared technology and go for DCS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go5EhjcWaMk

Burning Bridges

They recently released something that they call dynamic campaign.

I played Battle of Moscow not too long ago and find it cumbersome, the menus, loading and all that shit, but they seem to be improving in many ways. But in the end this is still a resource hog with online shoehorning and too much fucked up console influences.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
They recently released something that they call dynamic campaign.

I played Battle of Moscow not too long ago and find it cumbersome, the menus, loading and all that shit, but they seem to be improving in many ways. But in the end this is still a resource hog with online shoehorning and too much fucked up console influences.

15 years of development AAA team supported by a top publisher called 1C with a huge budget and can't create a dynamic campaign and asks 10 $ for a single plane vs 2 modders who created top notch AI and a dynamic campaign and provide about 20 planes in every expansion for 20$

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
'Culminating in the extensive devastation of Europe by the day and night bombing raids. See towns and cities reduced to rubble over time.'

If they will make this, it will be the first ever WW2 sim to have something like this with a dynamic campaign, it will blow away all other games, my hope for WOTR is YUGE.

Burning Bridges

Ohhh yes.

I fap the whole time you reveal those screenshots.

This is gonna be A-MAZING! A game with Hurricane and a Bf109 Emil that can actually shoot things.

Burning Bridges

Btw, if this game obviously covers 1940 why isn't it called Wings over France or Wings over Britain?

agris

Arcane
Patron
Are any of you sim nerds enough to have a flight sim station? Throttle, paddles, chair, three monitors (or more!) etc. That seems like a project that codex-levels of OCD would support.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
I'm a peasant. Only have a joystick. But looking to get a trackIR5 thing if the game is fun.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom