Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wings Over the Reich - New ww2 flight sim

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
OUR AIM: TO PRODUCE A WW2 COMBAT FLIGHT SIMULATOR THAT EXCEEDS OUR EPIC, IMMERSIVE, DEFINITIVE WW1 COMBAT FLIGHT SIMULATOR. TO BOLDLY GO WHERE NO SIM HAS GONE BEFORE… TO SEEK OUT NEW SCENARIOS, NEW SINGLE PLAYER EXPERIENCES, AND TOTALLY IMMERSIVE DYNAMIC CAMPAIGN SYSTEMS.

WINGS OVER THE REICH will encompass: AI, Damage Modelling, Flight Modelling, Dynamic Immersive Campaigns, and a Living World Model. As well as new software systems currently under development including Radio Communications and Intercom Systems as specifically required for WW2.

Fly and fight in a fighter squadron or a bomber squadron and experience World War II in the air as never before. Culminating in the extensive devastation of Europe by the day and night bombing raids. See towns and cities reduced to rubble over time.

http://www.wingsoverthereich.com/

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Good to mention this is from the people behind 'Wings over Flanders Fields.' Which is an absolutely amazing WWI flight sim and is one of the few games to actually have a dynamic campaign since they stopped doing those somewhere in the 90's.

So yeah, very interesting.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Great, so they'll be doing another CF3 mod and charging 60 bucks for it....cool. :M

Cfs 3 was WW 2 and they are doing whole new game about ww2...... smells like they will just use cfs 3

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Yes, looks like they will do another CFS3 mod, with an unknown amount of access to source code (they apparently have hooked up some dll before to make AI improvements). Provided they pull this one off, which I think they can, that would also mean that the real CFS3 would be realized a whole 14 years (!) after it was first released. The engine had huge potential like a lot of Microsoft sim games I can still remember how I followed the previews around 2000, and it's a huge shame that MS gave up on this (XBOX, :decline:)

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
7796.jpg

7947.jpg

7795.jpg

7794.jpg

7799.jpg

7802.jpg

Burning Bridges

bitler my man, this is almost definitely gonna be a CFS3 mod so dont expect miracles (I know you do anyway). I personally cannot play these half-sims after I was spoiled too much in DCS WW2. But the realistic ground activity of OFF is something that I would like to have too in my sims.

Burning Bridges

Not sure why you put so great hopes on this. You won't be able to pirate it, do you even realize that? And if you should intend to buy it, why not buy OFF?

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
because WW2! also with each new version they bring new features which previous versions don't have, so you can consider this WOTR as the next version of OFF

Not sure why you put so great hopes on this

because there is no other good ww2 flight sim with a dynamic campaign live or in the works apart from 20 year old european air war?

Astral Rag

Arcane
DirectX 9 for life :salute:

Not that I would mind the 2008 graphics if the gameplay is good and if the price is right.

Burning Bridges

It does not look bad, that must be said.

According to the screenshots this is going to be Battle of Britain? Have they said anything about a map of England?

Burning Bridges

What you probably miss is that there are next to no companies making flight sims these days.

MS Flight Sim is a joke. The last serious new project was IL-2 CoD which was a software disaster and resulted in mass layoffs. Oleg Maddox must live under a rock somewhere in Siberia since then.

Then you have IL-2 Stalingrad which is sort of sim lite (hate it), that strange early access Harrier sim (Combat Air Patrol something)

And Eagle Dynamics who operating independently from Russia, and charge you like you were an enterprise.

I think that's it. I recommend you try DCS, take 100-200$ and see how far you get with that. It's not like you absolutely need more than 1-3 planes.

Unwanted

Bladeract

It's Neckbeard Shitlord. Again.
Dumbfuck
Nobody can realistically make a flight sim, that's why. You already are demanding state of the art graphics, but on top of that the engine itself has to be beyond state of the art for a flight sim to work properly. Even if anyone at the small to medium size studios had the technical talent, and they largely don't even know C++, there is no way to do it well without a big budget which is never going to happen.

Burning Bridges

The point was that no one makes flight sims anymore because they are enterprise products, and this fact took about 20 years to sink in.

There are many companies who sell action games with aircraft, one that sells a sim lite for millenials (1C). And one that makes an entertainment sim, based on a codebase that took 20 years to develop (Eagle Dynamics), and did not make a profit in the first 10.

Prices go up accordingly by a factor of 5-10. For a real flight sim you can probably calculate with 50,000$ and up, and you must pay for the installation on top of it.

That's the reason all companies disappeared. Everyone wants to play a pilot but hardly anyone understands that it is real work. That's also why 99.9% of flight sims that were bought were hardly ever played.

Now as to this here. I assume OBD plan to release Wings Over the Reich - The Battle of France for 89,95$ then Battle of Britain, Battle of Britain Adlertag, Dam Busters and Messerschmitt 109 edition for 109$ each and on until 1945 you probably spend 1000. And that's maybe the sole reason this ever gets made.

What I meant with regards to Makabb is that he seems to have never played OFF but fantasizes, even though this will costs 100s of $, and he is much too stingy for that.

Burning Bridges

Pretty much the dumbest movie I have ever seen, but it wanted to make up for it with a big budget :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom