Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Will we ever get a version of Underrail released that hasn't been obfuscated?

Codex Year of the Donut
I want to make mods but I don't have the free time to deal with obfuscated decompiled source.

epeli

Arcane
Not in the foreseeable future.

I think I understand what Styg's agenda is. He'd rather have you make your own game than mod his. And it works! Some years ago dmonin asked about Underrail SDK. Apparently he decided modding it was too much of a hassle and started making his own game instead.
https://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/ind...-sci-fi-turn-based-rpg-in-development.118131/

Still, I'm hoping that Styg will eventually release the source or at least the development version with unobfuscated exe and xml files.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
In case the bytecode is never released, modders will fix it anyway once there are no further patches. See what happened to Starcraft, it even has an ARM version.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom