Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Will Fight for Food: Super Actual Sellout: Game of the Hour

pyroary

Ubisoft Abu Dhabi
Developer
pkBqdio.png

(yes, that's the real name of the game)

Hi Codex, I'm the developer of Unrest, a game some of you maybe-sorta-kinda liked! I've got a new game coming out on April 22, which is a full rewrite+remake of a game I made back in 2012.

WFFF: SAS: GOTH is a comedy Role Playing Beat 'em up where you play as a Luchador, and you can solve every scenario by either:
  1. Talking to people like a reasonable person
  2. Beating up the quest-giver or the quest-goal (or both)
  3. Just beating up or talking to random people with disregard for the quest order
  4. Your call really, you are the self appointed sheriff of the entire universe
A well written description is available on my website. There's also this trailer which sums up the game:

P.S. If the Codex mods would like review copies, PM me and I'll send them over! :)

Morkar Left

Doesn't sound bad. RPG or freeroaming beat'em up? Or both?

pyroary

Ubisoft Abu Dhabi
Developer
I am not sure if this is the right game for my family and I. Although I have always wanted to punch a small business owner.

If small business owners don't float your family's boat, you can always punch politicians or large business owners.

You can punch characters from all walks of life.

If you plant a punch in the ground, it will grow up and become a tree that punches everyone.

zwanzig_zwoelf

If this game allows to change the appearance of the protagonist to resemble El Grapadura from Angry Beavers, then I'm sold.
latest

pyroary

Ubisoft Abu Dhabi
Developer
Doesn't sound bad. RPG or freeroaming beat'em up? Or both?

It is both - you roam around in an open world city, and you can play the game like an RPG or a beat 'em up.

All scenarios can be solved peacefully or by using violence - and there's fun dialog and changes in the ending if you do crazy stuff like fighting people for no reason, deliberately doing quest stuff out of order and so on.

There's 3 distinct endings with a lot of minor stuff that changes depending on how you complete various scenarios.

pyroary

Ubisoft Abu Dhabi
Developer
If this game allows to change the appearance of the protagonist to resemble El Grapadura from Angry Beavers, then I'm sold.

Right now there isn't player customization so you'll always look like a homeless luchador JC Denton, but we might add this in a future patch. No promises though :)

Norfleet

Eh, surely this cannot be too hard. You have to load the textures from somewhere, why not allow it to load the texture of the user's choice, so he can supply his own custom skin? I think this should be considered an integral feature, really. Otherwise your game is kind of a flop.

pyroary

Ubisoft Abu Dhabi
Developer
Eh, surely this cannot be too hard. You have to load the textures from somewhere, why not allow it to load the texture of the user's choice, so he can supply his own custom skin? I think this should be considered an integral feature, really. Otherwise your game is kind of a flop.

Yeah, if different customization options are only color swaps then it is easy. But if customization also means drawing different fighting moves for different body types, different animations and (maybe) different dialog then it ends up being too costly for a small team like us.

Like Unrest, this is a game about playing as a certain character in the world and thus the PC is not a blank slate, so there's that to consider too.

BUT if just swapping out colors to include designs similar-but-not-copyright-infringing to El Santo and El Grapadura makes you guys happy, I'm all for it!

Norfleet

Yeah, if different customization options are only color swaps then it is easy. But if customization also means drawing different fighting moves for different body types, different animations and (maybe) different dialog then it ends up being too costly for a small team like us.
Of course. That's why I specifically mentioned the customization of your wrestleman mask.

GlutenBurger

Cipher
You mean "Game of the Hour Edition," don't you? Because I think I get the joke, but it doesn't quite come across without the word "edition."

This thread is also a reminder that I need to do another playthrough of Unrest at some point. I finished it three times and never encountered its combat system.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom