Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wii Games recommandations and tons of subquestions

mogwaimon

Magister
People barely play it anymore and because it's a Wii exclusive it often gets overlooked, but if you're into fighting games Tatsunoko vs Capcom is an interesting one. Lots of classic animu characters and Mahvel-like gameplay make for a fun time, but you're going to want a couple of Classic controllers. Which you should get one or two of those anyways for Xenoblade Chronicles if you play that.
If you pick up Twilight Princess do as the above poster says and go for the Gamecube version. Before the Wii U HD port came out people swore by the Gamecube version over the Wii one for some reason, likely because you can use a GCN controller for the Gamecube port while the Wii version forces waggle controls and makes Link right-handed.
Kirby's Epic Yarn is an interesting little platformer, nice for a more relaxed afternoon and also supports co-op. Return to Dreamland is ultimately the superior game but both are worth a play, IMO.
Also New Super Mario Bros is good for multiplayer of course, but keep in mind that since you have a CFW system you can pick up a few nice level hacks for it. I'd recommend anything by Skawo and the rest of the team for Newer Super Mario Bros like the aforementioned Newer or Skawo's solo project, Another Mario Bros. With user content if you want a change of pace for Smash you can mod in characters too, or install Project M which makes Brawl a bit more interesting, and there are plenty of modded tracks for Mario Kart Wii, too.

I couldn't really say if there's anything else like Rhythm Heaven on the system, but I do have a recommendation for a DS game if you enjoy that sort of gameplay. It's a bit obscure now, but it was a launch title on the DS called like...XX/XY or something like that. It was a rather odd game about a rabbit man trying to woo the love of his life, which is done through a series of mini-minigames kinda like Warioware. I must have sunk hours into it back in high school, it was good fun. The game ended up getting a sequel as well but as I recall it wasn't as charming so I personally did not get as much enjoyment out of it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom