Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
Unwanted

Bustamonte

Unwanted
Shitposter
If you were born in the 80s on I doubt most people know abba. That is about the last time I heard an abba song.

Mustawd

man you recognize ace of base, the worst of them all, and you didnt even know about abba

a) how old are you
b) where are you from
c) what do you listen to

a) early 30s
b) the kwan
c) Mid to late 90s rap, early 2000s rap, alternative, Rage Against the Machine, classical, pop, salsa, merengue, bachata, cha cha, and your typical top 40 songs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mustawd

Yeah srsly not knowing ABBA is very strange, even if you think they sucked, everyone knows them. Must be a millennial.

Technically yes, I guess. Ace of Base was popular when I was in middle school...I think. It's back when we used to sit by the radio waiting for a good song to play and record it on our cassette tape. But the DJ would normally fuck it up by saying something stupid at the beginning.

So like Celine Deion was pretty popular. Coolio was as well...Alanis Morissette had that stupid Ironic song all over the radio. It's around that time that I remember Ace of Base.

EDIT: Hmm, who else was popular in the early and mid 90s? Lemme think...REM, Silverchair...Nirvana...Cranberries...Bone Thugs and Harmony had the big hit Crossroads..Korn..STP..President of the United States...Greenday...The Offspring..Trick Daddy had that "Shut Up" song....Marcy's Playground had that sex and candy song....Butthole surfers (jesus that's like 6th or 7th grade)...Alice in Chains..White Zombie? Yeah, that's early and mid 90s for sure.

EDIT 2: A mod should really split this thread, cuz we derailed poor sweet Iren's banned thread. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
We have now collated sufficient brofist information.

Thank you to all those who participated in this thread.

Unwanted

Bustamonte

Unwanted
Shitposter
They were a big deal...in the disco era. Which was all but dead by the time you were born. If you don't remember watching solid gold dancers I doubt you would remember them.

Mustawd

Oh ok. Well forget it then. Shit was before my time. Funny enough I was raised on oldies, because that's what my parents listened to. Still, no ABBA.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
man you recognize ace of base, the worst of them all, and you didnt even know about abba

a) how old are you
b) where are you from
c) what do you listen to

a) early 30s
b) the kwan
c) Mid to late 90s rap, early 2000s rap, alternative, Rage Against the Machine, classical, pop, salsa, merengue, bachata, cha cha, and your typical top 40 songs.
how can you have lived 30 years, in such a culturally rich country, and stuck with such simple and shitty culture consumption? RATM is good shit, but other than that...
were you raised in a poor neighborhood?
are you black?

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Do note how shameful derailment is completely kosher when it distracts from most pressing issues, such as Trash abusing our 100% white bro due to leftard butthurt whilst also sporting that horrendous travesty called an avatar whereas common folk must abide by proper avatar hygiene.

Meanwhile, the slightest hint of criticism towards transsexual mutant freakery, the Doritos agenda, zionist weeaboo plots and the merits of hacks and quacks such as Ken Levine, is regularly branded as off-topic discussion and thus absolutely haram. I smell something foul, and by Jove, it isn't just my crotch.

Mustawd

how can you have lived 30 years, in such a culturally rich country, and stuck with such simple and shitty culture consumption? RATM is good shit, but other than that...
were you raised in a poor neighborhood?
are you black?

Yes to the first question. I was raised in a low income hispanic neighborhood with gangs and other stupid shit. Think a less violent Blood in Blood Out. So rap was the big deal around where I lived. Bone Thugs and Harmony were the shit when I was a kid. Plus a bunch of other indie/christian rappers, as evangalist/rapture religion was big back then.

Anyway, I had no sense of music till I got older. Like I said in another post, I was raised on 60s-70s oldies cuz that's what my parents listened to. Now, I don't have time for finding bands and whatever. I just put in my favorites in Pandora or I listen or make playlists in Spotify.

No to the seond question. Jesus, I'm not Iren FFS.

Mustawd

Do note how shameful derailment is completely kosher when it distracts from most pressing issues, such as Trash abusing our 100% white bro due to leftard butthurt whilst also sporting that horrendous travesty called an avatar whereas common folk must abide by proper avatar hygiene.

Meanwhile, the slightest hint of criticism towards transsexual mutant freakery, the Doritos agenda, zionist weeaboo plots and the merits of hacks and quacks such as Ken Levine, is regularly branded as off-topic discussion and thus absolutely haram. I smell something foul, and by Jove, it isn't just my crotch.

Christ, you guys just keep popping up.

Mustawd

Oh ok. Well forget it then. Shit was before my time. Funny enough I was raised on oldies, because that's what my parents listened to. Still, no ABBA.
Well, it's kinda like you didn't knew who is Helmut Kohl or Jimmy Carter.

Last time I checked they didn't teach the history of post-disco pop in school. However, Jimmy and Helmut WERE covered in the curriculum. Not the best analogy mate.

Mustawd

DarkUnderlord , can you get one of your minions to split this thread? This derailment, while interesting, is not doing justice to Iren's passing.

Please?
Cant-Say-No-to-this-Face.jpg

Mortmal

Arcane
Not reading all of this but if i understand well irenaeus was banned cause hes a black guy ? That's really lame codex.
He had just regained his shoutbox privileges and was so happy to post his hairy torso selfpics in it.He must be devastated now and have no more purpose in life , free irenaeus now !

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
06-131-rear-derailleur.jpg

Well, it's kinda like you didn't knew who is Helmut Kohl or Jimmy Carter.

Last time I checked they didn't teach the history of post-disco pop in school. However, Jimmy and Helmut WERE covered in the curriculum. Not the best analogy mate.
Well, I for one can't recall reading about them in school but learning only through news/media. Could be me, could be the system.

However, what I meant to say, that not entirely unlike ABBA, they were also pretty big names at their heyday, but nowadays somewhat obsolete.

And jesus, ABBA is disco, not post-disco, get your facts straight, young man.

Mustawd

Well, I for one can't recall reading about them in school but learning only through news/media. Could be me, could be the system.

We read about Helmut and Jimmy in school. *shrug* Typical Kwan education.

However, what I meant to say, that not entirely unlike ABBA, they were also pretty big names at their heyday, but nowadays somewhat obsolete. And jesus, ABBA is disco, not post-disco, get your facts straight, young man.

Dude, I don't know. But thanks for the education.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Abba being an obscure swedish band?! Dude I'm younger than you and know all their hits, you just know Abba, there's no way around it. It's like saying "lol never heard of Jimmy Hendrix, shit was before my time". You are a good guy Mustawd but here your kwan-ness is showing :P

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
Dumbfuck
Is there no end to the staff's devious machinations? First they send Mustawd to spam up Iren's banning thread... now they change the carefully selected anime tag to butthurt

:mob:

Wise men like JCD saw this coming.

Diversionary tactic 101. Deride the case and play it off as humor. Those kikes have gotten better at it since jcd

thesoup

Arcane
Thank you to all those who participated in this thread.

Wait....do you remember ABBA? Cuz I can't be the only one who doesn't. I mean it's an obscure Swedish band FFS. But people ITT are making me feel like I am missing something big.
>obscure swedish band

Literally everyone's second thought after hearing "sweden", after IKEA.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom