Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why the lack of news coverage of real rpgs?

Viata

Arcane
It's always the same. Roqua complain about how some game he likes is not having any coverage here, yet do nothing to help people read about the game. Why don't you create threads for those games? Why don't you write any reviews for those games? Why would expect anyone to do your job? If you are not satisfied with how codex is not doing news coverage of "real rpg", why don't you do that?

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Last Dream 2

Goblin_Witch_Doctor.png

:prosper:

Halcyon 6

That doesn't look too bad actually. Has that FTL vibe.

ss_22d7938b1bacc6eb4f4321c279732bbdf5a9167b.1920x1080.jpg

After the End: The Harvest

z_A1r3_Q.png

:prosper:

I hear last Dream was a legit well made jRPG. So not sure if you even know what you're talking about.

Last Dream is not really a jrpg at all even though made in RPGMaker. It is much more of a mix of western rpgs and a dungeon crawler. You would like it. After the End is a jrpg since you do not create a character or have a choice in character development, I mention it because everyone shits themselves over games like this such as Ys and Zelda, but ignore it when a pc exclusive that is decent enough for even me to kind of like it comes out is annoying.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Now, if the people who went to the street car racing forum and they tried to actively destroy street car racing it would probably infuriate you. You would want them to not post or talk or come close to the forum, because there really is no reason for them to be there and the forum was an actual good place to discuss street car racing before it was infested with these non-fans who actively try and destroy the hobby you love with a passion.

Please tell me how we've been activily destroying the genre (and provide examples if you can).

We would have to go back to 2001 and PoR, then all real rpgs made after that up through and including Torment:ToN. I've explained this about a million times. If you want proof specific proof go to rpgdot and look at all the posts of toee when it came out, or go to the Atari forums and read the threads about it when it came out. And look at its sales. Now play it and tell me it isn't fucking awesome. In 10 years when T:ToN is considered a classic it won't matter if people buy it. All that matters is supporting the devs who make actual rpgs.

Does this site do that? No, of course not. It is too busy loving console games with super lite rpg elements for retards and hipster non rpgs like Darkest Dungeon, Battle Brothers, FTL, Long Jounrey Whatever, and blatant non rpgs for consoles.

Darkest Dungeon and Battle Brothers could have been made to be rpgs. They could have been made to fulfil the goal of real rpgs. But they are not rpgs. They have no chardev, recruitable throwaway party members, and combat way worse than good real rpgs have. Are they decent strategy games with lite rpg elements? Yes. I personally don't care for them, but I do like the new XComs which is strategy games. I enjoyed Aarklash Legacy and really loved its combat and that is a strategy game, or strategy/jrpgish game - and most jrpgs are clearly not rpgs at all.

I could literally go on and on with example after example but it won't matter? Why, because guys are lemmings and immune to truth and most of you are too young to even be real people or have opinions that matter. And I don't say this to be mean as I am trying to be a super nice guy now. I say it because young people are stupid and don't have an valid opinions on anything. If you disagree with me now wait 20 years and tell me then if I'm right or not. We were all young morons with nothing worthwhile to say or think at one point, and at that point we thought what we thought and our oppinions matter. Then we grow up and learn differently.

I have like 15+ years of solid, consistent and correct posts on pretty much everything but especially rpgs and how to help or hurt the market.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
It's always the same. Roqua complain about how some game he likes is not having any coverage here, yet do nothing to help people read about the game. Why don't you create threads for those games? Why don't you write any reviews for those games? Why would expect anyone to do your job? If you are not satisfied with how codex is not doing news coverage of "real rpg", why don't you do that?

Why wont they give me and my people our own forum and allow us to ban people from it who don't actually like rpgs so we can actually have discussions worth having without the hordes of retards ruining it as usual? Why isn't the sky rainbow colored all the time? WHy is boobs good? Why do I have to wear stupid pants all the time to work? Why are people perfectly capable of working allowed to collect SSD and steal money from working people who deserve the money they worked for? Why do orientals have small penises? Why are college kids such whiny bitches? Why are Indians weird? Why are meatballs so delicious? Why is everything delicious unhealthy? Why don't all girls let me fuck them?

Reapa

Doom Preacher

Why wont they give me and my people our own forum and allow us to ban people from it who don't actually like rpgs so we can actually have discussions worth having without the hordes of retards ruining it as usual? Why isn't the sky rainbow colored all the time? WHy is boobs good? Why do I have to wear stupid pants all the time to work? Why are people perfectly capable of working allowed to collect SSD and steal money from working people who deserve the money they worked for? Why do orientals have small penises? Why are college kids such whiny bitches? Why are Indians weird? Why are meatballs so delicious? Why is everything delicious unhealthy? Why don't all girls let me fuck them?
why don't you have a proper avatar?

Prime Junta

Sometimes I almost forget that a significant fraction of Codexia is clinically insane. Thanks for the reminder everyone.

Weasel

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Sometimes I almost forget that a significant fraction of Codexia is clinically insane. Thanks for the reminder everyone.

Please articulate how and why I am insane. I propose I am one of the few sane people in the world.

But before we go further, as a test of your sanity, is there any Government you support that pays money to the family's of citizens who kill innocent, non-combatant people (and themselves in the process) in egregious acts of terror and racial and religious hatred? If so you are either totally insane, been indoctrinated into a cult, or a complete savage.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom