Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why the lack of news coverage of real rpgs?

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Trust Roqua YES! to have a valid point and manage to shit all over it on his own, lol.

Trully outstanding work ^^

:hero:

I'll shit on my posts all fucking day. And night. And the next day. You just stand there and ask how high when I tell you to jump, fuckface.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
What I'd like to do before I die is interview Tim Cain and show all you bitches how an interview with someone who knows their shit to someone who knows way more shit should go. Not these monkey things called interviews modeling themselves on that guy who interviews reality tv people on his show that my wife loves. He is a tall skinny guy who I think is gay. He could just be young and seems gay like all young people but aged really poorly. But I don't think so. I think he is of a normal generation is just likes the cock.

He will roll up his windows and lock the car doors the moment he sees you.

I don't want to interview him in person you fucking idiot.

Unwanted

Wonderdog

Neckbeard Shitlord's alt
What I'd like to do before I die is interview Tim Cain and show all you bitches how an interview with someone who knows their shit to someone who knows way more shit should go. Not these monkey things called interviews modeling themselves on that guy who interviews reality tv people on his show that my wife loves. He is a tall skinny guy who I think is gay. He could just be young and seems gay like all young people but aged really poorly. But I don't think so. I think he is of a normal generation is just likes the cock.

He will roll up his windows and lock the car doors the moment he sees you.

I don't want to interview him in person you fucking idiot.

I suspect he will lock his virtual car doors and roll up his virtual windows as well.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
I don't even read news postings, lol. I only come to the forum.

That said, I'd be all for total boycott of anything with an "action-" in title, of confused strategy games et cetera. In fact, nothing would make me more proud than setting the bar so high the Codex wouldn't have any post-1994 games to cover at all. Alas, I might be in minority there, so I'll have to settle for whatever low standarts there are still (i.e. mostly no flash shovelware, mostly no weeaboo filth).

But then you wouldn't be able to cover the release of Grimoire.

Cadmus

Arcane
didn't read...it's always the same

AKTIN RPG FOR KIDS....FUCK MY WIFE PLEASE....IDIOT NOOBS CHILDREN JAPANESE CARTOON

Unwanted

Wonderdog

Neckbeard Shitlord's alt
Where did roqua go? Why is he suddenly quet? Did someone give him his meds?

And by meds of course, I mean black cock for his wife.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
I am generally and honestly confused by this - there seems to be no reason, or good reason, not to post about real rpgs not being released. Especially considering you cover blatant non rpgs or stupid news like Bethesda making one of their FO games available on GOG. Can't you throw a bone to the indie developers of real rpgs and at least make a token news post about their games being released?

Is there a policy on what constitutes news worth a news post and not? Why the coverage of non rpgs and the dearth of coverage on actual rpgs?

What is your agenda? It seems the only indies you cover are the hipster approved shit games with or without minor rpg elements and major rpg releases.

I am hoping you will have some sort of reasonable reason not to cover the release of real rpgs. If the reason is your community is not interested in real rpgs, and only interested in hipster shit and major releases so they can bash them while loving console bullshit it would be good to know.

If you hate this forum so much, and truly think for some goddanm reason we contibuted to "The Fall of Real RPG's". Then why are you still here?

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
I am generally and honestly confused by this - there seems to be no reason, or good reason, not to post about real rpgs not being released. Especially considering you cover blatant non rpgs or stupid news like Bethesda making one of their FO games available on GOG. Can't you throw a bone to the indie developers of real rpgs and at least make a token news post about their games being released?

Is there a policy on what constitutes news worth a news post and not? Why the coverage of non rpgs and the dearth of coverage on actual rpgs?

What is your agenda? It seems the only indies you cover are the hipster approved shit games with or without minor rpg elements and major rpg releases.

I am hoping you will have some sort of reasonable reason not to cover the release of real rpgs. If the reason is your community is not interested in real rpgs, and only interested in hipster shit and major releases so they can bash them while loving console bullshit it would be good to know.

If you hate this forum so much, and truly think for some goddanm reason we contibuted to "The Fall of Real RPG's". Then why are you still here?

Or, maybe we could pretend the world was sane and expect the people posting on an rpg site to, you know, kind of like rpgs or something instead of questioning why one of the few people that do like rpgs hasn't left yet.

Let me guess, you are a leftist? This is crazy logic that can only make sense to the young and or insane.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
don't you know? indie devs rarely have the money to bribe infinitron. he has high "standards". plus the rich devs will not only pay to be heard, they will pay for silencing the competition to boot. there must be some formula to determine just how much you would have to "matter" to be in the news, just ask infinitron about it.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Or, maybe we could pretend the world was sane

No.

and expect the people posting on an rpg site to, you know, kind of like rpgs or something instead of questioning why one of the few people that do like rpgs hasn't left yet.

Actually the great majority of people here like RPG's. And the remaining small portion come here for the general discussion.

You will have a great deal of trouble finding any other forum wich can rival the Codex in that aspect.

Were not so we would have not supported the games we did. Nor had put up with Cleve for so long and we would already told him to fuck off. Nor had any members from this community creating RPG's.

I might agree though that a significant portion here likes them for the wrong reasons (story-fagging and C&C).

Let me guess, you are a leftist? This is crazy logic that can only make sense to the young and or insane.

No. Although I admit I am young.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
no one complains about the non-rpg hipster games this site covers
Why complaining? I just ignore them and talk about games which are worth it, that's a more productive use of my time.

Games such as Zelda, Pokeman, Hipster Hipfest 2000, and Metal Gear Something?

Actually games that belong to the general dsicussion usually have a new thread when a new installement is realeased or when some codexer wants/has gotten into. But they always end up being really small threads.
While if you head over to the RPG/jRPG forums will see a lot of new threads about 10+ year old games. Thread that almost always pass the 20 pages mark.

Also what's so wrong with liking other game genres besides RPG's?

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
No. Although I admit I am young.

Get out of town! I would have never guessed it.

Also what's so wrong with liking other game genres besides RPG's?

Nothing, besides that the majority of the posters here think they like rpgs when they like other genres with some rpg lite elements.

If you were wicked into car racing/drag racing/street racing or whatever it is called, and really into fast street cars, and you went to a forum that was supposed to be about street car racing and street cars and 95% of the people on this forum kinda sorta liked street car racing and street cars but also loved building trains and model cars and jet skiing and regular skiing even more and hijacked every thread that could contain some worthwhile discussion on street cars and street car racing with a bunch of other bullshit and unqualified and sophomoric opinion it would probably anger you.

Now, if the people who went to the street car and street car racing forum who liked the idea of it more than actually was a fan of it, and they tried to actively destroy street car racing and street cars while it would probably infuriate you. You would want them to not psot or talk or come close to the forum because there really is no reason for them to be there and the forum was an actual good place to discuss street cars and street car racing before it was infested with these non-fans who actively try and destroy the hobby you love with a passion.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Nothing, besides that the majority of the posters here think they like rpgs when they like other genres with some rpg lite elements.

I would like evidence for this statement.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Now, if the people who went to the street car racing forum and they tried to actively destroy street car racing it would probably infuriate you. You would want them to not post or talk or come close to the forum, because there really is no reason for them to be there and the forum was an actual good place to discuss street car racing before it was infested with these non-fans who actively try and destroy the hobby you love with a passion.

Please tell me how we've been activily destroying the genre (and provide examples if you can).

Mustawd

Last Dream 2

Goblin_Witch_Doctor.png

:prosper:

Halcyon 6

That doesn't look too bad actually. Has that FTL vibe.

ss_22d7938b1bacc6eb4f4321c279732bbdf5a9167b.1920x1080.jpg

After the End: The Harvest

z_A1r3_Q.png

:prosper:

I hear last Dream was a legit well made jRPG. So not sure if you even know what you're talking about.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom