Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why the lack of news coverage of real rpgs?

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
I am generally and honestly confused by this - there seems to be no reason, or good reason, not to post about real rpgs not being released. Especially considering you cover blatant non rpgs or stupid news like Bethesda making one of their FO games available on GOG. Can't you throw a bone to the indie developers of real rpgs and at least make a token news post about their games being released?

Is there a policy on what constitutes news worth a news post and not? Why the coverage of non rpgs and the dearth of coverage on actual rpgs?

What is your agenda? It seems the only indies you cover are the hipster approved shit games with or without minor rpg elements and major rpg releases.

I am hoping you will have some sort of reasonable reason not to cover the release of real rpgs. If the reason is your community is not interested in real rpgs, and only interested in hipster shit and major releases so they can bash them while loving console bullshit it would be good to know.

Andhaira

Arcane
Is there a policy on what constitutes news worth a news post and not? Why the coverage of non rpgs and the dearth of coverage on actual rpgs?

What is your agenda?

12987.jpg
12987.jpg
12987.jpg
12987.jpg
12987.jpg
12987.jpg
12987.jpg
12987.jpg
12987.jpg
12987.jpg
12987.jpg
12987.jpg
12987.jpg

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Shut the fuck up roqua

Or? What? You will retardo my posts or edit them with your nonsense and do all the fucking bullshit you guys already do to me?

Regarding Rogua, please see my signature and it's all explained there.

Unwanted

Wonderdog

Neckbeard Shitlord's alt
Do not challenge the elders of zyklon or you will lose everything.

Unwanted

Wonderdog

Neckbeard Shitlord's alt
What's brown and sounds like a bell? DUNG!!!!

Also roqua when he's singing.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Could you define what a real RPG is? I know some people who think Zelda is an RPG.

I've defined them well over 10 years ago and everyone agreed with me and the opposition admitted I was technically right. That's the only kind of right that matters so I am just plain old right.

A horse of course

I just wanted everyone to know I deleted my "what is an rpg" comment. In my haste to be first to make an obvious joke, I failed to read buru5's post and humiliated myself in the process. I hope everyone can forgive me and I promise to do better in the future.

Thanks

- Ed

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Could you define what a real RPG is? I know some people who think Zelda is an RPG.

I've defined them well over 10 years ago and everyone agreed with me and the opposition admitted I was technically right. That's the only kind of right that matters so I am just plain old right.

I'm not doubting that. I just want to see the definition.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck

I'm not doubting that. I just want to see the definition.

Wait a second - it sounds like you want me to do your research for you. For free even. Once you find it and see that I am right (as always) you can feel free to share it free of charge to people demanding the answer from you.

I would like an answer to my question which has not been answered ever so I cannot find what has never been said.

Unwanted

Wonderdog

Neckbeard Shitlord's alt
An RPG gaem has dungeons and it has dragons, and it has a party of adventurers who can level up.

existential_vacuum

.PNG Police
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Hey everyone. I wanted to save everybody some time by posting Roqua'sYES!'s definition of what RPG really is.
rpg.png

That's right. RPG is a triangle!
I'd like to apologize for stealing it and posting in Tim Cain's thread without YES! blessing. I promise to do better in the future.
P. S.
glasses.png

EDIT: fixed image hosting fuckery

Last edited:

mondblut

Arcane
Can't you throw a bone to the indie developers of real rpgs and at least make a token news post about their games being released?

Knights of the Chalice being released is not exactly news. Neither is Grimoire, for wholly different reasons.

Do you live in some kind of a parallel dimension where real rpgs are actually being made?

Weasel
What is your agenda? It seems the only indies you cover are the hipster approved shit games with or without minor rpg elements and major rpg releases.

I am hoping you will have some sort of reasonable reason not to cover the release of real rpgs. If the reason is your community is not interested in real rpgs, and only interested in hipster shit and major releases so they can bash them while loving console bullshit it would be good to know.

To be fair, they did also cater to your interests by covering releases of true, real, non-console RPGs like ME:A, so at least give them points for trying...

Okay, I bought this game as I really like the prior three Mass Effects. As usual my spiel on this game is the only important and sensible one so there will be no use reading after this and the thread may as well be closed.

1) This game has the best rpg system out of all 4. It has the most options and in my opinion with the constant need to research it has the best itemization (so far).
2) You can change builds at any time but your research is where the opportunity cost is since most items are specialized and not general. You can also make weird builds that work well.
3) The main character looks like shit in all choices. His neck is thin enough to belong to a crack head in the final threshes of an AIDS death. He also wears skinny pants like a fucking pansy ass bitch. I thought I made a decentish looking guy but he looked more and more like a malnourished terrorist mole in cut scenes and I started over. My next guy had the ass eyes of a downy in cut scenes. My third guy I had to settle for a white with constantly confused eyebrows. But he was the only one I could get a bbeard to work on and hid their fucking emo face and his hairline worked with the only normal haircut.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom