Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why is titan quest so bad

Shadenuat

Arcane
Running around with wolves magma golem and frolicking nymph is cool though.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I find it mind-blowing how 10 years later someone looked at Titan Quest and went "you know what this game REALLY needs? About 15 more hours of running around huge generic areas!"

Seriously, that Ragnarök expansion is pure garbage. Most underwhelming boss battles I ever played in a game.

johnnie_W

Barely Literate
Ive played both divinites quite some time ago and still remember that I enjoyed the both, maybe I should do a rerun and play em again
About titan quest, just completed it with 2nd char(already mentioned defense + nature) and managed to achieve hardcore achievement with 0 deaths, 1st playthrough(warfare + runes) gave me 134 deaths so wanted to retry a game with more of a defensive build
The thing is, after completing the game for the 2nd time, it got me bored(game is still good but just too boring if you play it more than once) and went straight back to diablo II, after all these years, still, nothing can compare to it
Also tried grimdawn and torchlight I & II but didnt enjoy em, same thing with diablo III which is completely unworthy of its predecessor(wont call any of these games bad like some of you guys like to yell but they sure got me bored pretty fast)

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
Currently playing this with a few pals. Was fun for a while, but at the end of Act 3/4, we're getting tired with it. Wouldn't say it's bad, but it's hampered by having a limited bags of tricks (kill, loot, level up) and for most people it will likely outstay its welcome. I get that this is a grindy genre, and that fans will want a decent playtime, but 30+ hours is just way too long. Would have enjoyed it more if it was around 60% of the (length/enemies) with faster XP gain and better loot. Any thoughts on how Grim Dawn stacks up in terms of pacing/length?

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Currently playing this with a few pals. Was fun for a while, but at the end of Act 3/4, we're getting tired with it. Wouldn't say it's bad, but it's hampered by having a limited bags of tricks (kill, loot, level up) and for most people it will likely outstay its welcome. I get that this is a grindy genre, and that fans will want a decent playtime, but 30+ hours is just way too long. Would have enjoyed it more if it was around 60% of the (length/enemies) with faster XP gain and better loot. Any thoughts on how Grim Dawn stacks up in terms of pacing/length?

did you like having to add mastery points to access new skills? then you'll love Grim Dawn. titan quest really dropped the ball on this one by letting you actually have a decent amount of points to put into the skills themselves.

Renevent

Cipher
Love TQ, one of my favorite ARPG's along with D2 and GD. Someone already went through and corrected the moronic statements made in this thread so I won't go through them again but there's some truly ignorant shit being said especially regarding "useless masteries." I second the person who mentioned playing the Underlord mod as well, def improves some things and does speed up the early progression as well.

I haven't played the new DLC, and don't plan too. It doesn't look well made to begin with and Grim Dawn pretty much outclasses TQ in almost every regard anyways so no point in replaying it.

Sykar

Arcane
hack and slash games always a waste of time because they force u to do tedious repetitive boring shit. the only reason anyone would play through one are interesting locations and characters, none of which titan quest had.with the advent of lets plays you can avoid playing them altogether.

to make it even worse titan quest is huge. huge boring shit. diablo 1 takes about 6 hours to finish, has a semi-interesting story (i enjoyed it when i was a kid); titan quest takes 60 hours and i cant remember a single character or event or story element, nothing.

it's a piece of shit.

That is just complete and utter nonsense. You can just play through the game once and have a good time. No one forces you to hunt those super rare perfect gear pieces so you can squeeze out another 5% DPS. In fact you can complete the game self found if you have a decent build even on higher difficulties as long as you take care of your resistances.

Okagron

Prophet
I find it mind-blowing how 10 years later someone looked at Titan Quest and went "you know what this game REALLY needs? About 15 more hours of running around huge generic areas!"

Seriously, that Ragnarök expansion is pure garbage. Most underwhelming boss battles I ever played in a game.
The thing that threw me off with Ragnarok was the fact you fight human enemies. You spend four full acts fighting nothing but monsters and suddenly, human enemies. It seemed out of place for me, specially when the whole story in the first four acts seems to be man versus monster.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom