Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RTS Who is interested in a small Command & Conquer tourney?

Am I interested?

• Yes

• Hell Yeah

• Absolutely!

• King Komrade (i want to do this RITE NAO)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Ahhh, Command & Conquer. Vice of my Childhood. After a game of OpenRA against Dayallu (you rock m8) I have my taste-buds are on fire. And what better way than to douse them in a small C&C tourney? Who would be interested in such a thing here? Who wants to play? (You know you do).

PS: OpenRA is 100% free. Just like your mother.

Johannes

Arcane
I haven't played the game in 15+ years, and never in multiplayer, I'll give it a spin to see if I like it at all in this point. What's a good skirmish map to practice on?

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik

Johannes

Arcane
yeah, though I've never used it at all besides installing a game. But the nick is mestaritareenalla, just joined Codex group.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Ahnowledged. Affirmativ.

Wait not RA but the original C&C?? I haven't played that since early childhood!

Declinator

Arbiter
Ahnowledged. Affirmativ.

Wait not RA but the original C&C?? I haven't played that since early childhood!

It has Dune2000, Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert. Neither C&C nor RA have complete campaigns and they seem to have tried to "balance" Tiberian Dawn which has, as can be expected, ruined everything. GDI can now build turrets and Nod can build guard towers. Nod also needs to build Temple of Nod to be able to build Stealth tanks and Obelisks! Obelisk's range has also been nerfed. Red Alert seems to be much closer to the original version.

The AI seems to be infinitely better than the one in the original games.

A horse of course

I'm not really interested in offering myself in servitude to raw's taste buds

Dayyālu

Arcane
Raw humbled me yesterday in Dune 2000 (it's incomplete, sadly, and most features work badly like Grenadiers chain exploding) and Red Alert with masterful use of Infantry. Well, I can join if it does not become too big.

I played a bit last year (mostly TibDawn), and yep, tankspam is the way to go to be somewhat competitive. Nod Light Tanks are surprisingly effective.

RA tech tree is so confusing. I don't remember what half of the units are supposed to do. Old age, dammit.

Declinator

Arbiter
Did a bit of editing on the YAML files for an "authentic" Tiberian Dawn experience.

Changelog:
-Obelisk needs only Com Center instead of Temple of Nod
-GDI does not have Turret
-Nod does not have Guard Tower
-MCV needs Temple of Nod or Adv. Com Center
-Light Tank, Artillery, and Medium Tank do not need Com Center
-Mammoth Tank needs Repair Bay and not Adv. Com Center
-Orca does not need Com Center
-Mobile Rocket Launcher needs Adv. Com Center and Mobile Sam needs Temple of Nod

Just overwrite the three files in mods/cnc/rules:
http://www.filedropper.com/authenticcnc

I may have been mistaken about them nerfing Obelisk's range but I'm not quite sure. I don't have any hard data about its original range. Artillery and Mobile Rocket Launcher have a significantly higher range though.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
Does it include "Village of the Damned?" Love that map.
nope :cry:

I'm not really interested in offering myself in servitude to raw's taste buds
Ed123 has been signed up for your tourney.

Did a bit of editing on the YAML files for an "authentic" Tiberian Dawn experience.

Changelog:
-Obelisk needs only Com Center instead of Temple of Nod
-GDI does not have Turret
-Nod does not have Guard Tower
-MCV needs Temple of Nod or Adv. Com Center
-Light Tank, Artillery, and Medium Tank do not need Com Center
-Mammoth Tank needs Repair Bay and not Adv. Com Center
-Orca does not need Com Center
-Mobile Rocket Launcher needs Adv. Com Center and Mobile Sam needs Temple of Nod

Just overwrite the three files in mods/cnc/rules:
http://www.filedropper.com/authenticcnc

I may have been mistaken about them nerfing Obelisk's range but I'm not quite sure. I don't have any hard data about its original range. Artillery and Mobile Rocket Launcher have a significantly higher range though.

Ps4+and+wii+u+_0ef8838301cba1a6ecca1052252ee41d.gif

Declinator

Arbiter
Alright did some totally scientific testing in the original version:
ZK4xWLQ.png

The range of the Obelisk in buggies (for lack of a better metric). Note the enemy soldier unable to reach my testing facility because of the concrete wall...

I fixed the range of most land units/buildings in OpenRA though I didn't test all of them comprehensively. Land-to-air and air-to-land remains unchanged. I also changed all the prices to match those of the original.

Just drop the folders on the original folders in mods/cnc.
http://www.filedropper.com/cncimproved

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom