Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Which of TW1 extended adventures are good?

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Haven't ever played these and had totally forgotten about them. I was reminded by someone commenting the The Price of Neutrality was good. Are they all worthwhile?

LtLXmzT.jpg

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
IIRC Price of Neutrality and Side Effects were both made by CDPR and could be considered "official", and IIRC both were quite good. I don't remember if I tried any of the others.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
I played Price of Neutrality and I really liked it. Gave me some Gothic vibes if I'm honest, partially because of the mountains and forests, partially because of how strong enemies were. Didn't play Side Effects, though.

Tancred

Learned
Price of Neutrality is a good one, it borrows a lot from one of Sapkowski's short stories. I don't remember Side Effects though. Some of the other modules are just fan-service wank, like The Wedding. I also have a really vague memory of not being super impressed with another module after blitzing through it in under an hour - might have been Wraiths of Quiet Hamlet but not sure.

Anyway, if you want more of The Witcher you can't really go wrong with Price of Neutrality.

Frozen

Arcane
Price of Neutrality is the only one worth your time.
Its short and fits nice between W1 and W2 (some characters from W2 are first introduced)
All others are goofy pointless trash (not to mention most of other brake the game causing crashes)

Squid

Arbiter
I might have to reinstall to play Price of Neutrality then. Do you have to use a save file from the actual game or is it completely self contained?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom