Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Which game made you give up on Bioware?

The game that made me quit Bioware forever was...

• Total voters

Tancred

Learned
DA2, except I did play it all the way to the end. Surely it'll get better at some point, right?

:abyssgazer:

Malpercio

Arcane
ME2 probably. I thought DAO was boring shit but I liked ME1 for what it was.

Unwanted

Bladeract

It's Neckbeard Shitlord. Again.
Dumbfuck
Jade Empire looked kinda crap but it was not so bad looking as to give up completely.

I never played ME series but the first couple looked more or less reasonable, I just don't give enough of a shit to play a shooter "RPG" under any circumstance.

I never played any DA games, but when I saw the DA 2 marketing I knew it was game over and bioware was dead.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Nwn and then KOTOR. I finished both but hated the direction they took, especially with KOTOR. Never played a Bioware game after that.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
The KoToR, JE, and ME years at bioware were OK as long as you understood they were making console games. They are games you can get drunk playing and not miss anything. I don't regret playing those games. Drunk.

Theldaran

Liturgist
I never played any DA games, but when I saw the DA 2 marketing I knew it was game over and bioware was dead.

What was DA2's marketing like? I was just done with DAO (2011 I think), and then *boom* DA2 hit. I didn't have time to prepare.

Unwanted

Bladeract

It's Neckbeard Shitlord. Again.
Dumbfuck

What was DA2's marketing like? I was just done with DAO (2011 I think), and then *boom* DA2 hit. I didn't have time to prepare.

I recall they were revealing the characters one at a time like it was some big deal, but the stats system was obviously virtually nonexistant. I don't remember specifics but that was the point I stopped thinking that there would be any good games like BG coming out of them again.

KK1001

Arbiter
I realized something was off with ME2 very quickly, but it was really Dragon Age 2 (played 10 minutes and dropped it) that made me give up on them forever.

Ravness

Educated
I put DA:I and Andromeda on hold because I went back to the classics of "Heroes of Might and Magic 3" and "Deus Ex" to reignite my love for RPG's.

DA:I killed my interest in Bioware titles so I ended up grabbing Andromeda at the lowest possible sale, I think 12 USD... that was a mistake, I tried playing Andromeda with a Mouse & Keyboard and it was just bad... Bad controls, WTF is that shitty menu screen... Research? Crafting? with no tutorial on how to use them and it shows up on my menu screen at the beginning at the game... wtf is going on.
All the companions are Neutral in terms of alignment and doesn't vary, they also throw shitty jokes. Cora being the only human with an all Asari commando group and Liam being your typical token black character... at least make him interesting.
I know my grammar is all over the place but god damn... I may have to shelf this game for a long time

:killit:

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
I put DA:I and Andromeda on hold because I went back to the classics of "Heroes of Might and Magic 3" and "Deus Ex" to reignite my love for RPG's.

DA:I killed my interest in Bioware titles so I ended up grabbing Andromeda at the lowest possible sale, I think 12 USD... that was a mistake, I tried playing Andromeda with a Mouse & Keyboard and it was just bad... Bad controls, WTF is that shitty menu screen... Research? Crafting? with no tutorial on how to use them and it shows up on my menu screen at the beginning at the game... wtf is going on.
All the companions are Neutral in terms of alignment and doesn't vary, they also throw shitty jokes. Cora being the only human with an all Asari commando group and Liam being your typical token black character... at least make him interesting.
I know my grammar is all over the place but god damn... I may have to shelf this game for a long time

1. Deus Ex and HoMM3 are barely RPGs in the first place.
2. Why the fuck do you even own DA:I and MA:A in the first place?

All-in-all one of the funniest and most retarded posts of the week.

Ravness

Educated

1. Deus Ex and HoMM3 are barely RPGs in the first place.
2. Why the fuck do you even own DA:I and MA:A in the first place?

All-in-all one of the funniest and most retarded posts of the week.
It was a poor attempt at a joke. And for owning DA:I and ME:A I was giving them a chance. I thought it was just typical hate until I played it, yeah people were right...

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
It was a poor attempt at a joke. And for owning DA:I and ME:A I was giving them a chance. I thought it was just typical hate until I played it, yeah people were right...

Well, when someone admits to owning both DA:I & MA:A & they state that they are unironically trying to play them seriously then it's hard to imagine that someone as an intentionally comedic poster. What Bioware games had you played prior to those two games which stoked up your desire to "get something" out of those extremely predictably awful games? What were you even hoping for?

Ravness

Educated

Well, when someone admits to owning both DA:I & MA:A & they state that they are unironically trying to play them seriously then it's hard to imagine that someone as an intentionally comedic poster. What Bioware games had you played prior to those two games which stoked up your desire to "get something" out of those extremely predictably awful games? What were you even hoping for?
I was hoping for at least engaging companions. Animations are a joke, and remained a joke, menu system is a fucking mess. I was willing to do a playthrough if the characters were at least interesting, I didn't even finish it. Open world grinding was a mistake, anthem is headed to the same direction

Ravness

Educated
So you think both DA2 and MA3 provided those things?
DA2 was a slog, I just figured it was Bioware's Team B at the time so I guess it was strike one for the company for me.
Only played through that one once and for ME3 I liked pretty much 1/3 of it. Didn't like Kai Leng and the Ghost kid stuff, I decided to ride it out because it was the last of Shepard's story. Thane's death was completely avoidable by Kai Leng, but I guess they had to asspull his ending also Ashley became more annoying than usual. Dunno why they had to make her more like a transexual, her ME1 appearance was fine. I'll give ME3 a pass since I liked shepard's companions alot, but yeah I know alot of people hated the game to the ninth degree for alot of reasons and I get it.

Ended up getting a PC and played Baldur's gate... uh lets just say the first half of that game was very dull
When did you give up on Bioware? Did you like any of their more recent games at least a bit?

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
DA2 was a slog, I just figured it was Bioware's Team B at the time so I guess it was strike one for the company for me.
Only played through that one once and for ME3 I liked pretty much 1/3 of it. Didn't like Kai Leng and the Ghost kid stuff, I decided to ride it out because it was the last of Shepard's story. Thane's death was completely avoidable by Kai Leng, but I guess they had to asspull his ending also Ashley became more annoying than usual. Dunno why they had to make her more like a transexual, her ME1 appearance was fine. I'll give ME3 a pass since I liked shepard's companions alot, but yeah I know alot of people hated the game to the ninth degree for alot of reasons and I get it.

Ended up getting a PC and played Baldur's gate... uh lets just say the first half of that game was very dull
When did you give up on Bioware? Did you like any of their more recent games at least a bit?

Bioware games...

I enjoyed thoroughly from start to finish:

NWN: Hoards of the Underdark.

I enjoyed for most of the time:

Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn
NWN: Diamond modules.
Dragon Age: Origins: Awakenings.

I thought were ok, kinda the base level of interest required to finish the game:

Baldur's Gate 1 & it's expansion.
NWN: Shadows of the Undredtide (sp?).
Dragon Age: Origins.
& to an even lesser extent NWN 1

Everything else I've found to be turd level, assuming I even bothered trying it.

Ravness

Educated

Bioware games...

I enjoyed thoroughly from start to finish:

NWN: Hoards of the Underdark.

I enjoyed for most of the time:

Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn
NWN: Diamond modules.
Dragon Age: Origins: Awakenings.

I thought were ok, kinda the base level of interest required to finish the game:

Baldur's Gate 1 & it's expansion.
NWN: Shadows of the Undredtide (sp?).
Dragon Age: Origins.
& to an even lesser extent NWN 1

Everything else I've found to be turd level, assuming I even bothered trying it.
I was pretty much a Xbox player for a long time because I didn't have a decent pc, or money to make one.

I'm still playing through BG1, I pretty much stopped at the town of Baldur's gate. NWN I have it downloaded but don't have the time to play it.

I definitely wanna rush through BG1 to get into BG2 because of the hype.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

I definitely wanna rush through BG1 to get into BG2 because of the hype.
BG2 had the best spell combat of any RTWP game I have ever played. Nice rock, paper, scissors mechanics. Most just focus on DPS spells and buffs/debuffs.

BG1 is pretty good, but lighter on narrative.

Both are pretty generic, but they do a very good job getting the player invested. Especially BG2.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I have written an article on that. Also, Tutu and BGT scrubs squat only one rung above EE-dom, which is the lowest rung possible.

Lhynn

Arcane
Just because you repeat something doesnt make it true. While i can accept arguments that you personally enjoy BG 1 more than the sequel, because they are very different and there is a lot to like, trying to argue that it is a better game is just inane.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom