Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Which feauture did you always miss/want in Fallout1/2?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I suppose. After checking a few sites, it appears to be a perfect survival weapon. Then such a game would have Melee, Throwing (slings, knives, axes, homemade spears), and Firearms skills.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I suppose. After checking a few sites, it appears to be a perfect survival weapon. Then such a game would have Melee, Throwing (slings, knives, axes, homemade spears), and Firearms skills.

That's pretty much how it works right now, with a focus on melee weapons on the start of the game and then slowly first guns popping up. The Firearms are divided into Pistols/SMGs, Rifles and Heavy Machinery. (I never liked the Small/Big/Energy guns classification in Fallout)

@ The archery, I'm a bit of a fanboy towards archery, but I lack the animations and models for them, so if no miracle happens they won't be included.

DraQ

Arcane
That's pretty much how it works right now, with a focus on melee weapons on the start of the game and then slowly first guns popping up. The Firearms are divided into Pistols/SMGs, Rifles and Heavy Machinery. (I never liked the Small/Big/Energy guns classification in Fallout)

@ The archery, I'm a bit of a fanboy towards archery, but I lack the animations and models for them, so if no miracle happens they won't be included.
Crossbows.

Simple to make in low-tech conditions, may be made of salvaged stuff like car leaf springs that would be unfeasible in bows, can use firearm animations for most part and fall under firearm skill.

(Also :bro: to VD regarding survival and post-apoc balance).

hiver

I wouldnt agree that bows and arrows would be rare. Its one of the oldest long range weapons, if not the oldest, human kind used and they are not that hard to make either.
Not that they should be very common and that everyone would know how to make them from the start but im sure there would be a few bow makers and fletchers in every bigger settlement, as the knowledge is passed from generation to generation.

Not that im an expert on bows but their obvious advantage over slings for example is much longer range and much greater deadliness and capability to create serious debilitating wounds, especially useful in hunting or defense against dangerous animals and mutants.
Maybe a moot point since it looks like they probably wont be included.

Spears should be melee weapons too, not just something you throw.
And maybe... adding ability to poison blades of melee weapons would be cool. But requiring knowledge of making different poisons in the first place, or buying them from someone who knows.

As a general setting issue i think that doctor or medical skills and knowledge should be one of the most valuable ones in the game world. And very difficult to learn.
If the player is allowed to learn such skills he should be able to sell their services.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I've just refreshed my mind of this topic reading all the suggestions again, making notes (since a lot of stuff has been updated since then). I'll post some screenshots and mechanics of how the fog of war works now. Unfortunately, my first and foremost goal to have full party control turned out to be pretty hard to do (it is very buggy). But I really really want to have this in. I think it's boring to control only one character, so this is my #1 on the list. Thanks for all the suggestions so far again!

I'll also create a new topic tomorrow for the survival aspects Vault Dweller mentionend, I already have some pretty neat ideas in, especially for the lower tiers and the start of the game, but I could need a suggestion or two for the mid to endgame, to keep it all in balance etc.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
GURPS, survival, tastefully done rape.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom